“Excellent care”

Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Williston, North Dakota
“Excellent care”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

After my family was asked to leave the Hampton Inn Billings with a police escort from alleged noise complaints ( our 15 month old baby was crying for 5-10 minutes) we were displaced and looking for another hotel at 1 am.Jerry at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating and managed to find us two open rooms (they were even next door to each other as we were traveling with family and had 2 rooms at the Hampton). After we checked in we had a minor problem with the room key not working for one of the rooms. We called the front desk and they sent up someone to change out our room keys with in a couple of minutes. We also had a crib delivered to the room in a timely manner. Overall the staff was very professional and accommodating and helped out our family when we were in a major jam.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Wildcats_01
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I am sorry to here about your unpleasant experience at the Hampton Inn. I am glad we could help and please make the right choice to stay with the Holiday Inn Grand Billings Montana next time you come through Billings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Arlington, VA, USA
Reviewed 6 October 2012

It's reasonably priced and is a clean hotel. Sometimes it gets packed and since it's pretty cheap it fills up with some rowdier folks. Overall, it's a solid B in cleanliness, service, and quality of restaurant and pool. The rooms are comfy and the location is pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Francisco M
Thank you for your kind feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be a great value. We will get the cleanliness up to a A+ in no time. Please stop by and say hello next time you come through Billings and thanks again for staying with the Holiday Grand Billings Montana.
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I chose this hotel for business travel for its ease on and off I-90. It is a decent hotel and I chose to stay in the tower section under the advisement of earlier trip advisors who have stayed here.
The front desk staff was friendly but did not go out of the normal check in service mode even when I mentioned it was my first time to Billings or this hotel.
The room was decent but could use so more outlets.
I had a bit of trouble getting the printer to actually print (never did happen) but in all fairness that could have been operator error.
Overall a nice place. It just didn't go beyond that.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Srogerio
Jason B, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Montana! Our team appreciates your feedback regarding your visit. I have personally checked on the printer to make sure it is printing correctly. Our front desk is relatively new to the hotel and we are doing weekly training to make sure we can accommodate the request of out guests to the fullest extent. I am new to the hotel as General Manager and we have already upgraded our service. Again thanks for the feedback to help us improve our hotel.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here for about 5 weeks while in town for work. Very friendly staff. Great location nearby to many local restaurants and shopping. They have a 24hr free airport shuttle. Restaurant and bar on site, hours could be more flexible, but worked. Food was pretty good.
It is important to note that this hotel has a newly renovated "atrium" section and then an older section. the Atrium is located in the main central area around a large lobby. the older section is only a couple floors high, mazes around the back of the building and not all sections have an elevator either. Still acceptable for a room, but ask for an Atrium room if the online photos are what sold you on the stay! They have a nice indoor pool as well. Having lived here for over a month, i found it comfortable and convenient.

Room Tip: As stated above, ask for an atrium room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jen H
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you so much for recognizing the Holiday Inn Grand Montana’s great service. I am new to the hotel as General Manager and only hope to improve our already great customer service and product. Please feel free to stop in and say hello on your next visit.

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Booked this hotel/motel thru Priceline's make an offer on getting a 3 star lodging for a 2 star price. I traveled to Billings with my sister and brother-in-law from Florida, I live in southeastern Colorado. This Holiday Inn has a main building, seven stories high and to the east a two story motel type of a lay-out. A restaurant, bar and a casino on site, we did not use the restaurant. A Cracker Barrel and another restaurant is just across the street to the west and with-in walking distance, both were good. And if you drive north under the I-90 underpass you will see lots of restaurants.
The room was very nice, quite and a great bed. We asked a room maid a question and she couldn't speak any English, this didn't sit well with me, and she was probably an illegal?
My lap top could not log on to the internet in our room, and the person at the front desk was of no real help. The hotel's computer could not print out anything and no one could fix it? The morning of our departure a bill was placed under our door, it was for phone calls. Four calls was charged to my credit card, only one call was made and it was local. So, I had to go to the front desk and get the the other three calls taken off! They were nice about it, but no free local calls. So check your bill if you stay there. Also the toilet paper was like sand paper? They need a better supplier! Can you say ruff?

Room Tip: I my opinion, book the Holiday Inn Express in Billings, it is newer.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Graybeard47
Peter Y, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear Greybeard47,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip advisor review. We appreciate your notes and have taken them all into consideration. All our Team Members are required to provide the proper documents before they are hired onto the team. However we do have some team members that english is thier second language. We have since tested the Business center computers and the printing functionality does work. We apologize that you were not able to access the wireless internet feature but we have also tested the signal to insure that it is up and running. I agree that the toilet is not the softest of brands. It is a "Green" product that is a part of our committment. Moving forward, we will stock some additional bathroom paper products. We apologize that some additional phone charges were charged to your room but glad we were able to address it for you upon your departure. We hope that your travels brings you back to our Hotel and that you give us another opportunity to make your stay better.

Take Care,

Peter Yeung
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Our room was way in the back and far from the front lobby -- outdoor entrance and I do not like staying in hotels like this. The location is okay, roads get a little confusing because of the interstate and underpass / overpass.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FlaglerPalms
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and recently stayed here after a long stint of vowing never to stay here again from a previous horrible experience. Unfortunately this is one of the only hotels in Billings that has a convention center and can accomodate larger conferences, therefore they have a captive consumer. I booked a nonsmoking room but was flanked on all sides but one with smoking rooms in the add-on part of the hotel. From the amount of smoke that I could smell (stinky), I might as well have booked a smoking room. In my previous experience, I requested a room away from any entrance....they put me in the add-on right next to an entrance. I had people partying and smoking right outside my window, coming in and out of the entrance all night. I called the front desk three times to ask for assistance, but they never did anything. Staff is not empowered and does not have that customer service "we'll make this right" attitude. I've never gotten a good nights sleep here. C'mon Billings, build another convention center, this facility is confusing, outdated, and lacks customer service leadership.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Heather S

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels