“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Wyoming
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Clean and quiet room. This hotel has the most friendly staff I've ever seen in a hotel! I didn't pass one employee that didn't say hello and ask me how I was doing! I will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PiggyPie68
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand. We look forward to serving you your next visit to Billings!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Acworth, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed here a few weeks ago for a conference. The outside appearance and even some of the lobby is deceiving. We booked well in advacne, yet were given the shabby rooms way on the "old" section of the hotel. To make matters worse, the section i was did NOT have an elevator and I ah to drag my luggage up and down the stairs durgni check-in and check-out. The heaeter was so nosy, I could hardly sleep, but I had no chocie but to keep it on sicne the room was so cold. Would never stay here again. During checkout the desk attendant had the nerve to ask me how was my stay. " I said, okay." I was being kind, but she heard it in my voice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank noneya10462
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand MT. We have installed new 32 inch flat screens in all guest rooms and are in the process of installing a new elevator in the two story section of the hotel. We continue to make improvements to the property on a regular basis. Thank you for your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

Stayed here in April 2011 for a business meeting. The room was spacious and had comfortable beds. The room and the hotel were clean. They did provide free WiFi which I consider a great amenity.

I did feel that the hotel and room missed on a couple of amenities. There was not a mini-fridge in the room even though the spacious room provided ample space for it. The TV could have been better. I would have expected either a 27 inch tube TV or flat screen. The TV had poor color contrast and could not handle shows with dark colors.

I understand that the hotel has a restaurant and they would like people to use it, but a continental breakfast is becoming a standard when choosing a hotel.

Overall I feel that I can stay other places for the same money and receive a better value.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank localjoe
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand MT. We have installed new 32 inch flat screens in all guest rooms. We continue to make improvements to the property on a regular basis. Thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future.
Berthold, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

I stayed here recently w/ my daughter, husband and parents. We shared a suite and we found the room to be roomy, clean and comfortable. We did notice a water leakage problem in one corner, but this did not bother us at the time - though it should be looked into.

We stayed two seperate nights over the weekend. The service I received from Brandon at the front desk on the first night at a late check was fantastic. He allowed us to checkout the room to make sure it was what we were looking for before checking us in. I had also made an error in reservations and he corrected that error with no fuss.

The hotel is large, seems to have good amenities and is clean and the staff was courteous.

We had breakfast one morning in the restaurant - this was acceptable but nothing grand. My husband and I also used our gambling voucher in the casino and enjoyed a pleasant couple of hours there.

Hotel was incredibly quiet.

I would recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive comments! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future!
Victor, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

The rooms were not overtly fancy by all means, but they do provide multiple "firm" and "soft" labeled pillows to choose from for the beds. Our timing must have been great because the place was actually VERY quiet and sparsely populated.
The in-room heater/cooler(air-source heat pump) is not a well-thought-out piece of equipment... it cycled on-off for 30 seconds at a time, and did that once every 2 minutes unless you shut it down completely.
The highlight of it all was the in-hotel establishments, namely the Yellowstone Steakhouse(I think that's what it's called). The service was great & the food was even better, and for such a nice dining experience the prices were reasonable too. This "feature" made the whole stay there quite exceptional. Props to The Grand Montana Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
We would like to thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Grand Billings; your comments regarding your recent stay are appreciated! Hope to see you return soon and meet our new Chef, he has great new special every day. Thanks!
Bozeman, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

I never complain and have never written a review before, but the only thing grand about this motel is that it is a grand disaster. The room was nasty, we requested another and it was only dirty, much better. It was obvious the staff only cleaned at the rooms. There is deferred maintaince everywhere. It was rated as a 3 star and it was nowhere near that. I could go on about many other short comings, but there is no sense beating a dead horse. If you have a choice, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BozemanSooner
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay with our facility. Be assured we take comments seriously and we strive to improve our service daily. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again and let us know how we are doing.
Carrollton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

It is well-settled that Holiday Inn's parent, Intercontinental Hotels Group, has invested a significant sum of money to recreate Holiday Inn into a key competitor with other similar chains. Having stayed in 4 newly renovated Holiday Inns within the past 6 months, I can attest that the brand is beginning to come out of the "fog" it found itself in during the late 80's and 90's. The Grand Montana has begun its renovations, although I hope they are far from complete. My room had new, comfortable bedding with adequate bath fixtures and seating within the room. While stylish, the large tube television took away from the freshly-remodeled feel. One last concern about the room was the heating/airconditioning in the room. I am 100% positive that the thermostat was there as some form of art. No matter what you did with it, the one three settings it knew were hot, hot, and hot. Yes, it was Montana in February, but it is awfully uncomfortable to be sweating!!!

As I stated in the above paragraph, the rooms are very close to being completed in full renovation. The interior of the hotel, including the atrium has a LONG ways to go. While the lobby is a vast space, there is very little furniture strewn about this expanse. A little more could be done to make the lobby more appealing. Barring the lobby's appearance, I would still recommend this hotel if you are stopping by for a night in Billings, Montana.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
We thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Grand. We are thrilled that you recognize all the improvements we have completed with our Re-launch. Our new flat screen TVs will arrive in May. We thank you for your comments and take them to heart. We look forward to serving you again. Thanks!