“Dirty bed, sink and stink.”

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very disappointed. I just drove 8 hours and was beat, all I wanted was a clean room to lay my head for the night. It just wasn't to be, in fact I'm beginning to wonder if certain rooms of lower quality, in worse repair or just plain dirtier are saved for travelers who book last second??? That's the only thing that comes to mind.

My bathroom sink hadn't been cleaned, there was moldy looking spots on the bathroom ceiling and the room stank like it needed fresh air really bad. The worst of the whole disappointing stay was when I pulled back the bed sheets there was what appeared to be "skid marks" on the sheet, thank god there was a second bed without suspect marks.

I can not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabe E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Gabe E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. I truly regret that your stay was a disappointment on several aspects most particularly with the maintenance levels in the room that you were allocated. Your feedback is essential for us as this enables us to improve and upgrade what we can offer to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

Again, we thank you for your time in writing us a review and we regret the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Even tho our rate was good due to a "government" rate, I will not stay here again. I only chose this hotel because the conference at which I presented was hosted here.
Upon arrival, the front desk staff was rude and unwelcoming.
When we got to our room (in the way back, upstairs without an elevator), the hall smelled musty. The room was worse in the smell factor. We wanted to open a window but could not.
I used the bathroom only to find a dirty towel still hanging on the back of the door.
In the morning when I wanted to use the coffee maker, there were OLD MOLDY coffee grounds still in the machine.
I was ready to leave right then and there. My partner's experience prior to this one was a tad worse. She had a mouse scurry across her bed in the night.
This is an appalling situation and one I am sure corporate would not want to handle.
Nothing as for compensation was offered for my situation, and being a H.I. premium member, I certainly was not treated as such.
I've since received 2 email replies to the Holiday Inn survey from management stating someone will be phoning me within 48 hours. It has been 96 hours and I have heard nothing. It is obvious that this Hotel management does not respect the reviews and suggestions posted from their own survey. Perhaps going more public with Trip Advisor will spark their interest. I will not hold my breath, however.

Room Tip: Good luck finding a GOOD ROOM,
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MiPAS48025
Jason B, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello MiPAS48025,
Thank you for your review. I would sincerely like to apologize for the shortfalls and inconvenience your encountered during your stay. I have read your review and would like to apologize for no phone calls. I will follow up with the other departments regarding your review. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel so I can resolve these problems. We certainly do appreciate your loyalty as an IHG member. I am the Guest Experience Champion for our property. I would like to give you another opportunity to stay with us with a better experience. I will ensure this to you.
Mpaskett@Higrandmt.com

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is an OK Hotel. The staff was great and very helpful.
The Hotel is a little like a maze trying to find your way around.
The hallways could use some updating and some cleaning.
My room was clean except for behind the bathroom door.
The restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: if you are going to use the Casino or Restaurant I would ask for a room in the tower or close to fro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mike P, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hi Cheri Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently doing more cleaning around the building. Your feedback gives us direction of areas in need. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. I am please and happy to read you were able to enjoy our on site Steak House. I am also very pleased to see our staff was friendly and treated you great. On your next trip to Billings, feel free to stop in and say hello.
Thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My room was a disappointment. There was a banana peal and empty plastic bottle behind the nightstand and I'm certain the carpet hadn't been vacuumed. There also were no microwave or refrigerator. The friendly staff was the only thing that made this stay pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014
Jason B, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hi mtngrl76.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your last stay. I sincerely apologize for the room not being clean completely. I will be sure to follow up with our House Keeping Department. I am pleased and Happy to read our staff made your stay. Your feedback is so valuable to help ensure we are giving 100% to each and every guest. On your next trip to Billings, I hope we have a 2nd chance to serve your accommodation needs.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Nice hotel, make sure you stay in the tower part! The glass elevator is always a hit! Room was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Only down side is not fridges in the rooms, this was an inconvenience because we stayed for 2 nights. Overall a good stay, beds where comfy and the linens seemed new and not to worn. In the lobby the poinsettias are kind of strange looking in April as they are a flower typically used around Christmas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hi casual_travel2013.
Thank you for your positive review. I am pleased to read you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Atrium elevators are always a fun thing for some. They are conveniently located for rooms in out tower. I am also pleased to read you were able to enjoy a clean and comfortable room. We do offer Microwaves and Refrigerators up availability. We have recently replaced the flowers in out atrium to fit the new season. Feel free to stop in and say Hello on your next trip to Billings.
Jason

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Checkin was quick and easy. Desk staff were very friendly. I had a corner room and had two windows and a nice view. The bed was too soft, no matter which side I tried, so sleep wasn't comfortable. The room was clean and smelled good. Temperature control was good. Meeting rooms were not insulated from sound well enough. We had a LOT of noise from a neighboring group. Staff were responsive to requests. Thanks to the all!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello tasconista,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am pleased to read you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the lack of sleep. I am happy to see our staff was able to attend to your needs with the noise for your meeting room. I will make sure to let all of our departments know how great they did and the awesome service. Your feedback is very valuable.
Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked this hotel on hotwire, so we didn't really choose this hotel ourselves. And after looking at all the negative reviews, I was kind of concerned as to what we had gotten ourselves into. Seriously... I don't understand what every ones problem is. First of all, the hotel is very conveniently located. We were in town so I could go wedding dress shopping. So David's Bridal was right there. Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse... just a ton of great restaurants all within a couple miles. Walmart is up on 24th, so is the mall. There's PetSmart, and Best Buy, Costco. Pretty much everything you could be needing. So location was great. Now cleanliness was pretty good until I found some pop stains in the ice bucket. But other than that, everything was clean. The towels and sheets had no stains or anything. They have numerous exits so we could park very close to our room, which was nice since we were traveling with a dog. Which BTW... we got in for free since we signed up for their rewards card. I thought the lobby was gorgeous... a bit dated, but I like that kind of thing....still very classy. The pool area is clean and well maintained. We didn't go for breakfast though, so I cant comment. There is some hallway noise, but what do you expect? But I'd defiantly stay there again. In fact we did... we ended up extending our stay. Which was no problem, did it on hotwire, and didn't have to check our or anything weird. Overall I think its a great place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelcosmolady
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi PugsAreHunans2,
I would like to thank you for this great review. Very pleased to see you were able to see some reviews and boo with us. We are located in a great part of town for all of those stores close. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay at our property and the service provided. On your next trip to Billings feel free to stop and say Hello.
Jason