“Robert P. - Comfort, location and a parting gift”

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Watford City, North Dakota
“Robert P. - Comfort, location and a parting gift”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The hotel is centrally located right off the freeway and offers affordable prices along with panoramic views of the city. Close to malls and other amenities and kids still eat free which in this economy makes for a wise choice. I enjoyed the tower rooms for the view at the price offered and would recommend this to anyone. Another plus is if you are a Priority Club member you get a parting gift of 1000 bonus points or a choice of about 5 other items. I highly recommend this hotel not only for the price but for the convenience.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Towers as the price is reasonable and you have a lot more room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand, we thank you for your compliments and we look forward to serving you your next visit to Billings!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
BUTTE
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and as a former manager of a motel understand that sometimes there are problems but I have never seen a hotel with the problems this one has.
We had booked the convention well in advance but the rooms we were told we would have--were in use with an over-flow from another convention. The 2nd elevator had not worked for weeks so only one elevator was working. We had to ask that the hallway carpet be cleaned so we were not walking on food with formals and dress shoes. Don't run out of toilet paper--30 minutes after you call for more---you get a knock on the door and a box of kleenex handed to you. One of our group had to move 3 times. Two rooms had to move because of "nats" flying around in the room. Another never had a working shower. And expect to have your key-card only work every third try if you are lucky otherwise you have to keep going back to get it re-keyed.
The heat/air decides on its own what you need so you can have the air on when you go to sleep but wake up at 2am because the heat has come on. If you want maid service--you will have to tell them that you have 2 trash cans to empty, how many towels, etc. you need, and request the beds be made. Oh, one of the staff stopped us and asked if the cart we were using was the one he had parked by the wall--we assured him that the cart we had was from the lobby--he then walked out with us to take the cart after we unloaded it---he shared with us that the parking lot was suppose to be paved this summer but it was suppose to be done last summer too--his comment was that "things get done slow around here"---didn't sound like the staff was any more happy with the hotel as we were.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower otherwise put on your walking shoes
1 Thank Helen B
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Grand MT. We apologize for the elevator being down; we had to wait for parts to be built to make the necessary repairs. It will be back in action on May 12th. We enjoyed working with your group and we held space according to the booking agreement, we were able to accommodate additional space needed. We look forward to next year’s event and have added additional space to accommodate the special set-up. We apologize for the other areas of concern and will strive to improve quality and service levels. Your feed back is important to us, your comments and suggestions help us make a better team.

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is a bit dated. The rooms look tired and in need of a renovation. I had a corner room in the tower which was an upgrade. I'm glad i didn't have a room in the wing. It looked like a long walk. On my second night i went down to the restaurant at about 8:50 pm and they told me they were closing. At 8:50pm? If this is a business class hotel, the restaurant needs to be open later.

Room Tip: The rooms in the atrium tower are alot closer than the ones in the wing.
1 Thank Pistolpjh
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your comments; we welcome any suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience. We continue to make changes according to guest’s feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and let us know how we are improving.
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 23 April 2012

It's a remodeled older hotel that exists for conventions primarily. I stayed there for five days and they never cleaned the sweat off the exercise machines left by a careless person and the dust on the carpet was pretty thick behind the chair in my room. The pool area is very nice and the water was deep and warm. I like it when hotels have a mini fridge - this one doesn't.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear sunfun453,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked our hotel location as well as our pool facilities. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the cleanliness issues in the fitness area have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
C. MT
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Grand MT several times before but the last visit was lets just say was awful... First off it took nearly 20 mins to check in at the front desk as there was only 1 person working it but there was also only 3 guests in front of myself. Seems like the front desk clerk wanted to play chatty Cathy with each and everyone.

Next my room was a double queen room in the old 2 story building in the back near the trade center. Turns out there was a pool tournament going on there with lots of partying going on associated with it. The electronic door lock to the room had an attitude that it would flash green but might unlock the door after 6-12 attempts. The Wifi signal was strong and they recently upgraded to flat screen tv's but the channel lineup was poor at best. The pool and hot tub was nice to relax in.

The worst part was around 11PM the pool players were loud and boisterous in the hallway and about 1:30AM they were back again yelling in the hallway after returning from the bar. On top of that there language was quite repulsive at best I was a good thing that was not spending the night with my child present.

The Holiday Inn grand MT is not a bad hotel but is perhaps to large for its own good. I really should not complain as I did book the room for $15 less than the Motel 6 next door. I could not imagine paying the rack rate for this experience.

Room Tip: Get a tower room if possible they are larger and better overall
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank travelingfoolmt
Thank you for your comments; we welcome any suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience. We continue to make changes according to guest’s feedback. I apologize for the problems you encountered with the pool tournament noise levels. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and let us know how we are improving.
Bethune, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My sister's room in "the tower" was much nicer than my room in the 2 story building. My room had an exposed metal bar, open to the room, with 4 hangers for a closet. My sister had a microwave and a refrigerator, I had none. My room was serviced every day, her's was not. Day one the towels were very scratchy, the second day they were really soft, and the third day they were average. Take a map of the hotel with you everywhere, and even then you will sometimes feel like a mouse in a maze. The food was very good except for the eggs at breakfast, ate there 4 times. Dog barking all night one night.
The hotel has airport shuttle service? I called from the airport and was told to go out door 3 and wait for pickup, 40 minutes later, frozen nose and toes, I go back inside and call again. First time I spoke with a male, this time I spoke with a female and was told the shuttle was on its way and she would let the driver know I was standing inside because it was so cold. 15 minutes the van pulls up, I go out and the driver said the only pick up he knew of was a flight crew coming in a 2 PM if I wanted to wait. Well one hour and 30 minutes after I called the hotel I was finally on my way. My shuttle service to the airport could not have been smoother!

Room Tip: request a tower room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank re3ver
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your comments; we welcome any suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience. We continue to make changes according to guest’s feedback. I apologize for the inconsistencies you encountered and will work with our team to improve our communication efforts. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and let us know how we are doing.
Belgrade, Montana
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I’m forced to rate this Holliday Inn average, but in truth it is much better than average, just not quite “very good”. I’m a big fan of Holliday Inns, and this one has the usual impressive atrium with tiered baloneys that enhance space and make your forget your packed into the endless hallways of a hotel. It’s located conveniently close to Billing’s shopping street, King Avenue West, as well as the interstate. My wife and I like to visit Billings for shopping and we always stay in one of the king suites in the atrium “tower”. The rest of the hotel is underwhelming. In truth, most of it needs a major makeover, especially the concrete pit that passes for a pool. But if you relegate your reservations to the tower you will have great views, quiet interior tiered baloneys hushed by deep pile carpet, and two room king-bed suites that are as good as any I’ve seen at 4 star hotels.
Join the Priority Club and they’ll always give you a free upgrade from a standard room to a suite. Prices are significantly lower in the winter off-peak months.

Pros:
Close to shopping
Awesome, if not dated, tower atrium
Quiet
Better than expected king suites

Cons:
Dated building, especially the “newer” wings
Plain and lame pool area

Room Tip: Always spring for a king suite in the atrium "tower". All other rooms are claustraphobic.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Grand. We thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit!