“what a joke”

Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Billings
greatlakes
“what a joke”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

after traveling all day long ,i get to this hotel,holiday inn and i had to stand in line a very long time and after check inn i had to wait for my room because it wasnt clean,
after they confirmed my room cleaned i was able to go,
i get to the room and thier were bugs all over the exterior of the building and they were crawing in my room.
i had went down to the front desk to get another room,and yet i had to wait again for another room to be cleaned.
what a joke,now iam getting mad and thinking about checking into the motel 6 next door,
i go to my new room and it didnt have heat,i got burned in the hot tub,the maintenance staff kicked me out of it,like dah i cant sit in 132 ' water,he told me the spa heater was from the kitchens dishwashing mechine, i dont want to know? whatever.
so after been frustrated i went back to me room to see water rushing from my bath cieling,the front desk called and wanted to move me again,i finally just left i will never stay at another holiday inn again,

susie Q

Room Tip: for the money ,i would go elsewhere,i do alot of bussiness trips and i found that most holiday inns...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
I am so sorry to about your recent stay. I started at this Holiday Inn as of September 24th and we have made many improvements already first from a service stand point and also to the product itself. I will be the first to tell you that we are not perfect but we are a dedicated team that is moving forward quickly and the improvements have been immediate. Please, on your next visit stop by and discuss how all of the great changes have changed your opinion. Again I am can't apologize enough for your last stay but as you can see from other recent reviews we are on the right track.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
missoula
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the American Cancer relay for life Summit meeting.
the rooms were very nice, the conference rooms we nice the staff was very friendly. great stay. and wow was it quite in the rooms. with as many people in our group and the rooms we had I couldn't believe how quite it was. the beds were comfy. the food was really good.

Room Tip: we heard "some" road noise but not a whole lot. no big deal. slept right through it
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank almostx1
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
We are proud to be a part of the successful event the American Cancer Society had. I am happy to hear we took excellent care of yourself and the group. We will see you again next year! Thanks for the great comments.
Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed 8 October 2012

After my family was asked to leave the Hampton Inn Billings with a police escort from alleged noise complaints ( our 15 month old baby was crying for 5-10 minutes) we were displaced and looking for another hotel at 1 am.Jerry at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating and managed to find us two open rooms (they were even next door to each other as we were traveling with family and had 2 rooms at the Hampton). After we checked in we had a minor problem with the room key not working for one of the rooms. We called the front desk and they sent up someone to change out our room keys with in a couple of minutes. We also had a crib delivered to the room in a timely manner. Overall the staff was very professional and accommodating and helped out our family when we were in a major jam.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Wildcats_01
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I am sorry to here about your unpleasant experience at the Hampton Inn. I am glad we could help and please make the right choice to stay with the Holiday Inn Grand Billings Montana next time you come through Billings.
Arlington, VA, USA
Reviewed 6 October 2012

It's reasonably priced and is a clean hotel. Sometimes it gets packed and since it's pretty cheap it fills up with some rowdier folks. Overall, it's a solid B in cleanliness, service, and quality of restaurant and pool. The rooms are comfy and the location is pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Francisco M
Thank you for your kind feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be a great value. We will get the cleanliness up to a A+ in no time. Please stop by and say hello next time you come through Billings and thanks again for staying with the Holiday Grand Billings Montana.
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I chose this hotel for business travel for its ease on and off I-90. It is a decent hotel and I chose to stay in the tower section under the advisement of earlier trip advisors who have stayed here.
The front desk staff was friendly but did not go out of the normal check in service mode even when I mentioned it was my first time to Billings or this hotel.
The room was decent but could use so more outlets.
I had a bit of trouble getting the printer to actually print (never did happen) but in all fairness that could have been operator error.
Overall a nice place. It just didn't go beyond that.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Srogerio
Jason B, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Montana! Our team appreciates your feedback regarding your visit. I have personally checked on the printer to make sure it is printing correctly. Our front desk is relatively new to the hotel and we are doing weekly training to make sure we can accommodate the request of out guests to the fullest extent. I am new to the hotel as General Manager and we have already upgraded our service. Again thanks for the feedback to help us improve our hotel.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here for about 5 weeks while in town for work. Very friendly staff. Great location nearby to many local restaurants and shopping. They have a 24hr free airport shuttle. Restaurant and bar on site, hours could be more flexible, but worked. Food was pretty good.
It is important to note that this hotel has a newly renovated "atrium" section and then an older section. the Atrium is located in the main central area around a large lobby. the older section is only a couple floors high, mazes around the back of the building and not all sections have an elevator either. Still acceptable for a room, but ask for an Atrium room if the online photos are what sold you on the stay! They have a nice indoor pool as well. Having lived here for over a month, i found it comfortable and convenient.

Room Tip: As stated above, ask for an atrium room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jen H
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you so much for recognizing the Holiday Inn Grand Montana’s great service. I am new to the hotel as General Manager and only hope to improve our already great customer service and product. Please feel free to stop in and say hello on your next visit.

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Booked this hotel/motel thru Priceline's make an offer on getting a 3 star lodging for a 2 star price. I traveled to Billings with my sister and brother-in-law from Florida, I live in southeastern Colorado. This Holiday Inn has a main building, seven stories high and to the east a two story motel type of a lay-out. A restaurant, bar and a casino on site, we did not use the restaurant. A Cracker Barrel and another restaurant is just across the street to the west and with-in walking distance, both were good. And if you drive north under the I-90 underpass you will see lots of restaurants.
The room was very nice, quite and a great bed. We asked a room maid a question and she couldn't speak any English, this didn't sit well with me, and she was probably an illegal?
My lap top could not log on to the internet in our room, and the person at the front desk was of no real help. The hotel's computer could not print out anything and no one could fix it? The morning of our departure a bill was placed under our door, it was for phone calls. Four calls was charged to my credit card, only one call was made and it was local. So, I had to go to the front desk and get the the other three calls taken off! They were nice about it, but no free local calls. So check your bill if you stay there. Also the toilet paper was like sand paper? They need a better supplier! Can you say ruff?

Room Tip: I my opinion, book the Holiday Inn Express in Billings, it is newer.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Graybeard47
Peter Y, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear Greybeard47,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip advisor review. We appreciate your notes and have taken them all into consideration. All our Team Members are required to provide the proper documents before they are hired onto the team. However we do have some team members that english is thier second language. We have since tested the Business center computers and the printing functionality does work. We apologize that you were not able to access the wireless internet feature but we have also tested the signal to insure that it is up and running. I agree that the toilet is not the softest of brands. It is a "Green" product that is a part of our committment. Moving forward, we will stock some additional bathroom paper products. We apologize that some additional phone charges were charged to your room but glad we were able to address it for you upon your departure. We hope that your travels brings you back to our Hotel and that you give us another opportunity to make your stay better.

Take Care,