“Good Location - Okay”

Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Palm Coast, Florida
“Good Location - Okay”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Our room was way in the back and far from the front lobby -- outdoor entrance and I do not like staying in hotels like this. The location is okay, roads get a little confusing because of the interstate and underpass / overpass.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FlaglerPalms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and recently stayed here after a long stint of vowing never to stay here again from a previous horrible experience. Unfortunately this is one of the only hotels in Billings that has a convention center and can accomodate larger conferences, therefore they have a captive consumer. I booked a nonsmoking room but was flanked on all sides but one with smoking rooms in the add-on part of the hotel. From the amount of smoke that I could smell (stinky), I might as well have booked a smoking room. In my previous experience, I requested a room away from any entrance....they put me in the add-on right next to an entrance. I had people partying and smoking right outside my window, coming in and out of the entrance all night. I called the front desk three times to ask for assistance, but they never did anything. Staff is not empowered and does not have that customer service "we'll make this right" attitude. I've never gotten a good nights sleep here. C'mon Billings, build another convention center, this facility is confusing, outdated, and lacks customer service leadership.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Heather S

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Great staff! outgoing, very friendly! I stayed in the tower part of the hotel and the bed was so comfortable! There is a Motel part that is totally connected to the hotel that you could get lost but didnt look like out door entrence that I was worried about! Great bar, resturant and very good value! I would recommend!!!!

Room Tip: tower seems more upsclale but didnt stay in other area, rooms still looked really nice there too
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We spent a night at the Holiday Inn while passing through on a trip to Denver. This is a great hotel for the value - we used an online hotel booking site last minute. It is in a great location for easy access off and on to the interstate. Our room was very clean although the beds were not the most comfortable. We did use the indoor pool and found it to be clean as well. The front staff were very friendly and helpful, even giving us a free upgrade as my husband works for an airline. Adjacent to the pool is a small workout gym with adequate equipment for any workout. Overall, if I was passing through Billings in the future I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Katey2319
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Front desk super nice, waitstaff and bartender were happy, and pleasant to talk with. Dinner wasn't very good. We had been in the car about 8 hrs, looking forward to a nice dinner. I had a Boursin Filet, Filet was good, Boursin wasn't bad just not very good. I love Boursin so it was a dissapointment. My husband had the Ribeye which was 26.50 and about 1/2" thick, to thin for a dinner steak at that price. Our server was really nice and very new to her job, but did great with help from the bar staff. Team players all around. We would definitley stay again just not eat dinner there.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Part of my problem with this hotel may be with hotels.com, through which I had made a confirmed reservation for a nonsmoking room, two queen beds (they didn't have a king left, but I didn't care about that - I care about a clean room). When I arrived, there was a line out the front door and they only had two people working the front desk. I received my room key at last and went to check out the room.

It was FILTHY, smelled strongly like smoke, it had one bed smaller than a queen, and it would have taken about 5 steps to walk from one end of the room to the other. I went back to the front desk and they said that it was the only room they had left - and that hotels.com booked me as "last available room" - I contacted hotels.com and they talked to Jake at the front desk and they cancelled my reservation. I pity the pour person who was in line behind me and ultimately got that room.

The rest of the rooms may be fine, and I am sure the other patrons were happy, but I was not. The front desk people were utterly unimpressed with my predicament, and didn't seem to care at all.

I left and went to the Marriott and had a fine night.

Room Tip: Just don't get the "last available room" - you would rather sleep in the alley.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ColoradoHappyhiker
West Richland, Washington
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

A nice choice of hotels. The hotel is very large and the facilities, pool and fitness rooms are first class. Im a priority club member and upon srrival was upgradedto a king e ecutive room. They also gave us a coupon for a free glass of wine plus $ 1credit at the casino. Also we opted for a free bottle ofwi e as a club member. For the price this was a good value.

• Stayed August 2012