Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleantruck parkingcontinental breakfasthot tublaundry facilitiesenjoyed our staythe staff was friendly and helpfulnice staywould stay againmicrowavemtpet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We were able to enjoy the Econo Lodge in Billings, MT the night of Sat. Jan. 19, 2013. Upon checking in the attendant was very kind and personable. The next morning - after waking from a WONDERFUL sleep on the nicest mattress EVER - we enjoyed a very fine (more than) continental breakfast. Not only was our room clean - but ALL of the facilites were. Thank you for an enjoyable stay. ~ Michele D

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Michelle D,
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor. I appreciate you spending the time to publish your comments about the hotel and will be sharing this with the hotel staff. Your comments let us know that all of our hard work is showing. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Stacy M

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I phoned for a reservation several days in advance, and gave a credit card number to hold the reservation. On the day I arrived, they could not find the reservation in my name. However, I did have a confirmation number, which I produced, and I was checked in without additional discussion. Two weeks later, I noticed on my credit card statement that I had been charged twice! The first charge was for the day I made the reservation, and the second charge was for several days later, on the day I actually stayed. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager. She would not listen to reason. She just insisted I was a no-show for the first charge, and that I had had the 24 hour cancellation policy adequately explained to me. No amount of trying to explain to her that there had been a mistake (perhaps a keystroke error?) in the booking process would dissuade her. I pointed out that the clerk who actually checked me in several days later, when I actually did spend the night, didn't question the date discrepancy when I had produced the confirmation number. Didn't that clerk notice the date discrepancy? Why didn't the clerk say something? The manager stated that she herself had made the reservation when I called, that she knows exactly what she says to people on the phone, that she would not have made a mistake, and that mistake had to have been mine. She would not credit that money back to me. When I told her I would never stay there again and planned to contact Corporate about it, she told me I was free to do so. My experience trying to work with Choice Hotels Corporate was no better. I spent an hour on the phone trying to get someone to talk to me. After being put on interminable hold numerous times, being cut off several times, and even being transferred to a Comfort Inn site manager in a state on the opposite side of the USA, I gave up hope of resolving the problem by phone, and filed a complaint on Corporate website. I got an e-mail confirmation stating they would research the problem and reply to me within 72 hours, which they did NOT do. I just couldn't afford to lose $80 at the hand of an unreasonable hotel manager, so I had no recourse but to contact my credit card company. They gave me a permanent credit on my account and told me they would be contacting Choice Hotels Corporate to recover the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Carilee S
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear C.S.
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. As we discussed on the phone, I explained the 24 hour cancellation notice and also explained the details concerning your reservation being made and the dates and times that the reservation was made. We strictly enforce a 24 hour cancellation for guests in order to have rooms available for guests. I apologize for the misunderstanding on your reservation. With you providing the confirmation number for the no show reservation guests are given all of the details concerning their reservation once the reservation is confirmed and guests are also instructed on the 24 hour cancellation policy on our website and also on the phone when the reservation is made. Once again I apologize and hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I cannot say enough good things about the Econo Lodge in Billings, MT! We have stayed there 3 times between Thanksgiving & mid-December. I had never stayed at an Econo Lodge before, but while traveling 900 of 1600 miles with a child & a very ill old dog, I was exhausted, it was late, and their sign said "Pet Friendly." They are VERY easy to get to off I-90, and the desk clerk (Pamela) was so so sweet. She gave us the choice of room that worked best for the poor old dog (ground level, exterior & interior access, near the grassy area), even though they were renovating on that hallway and would have preferred us to take a newer, pet-friendly room upstairs. The breakfast was great, the laundry convenient, and the house-keeping staff was uber-accomodating. We liked it so much that we stayed there on the way BACK the next week, and that late-night desk clerk (Chyna) was equally helpful and even gave us our same room so that the blind, deaf, geriatric dog would be more at home! So of course, on our last trip of the move a couple of weeks later, with 2 dogs in the room (and 4 cats, an invertebrate habitat & 2 goldfish in the vehicle), we stayed there AGAIN! Our original desk clerk was "on" when I called from about an hour out, and she remembered us - making us feel very special! Back into our same, familiar room - animals happy, kiddo happy, mama happy. Econo Lodge in Billings, MT, is clean, friendly, accomodating - everything I could have hoped for! And the price was great - they even gave me a discount that I saw on my phone but hadn't printed on paper from the computer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west end, first level, are GREAT for dogs!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie W
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Again we enjoyed our stay for 5 days at the Econolodge in Billings. This is a great place for the money and a good continental breakfast. The desk is always friendly and accomodating. They are currently updating the place with a nice look inside but did not interfere with our stay at all over Thanksgiving. Thank you again-- (although would still enjoy yogurt with the breakfast so I don't need to bring my own... BUT the microwave & small frig in the room was GREAT!!!)

Room Tip: we always stay on the upper floor to avoid walking above noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rita w
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Dear Rita W.,
Thank you for your comments concerning your most recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel staff and we appreciate you and your business. Thanks to customers like you we continue to strive to improve our hotel to better serve our guests and your comments let us know that what we are doing is working. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

While the front desk staff was friendly, and the room was clean, the internet didn't work, the air conditioning did not work, there was no paper in the rest room, and the office charged me for a second day a week after I checked out. For which they refuse to issue a refund because they say I made a reservation to stay there instead of St Louis where I was.

Room Tip: pay cash so they can't double charge you
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rollin18whlr
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Rollin18shlr,
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with the internet and payment methods. We attempt to maintain the Wi-Fi and usually it is just a phone call to fix this problem. I am not sure what happened during your most recent stay but I have further educated staff to avoid this problem in the future. We do have a 24 hour cancellation policy for any reservation and I apologize that there was some miscommunication during this process. We do not do reservations for other choice hotels thru our computer system and I am unsure how a reservation was made to another hotel in a different state. I would encourage you to call the property you make a reservation with and confirm the reservation with your confirmation number to avoid this in the future. Once again I would like to see you in the future. Thank you for your time and I appreciate your feed back.