“Customer service was great”

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Helena, Montana
“Customer service was great”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

MOD Mike was very personable, stopping by to see us in the bar to make sure everything was great. Also, the bartenders Katie and Kacie were nice. I wish they offered a free breakfast, something I seek out when traveling. The free wifi worked great. The pool was way too cold to swim in, and the hot tub was luke warm. But the facility was nice and the people were nice. I did get a free breakfast buffet voucher for the first morning of my 2 night stay, but it would have been nice to get both mornings' breakfast covered. Free drink tickets for my first night helped soften the blow.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you for recognizing our outstanding staff and all of our added amenities!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 March 2013

After unfortunately hitting a deer outside Deadwood, South Dakota, my wife and I had to drive our little first generation Honda Insight (tough little car for taking that hit and still being drivable) all the way to Billings to have it checked out by an authorized USAA body shop. It was a pretty grueling drive. When we walked into the Grand Montana Holiday Inn, we were greeted by a pleasant staff. Because my wife and I had booked through Hotwire, I knew our chances of getting a choice room weren't great, but I attempted to elicit sympathy from the hotel staff and requested a quiet room not too far from the lobby and breakfast area. In typical fashion for Hotwire bookings, the front desk personnel told us that Hotwire bookings aren't even guaranteed non-smoking rooms. They were clearly setting me up to accept whatever non-smoking room they wanted to give me. Well, my charms went unappreciated, and we were stuck way on the back side of the hotel facing the interstate. The room wasn't particularly dirty, but it didn't seem totally clean either. It had an odd musty smell, and the air conditioner/heater did neither very well. It was an extraordinarily long walk through a labyrinth of hallways to make it to the breakfast area, and I have to agree with other reviewers here that the breakfast was ordinary at best. My wife and I dropped our car off at the body shop in Billings, got our rental car for the weekend, and drove off to Yellowstone. When we returned to Billings to retrieve our car, which was deemed risky to drive all the way back to Los Angeles, instead of camping out in Billings before going back through Yellowstone, we chose to stay at the Best Western in Livingston, a great hotel for the money staffed by wonderful, friendly, and accommodating people.

Room Tip: Good luck. If you booked through Hotwire or Priceline, your chances of getting a decent room are sli...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our great hotel on TripAdvisor and we are so sorry to hear about the car troubles, glad everyone is ok and we hope you made it back safe! Thanks for recognizing the friendly staff and we have improved our housekeeping management in the past few weeks! TIP: next time call the hotel direct to book your room and you will be able to choose your room preferences and get a similar rate!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Priceline. The hotel is located just off the interstate. Anything you could ever want is in the hotel. The pool and spa were a welcomed treat after 12 hours of driving. When we checked in the front desk was busy but the front desk associate was super friendly and efficient! The restaurant was closed but there are SO many good food choices right by the hotel.
The room was very clean and comfortable. We were facing the interstate but couldn't hear it at all.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If its just one or four of you...I think this hotel really does offer something for everyone. I would for sure stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the hotels amenities! Thanks for staying and we will see you next time through!
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This hotel shows its age from inside out. The outside looks fairly nice but the inside is where the truth lies. The rooms are very dated and the cleanliness was just not there. We ate at the breakfast buffet in the morning and we weren't all that impressed with the food selection. If we venture back through Montana, we will be looking elsewhere for hotels in the Billings area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback! As you can see from all of the other comments we do well at the hotel, with that being said we are not perfect and strive to correct ant deficiencies noted from our valued guests. The hotel is making several capital improvements this year and years to come and our Housekeeping department is also under new management! Please stop by next time to discuss all of the positive changes we have made next time through. Please call me direct to book you next trip to Billings!
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a young lady from I think from Romania. So sweet! Then there was these two brothers I think were twins. They were so nice. I had a little trouble with the heat in my room. I called down and they were on it in minute to move me to another room Thank you Mike and Ryan. I will be back take you home with me!

Stayed March 2013
Thanks for recognizing our outstanding employee Ryan! I have passed this on to him! See you next time you stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Billings Montana!
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I wanted to tell you how helpful both Ryan and the manager were when I arrived. I did not have a reservation for myself or associate. Not only did they help find a very attractive rate they even went the extra mile when I said that I was a Prioriy Club member an d had no idea how many poits that I had. Ryan, especially, was very pleasant and made sure that all went well. Thank you for his efforts.
Dave P

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thanks for the compliments for Ryan and our excellent front desk staff! The hotel prides itself on our outstanding service. We certainly appreciate loyal our Priority Club Members as well!
Belgrade, Montana
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed here for my daughter's dance competition. As I was walking to the hotel entrance, I looked up at the tower and saw a cleaning lady leaning out a 3rd floor window smoking. So, I was not surprised my non-smoking room smelled like smoke. I didn't complain because I knew the only other rooms available were smoking. My room was on the 6th floor and was extremely warm. I turned on what I thought was the air conditioning and left to see some of the dance competition. I found out later the fan as it was blowing only hot air out. When I called down to the desk I was informed that the air conditioning only works when it is a certain temperature outside and to turn of the fan completely. They also told me I could open the window. I was actually afraid to do this as there was DUCT TAPE all around the windows. Maintenance came up and opened it. It only opened about 2 inched and barely allowed any air in. I was in a "tower suite" but there was the duct tape, peeling wallpaper, the shower barely trickled water and the pull out bed had absolutely no linen anywhere in the room and it's mattress had a large stain on it. The last straw for me was when the "central air" came on at 1:30am and it made my already warm room even warmer. My only positive thing to say is the front desk and ancillary staff where friendly. This definitely was not worth the $$$ I paid.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank for the feedback regarding your resent stay. The hotel is addressing the issues with the room. Our maintenance staff goes through all of the rooms once a quarter to do the repairs. Thanks for recognizing the great service that you received from the front desk. Please feel free to stop by and discuss the changes the hotel has made your next visit to Billings.

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels