“AVOID THIS HOTEL. Highway robbery!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Arrived late in the night because we couldn't find an available room at Best Western or other favorite hotels. The lobby was the first warning sign - very smelly. There was no elevator so our family had to carry all bags up the stairs through the hotel, desperate to get sleep. Our room stunk badly, the carpet had filthy spots everywhere so had to wear shoes, door lock hardly worked, alarm clock was covered in grimy finger marks, washcloths had stains. Our family was grossed out by this room!! Couldn't wait to leave and skipped the bad continental breakfast. I tried to get a better rate at the desk, after paying $116 when we arrived I found a rate for same hotel online at $89, but the rude lady at the front desk refused to meet that rate even though the room was in terrible shape. It's highway robbery here! It appears their main customers are construction workers and lone men. Didn't see a single family in the morning. I would avoid this hotel even if it's your last resort. Keep on looking!

1  Thank Kelly B
EconoLodgeBillings, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Kelly B ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Rates during the traveling season fluctuate with events in and around the area. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your rate at the time of check in.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very good staff, and a super clean place to stay. Well worth the money. as;dfkhfgiuheptghegiuahefiuahfiahrfiuhaiuhaiuieuh;ih;dh;kdh;khd;kh;khd;kha;dskha;kh;kdh;akh;akh;kadh;kjdhf;khd;kahdg;ahfgp;aihd;iahdsf;kahdfs;kajsdhf;kadfh

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodgeBillings, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear David V,

Guest Services Manager
Econolodge
1-406-252-2700

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Had a reservation at this place for a couple rooms starting July 13 for a week...had a bad experience here before and noticed on trip advisor that management had changed. Called them and talked a few times to a young man who was related to the owner and got a rate I could live with! Since I have two small dogs I had to be picky about my rooms, but it was fine-he gave me confirmation numbers and even room numbers!! I still have the paperwork!!!! They rented out the rooms I was supposed to get and their policy is to not move anyone that's already checked in! My problem was I needed connecting rooms and that was the deal. Do not count on a reservation to be held for you, the manager said she was sorry but Austed wouldn't even speak to me! This reservation took about 7 or 8 phone calls so it wasn't something just done casually. I stayed somewhere else that I didn't even call ahead! I won't try Econolodge here again unless ownership changes. This caused me so much stress and at the time it was almost 100 degrees outside! Was looking forward to a cool room waiting for us but no......just beware.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alboise1
EconoLodgeBillings, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor as our guests' feedback is very important to us. Here at the Econo Lodge, we are not independently, as we are owned by a corporate company. Also, I can assure you that, our front desk agent, Asad, was never addressed about the situation. We apologize for the frustrations that were caused to you and hope you do choose to stay with us again.

Shawna Smith

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We paid 239.00 plus tax to stay in the ONLY place left in Billings Montana for the week end, NEVER again will we stay there ! ! ! The price was Way too high for the Nasty rooms, the rooms stink, the carpet is so Nasty that I wouldn't take my shoes off, the light in the Bathroom didn't work, the toilet seat was broke and pinched, the shower head comes off under pressure. It was just a Rat Hole. The front dest girl was RUDE

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marilyn R
EconoLodgeBillings, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Marilyn R,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize to you regarding your stay with us. I have brought your concerns to my maintenance and housekeeping staff and personally went and checked the room that you stayed in. I did find that the toilet seat was in need of repair and have had it changed, however the carpet and plumbing as well as all of the other issues you spoke of are in good sanitary operating condition. Again, thank you for your review and travel safely!

Econo Lodge Billings Montana

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms were scarce due to many activities in Billings in July 2014 this room should have cost $100 they charged us $219 because there were very few rooms left in town. The room was average with a good mattress and pillows, I got a good nights sleep. The they had a nice continental breakfast. I would never stay there again because they really gave us the shaft on the price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary S
EconoLodgeBillings, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Gary S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Tripadvisor review. During the traveling season our rates do increase. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the price of your room, but pleased to hear that you did enjoy a good night's sleep. Here at Econo Lodge guest comfort and satisfaction are at the utmost importance. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just passing through Billings on a cross country roadtrip we stayed at the Billings Econolodge. The rooms are spartan but have everything you would expect from an Econolodge, nothing more nothing less. We got a room on the first floor with two queen beds that opened into the interior hallway and also had its own door to to the parking lot. This was a plus. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. Service was efficient at the front desk. Our stay was good. Would stay again in Billings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodgeBillings, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Here at Econo Lodge we are always pleased to hear that each and every guest has enjoyed their stay with us. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Econo Lodge

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We booked Econo Lodge in Billings online, requesting a first floor room. (One of us has a bad foot.) When we got there, they attempted to put us in a 2nd floor room. We had to argue a little to get the first floor room. The room itself was very clean, ready for us, plenty of space, and the first motel we've ever stayed at that had a door on the outside AND to an inside hallway. Request for another pillow was met quickly. The outdoor pool was a bit cool (not surprising due to weather) but good for a dunk, while the indoor spa was a nice soak. Pool/spa towels were readily available. Food was either a good walk or you had to drive, though. We had no real complaints about this Econo Lodge except for the floor request issue.

Room Tip: On the back you have freeway noise, but on first floor you have both outdoor and indoor access.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DonnaR57,

Thank you so mush for taking the time to write your review for us here at the Econo Lodge! I am pleased to hear that you were quickly accommodated and that we provided you with a pleasurable stay. Guest service and satisfaction are the most important parts of the services we provide and our entire team strives to meet and exceed guest needs and expectations. We hope to see again in the future, and until then please travel safely.