“PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Big Timber, Montana
“PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

During the recent (7-12-2011) oil spill and Big Sky State games this lovely (sarcasm) hotel not only gouged its customers they also stole from me. I know it is a long post but please read the entire review. PLEASE NEVER STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called at 10:30pm on Tuesday night to see if they had any rooms. The lady that answered the phone said they had two rooms available and the price was $189.00 per night. To be honest I had to ask the lady if it indeed was an Econolodge that I had called. She then said "listen, the lobby is full of people and these are the only two rooms left, do you want them or not?" I said "Yes". We arrived at the property at around 11:00pm. The hotel is in a very "shady" area in my opinion. When I walked into the lobby there was a guy sitting outside of the hotel and he said the girls inside are waiting for us. I asked him if the rooms were nice and he said "Yes, very nice." I also asked him if he worked there and he said "Yes.". When I was checking in another man walked in and asked if they had any rooms. The other girl at the front desk told him "Yes, $169.00 per night". I said "Wow, that $20.00 less them what they are charging me." I thought I got the last two rooms?????? After this guy leaves another guy comes down stairs had was upset because they raised his rate $15.00 per night. His total was around $85.00, a steal at what I had been quoted. After checking into the motel they gave me my card. I went and parked my truck in the back of the parking lot. For the record I did not feel comfortable leaving my vehicle parked there over night. I went to my room. Upon entering the the worst smell I have ever smelled burned my nostrils and made my eyes water. The carpet had huge stains all over and the walls were patched with wall paper (real classy!). I went back down to the office to tell them I was not going to stay in a room that was so disgusting and that I wanted my money back. In comes the guy sitting out side, you remember the one I said worked there. Turns out he is the Manager. We explains to me that it was way past the cancellation time and he had to choice but to charge me for the room. I told him I would dispute the charge with my credit card company. So to summarize, if you chose to stay at this motel (please don't) check your room first. The G.M. Khan (artist) basically charged me $204.00 to open the door, determine that the room was disgusting then ask for my money back. There is a Motel 6 right across the street please stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank Tired_Traveler_2011
hojo406, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Thank you for your review. I invite you back to our hotel to see the improvements we have made. I am unsure as to why you did not feel safe in our parking lot, for the hotel is in a great location in Billings with a very well lit parking lot. We do offer a 24 hour staff as well as a Security Officer overnight. The cleanliness of our hotel is our top priority and have been addressed with our housekeeping staff and all of your concerns have been corrected.
Room Costs are subject to changed based upon availability, room type, number of persons, as well as length of stay. We do offer discounts to our guests who stay long term with us and prices for rooms are higher for suites and special events.
Thanks again and I invite you back to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Logan, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

This place is a DUMP! The price for our one night stay was more than twice the quoted rate and we had no other options as all motels were sold out. The ceiling tile above the shower head were stained and dripping rust colored drops. There was a very loud party at the pool directly outside our room until past 1am and dispite several complaints the staff did NOTHING!! The breakfast bar area was filthy - the heath department would have had a fit. The mananger was extremely rude and unwilling to do anything in the way of rate adjustment. Stay away from this property.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Father2two
Thank you for your comments. We do 100% guarantee the quoted price of each and every one of our rooms. Upon check in, there is a registration card with the price the room that all our guests agree to and sign before issuing a key for the room. If there is any discrepancies, it is our job to resolve it upon check in. Our outdoor heated pool is open until 10:30 p.m. Our staff would not have been able to do anything at 1 a.m. for there was noone in the area for the pool is gated and locked at 10:30 pm. We have taken your concerns on the breakfast bar seriously for cleanliness is our top priority. I do invite you back to our hotel to see the improvements we have made and please accept our sincerest apologies.
Thanks again.

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed one night on business and checked out immediately the next day. They had charged me over $700.00 - the cost of my original booked stay. They say they can't change it in their computer the manager has to do it. They said they will email my corrected bill - this the second day and I haven't seen it yet. I called last night and they said they will mail it today. Anyway, room was okay clean but dark and under illuminated and the carpet didn't look clean. Redeeming value was the very friendly staff - but the didn't seem to know how to use their computer. One said I was booked in wrong and the other says she can't make the correction - meanwhile looks like I'm still out $600.00 or 700.00 I don't owe. I'll probably get the money back but it shouldn't be this hard. I say avoid this place for sure.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bringstheeagle
We appreciate your comments. Our staff does strive for 100% customer satisfaction. Upon check in, as per your request and reservations, the charges were "authorized" for the entire stay. Upon check out, the sale was closed and all additonal funds were returned to your card. We have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance staff and invite you back to our hotel to see the improvements.
Thank you.
missoula, mt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Easily accessible, close to King St exit off interstate. Lots of other motels in area, but this was least expensive. About on par with Motel 6. 2 beds, small table, smallish room. Nothing luxurious about it, but adequate. Clerks very friendly and helpful when toilet clogged. Breakfast free; all carbs with addition of peanut butter for the toast. make your own waffles (good), bagels and English muffins, little cake doughnuts, 3 cereals, instant oatmeal. Really good OJ and coffee, real milk. I prefer to spend my $ on activities and gas, so fancy accomodations not important. OK for 1-2 nights. My room had 2 exits; one to parking right out the door, other to interior hallway. Computer in lobby, free WIFI in room. Beds firm, several pillows on each bed. Brought extra towels. Small shampoos, etc provided. Also had fridge, microwave, ironing board, iron, hairdryer, hottub, outdoor pool (not filled due to early season).

Room Tip: No rooms have great views due to location of motel
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bigsky55
Kim W, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Thank you for your comment!
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

This was the most awesome stay I have ever experienced. The staff was incredible and helped ease my mind from my broken nose. I have never felt more at home

Koettner

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Kim W, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Thank you for posting your comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

The hotel fulfils all the basic needs. The room is comfortable and clean with parking place right in front of the room. Breakfast is fine. The location is far from attractive. The hotel is surrounded by anonymous shed-like buildings and is situated close to a busy highway.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kim W, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Thank you for your comment!
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

Convenient location was easy to find. Staff friendly and helpful. Homey lobby with comfortable furniture and a computer. Parking was ten feet from my front door so unloading was a snap. The room was clean, well put together and the bed was great. Good TV, dorm sized refridgerator, microwave and better than normal coffee. Good free breakfast. It was a great value; and charged no extra for my two dogs. Will definately stay there again.

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple