“Great Property!!”
Review of Super 8 Billings

Super 8 Billings
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This is an older hotel, but has stood the test of time!!!Sure there are carpet issues and the like but overall, was a very pleasant stay in billings!!The staff at the front desk are great and very helpfull.The night guy even helped us with our luggage all the way to our room!!
Restuarants and casino and bars are very close.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family!!

Room Tip: 1st floor seems to be the coolest in the building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
BillingsSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Hello Great Property - Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. It is refreshing to hear a note of appreciation in a place where some go to voice their concerns. Inasmuch as you enjoyed your stay with us you haven't seen anything yet! Upgrades and improvements scheduled for the upcoming off season will make us an even better choice for your lodging requirements. Thank you again - General Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2012

The main problem we had was finding a quick and cheap place to stay with three dogs while we were moving across country. This place had enough room for the moving van to park and the dogs; crates in the room. The beds were OK. The halls smell fusty and smokers hang right outside the back door. The luggage carts and parking situation were substandard for us old ladies.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Redbirdie

Hello Good for Sleeping,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments. We appreciate hearing about you concerns regarding our hallways and entrances. We make every attempt to ensure fresh, clean air throuout the building. We attempt to discourage smokers near the hotel entrances. A new luggage cart will become available. We are pleased to have been here when you needed a pet friendly hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Thank you again - General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
WINNIPEG
Reviewed 23 August 2012

the room stunk like an ashtray, the carpet was black and filthy and the walls dirty and i have no idea why u are having me fill out this crap right now to 100 words because u said this was only gonna take a minute ?

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BillingsSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

We apologize for your unfortunate experience at Billings Super 8. We have a regimen of weekly carpet cleaning. We are currently replacing carpets and upgrading the property. For the moment we are still smoker friendly in just one area of the building but make every effort to keep the air fresh and clean everywhere. We trust that you had a good nights rest in one of our new beds and enjoyed your Super Start breakfast in the morning. We're making multiple improvements while offering some of the best rates in Billings. Once again, we apologize for your experience. - General Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We wanted a room with a king size bed, told they don't offer king size. Got the extra small queen, with springs made during WWII. Almost all of the people were rude, tried to get two extra pillows and were told no. These pillows are the size of a shoe box, and as hard as a brick. The only good person we could find, was a gentleman named Robert. The "breakfast" consisted of toast, bagel, and cereal, coffee, and two juices. Front desk staff was busy playing on the computer, never had time to talk. DO NOT STAY HERE!! YOU WILL REGRET YOUR CHOICE!! If you do go enjoy the filthy carpets, filthy furniture, horrid little bathrooms, and bugs. I do not kid, this is all true.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian J
BillingsSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Yes, we do have king sized beds available in our 7 suites and all the rest of our beds are standard queens. I'll be certain to pass your kind words on to Robert. Our Super Start breakfast is Super 8 standardized. I'm sorry you missed the mini muffins, waffles, fresh fruit and bagels with cream cheese. We make a point of never running out. We'll bring your comments to the attention of front desk staff who consistently score well in Wyndham reviews. We do apologize for the carpets. Until we replace them next year they are not our very best asset. While it's true the bathrooms are economy sized I trust you found yours sparkling clean. We contract with a nationally recognized pest control company who inspects our facility monthly but we regret if you found any bugs.
Thanks again for your valuable time providing this feedback. It helps us get better every day and provide for the very best guest experience. - General Manager

I would take pleasure in
welcoming you back after our refurbishment is completed in February
so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be. Please feel
free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling
to Brisbane again so that I may personally take care of you and your next
stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that
the remainder of your trip to Australia and New Zealand was
most enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Filthy, stinky hotel room with dirty sheets and stains all over the floor. Reeked of urine and dog. Thankfully I had lysol spray in the car so was a able to make it livable for one night. I will be visiting Billings frequently over the next year and for the insanely high cost of this hotel will happily stay at a much nicer one.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bookangel12
BillingsSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

We apologize for your recent experience at Billings Super 8. For the moment we are still pet and smoker friendly. We make every effort to apply extra attention to rooms where pets have been present. We regret that you were also dissatisfied with our summer rates but like most hotels this is a seasonal norm. Your review goes next to our executive committee for action and we appreciate the feedback. Hundreds of guests stay with us every night and once again, we apologize that your experience was not as pleasant the comments we usually hear at the point of checkout. - General Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I agreed with some of the previous reviews, this motel is HORRIBLE! My friend booked it via priceline, alright, he was given one queen bed only for two adults/two kids and he was told that all online booking would have only one bed. I was lucky to call before to get an extra bed. Once walking into the room, it is super smelly, called front desk, being told there is NOTHING they can do about it, just because the other half side of the second floor are smoking rooms, then all non-smoking room are smelly! What kind of management they have! The blanket on the bed was having a big burning hole there that is very disgusting. The only thing I am happy is it is relatively quieter than rooms in other hotel during night. But the bedding are very very old and wornout. Breakfast room is very small and dirty! Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cocolele
BillingsSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

We apologize for your unfortunate experience recently. Yes, for the moment we still accomodate smokers and pets but make every effort with deep cleans and shampoo to provide a fresh air experience for everyone. Online reservations through a third party are an economical approach but results are not always as certain as booking directly to the property. Our breakfast area is usually immaculate with a thorough attendant every day but again, we apologize for your exception. We enjoy the company of roughly 6000 guests every month and regret that you are not among most who are fully satisfied with Billings Super 8.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Seriously, this is one of the worst hotels EVER!
You should know we're staying in hotels until we find a residence. Cost is of upmost importance.
First, they lost my reservation. Then, instead of just asking me if they could get me a room, they had me look up my reservation on line. When I couldn't find it, they then offered me a room.
The room is FILTHY FILTHY FILTHY! I'm completely floored at how horrific it is. The coffee pot had to be fully cleaned by ME, as there were coffee grounds and dried up coffee in it. The room is beyond description... stained comfortors, stained floors, stained walls, mold in the shower, pee on the floor no ironing board, and the iron has something on it that I didn't notice until it got on my clothes. I'm not exaggerating in the least. I used to clean rooms, and I was horrified.
The first day, we left for over 4 hours, and made a point to let the housekeepers know. When we came back, they were all on break, and I had to clean my own room.
The breakfast is just plain gross. There were rotton apples in the bowl, and it was the absolute bare minimum you can offer, and still say you have breakfast.
The walls are so thin, I can hear the wake-up calls for the other rooms. For some reason, our room is abnormally hot. I will say the a/c works well, but, yes, it's filthy. My allergies have been acting up the whole time. Right now, we have no where else to go. I'm currently shopping other hotels in Billings. Seriously, ANYTHING would be better, like my CAR.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Tammie T
BillingsSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Hello Tammie T,

We apologize for your unfortunate experience recently at our hotel. Reservations are rarely lost but we regret if yours was the exception. Normally every one of our rooms is cleaned to perfection and insepected by senior staff before releasing for rent. We are sorry that you found yours anything less. We have reviewed your comments in executive committee and take seriously all comments for continuous process improvement. Again, we regret that your experience was less than you expected and invite you to stay with us again.

Thank you.