“Recently remodeled?”

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Bigfork, MT
“Recently remodeled?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed at this property a couple years ago and it is much nicer now. Everything has been remodeled. I was impressed that the workout room was also re-done. I find that the workout/fitness rooms often seem neglected and poorly maintained in many motels. In this case, there is brand new equipment and the room has been recently redecorated. The smell of rubber is very strong due to the new equipment and new rubber mats, but this is a small price to pay to have decent equipment to work out on. I liked the selection at breakfast-definitely an above average free breakfast. This property is right next to the highway and there are many restaurants and stores (Costco, etc) within five minutes and a Denny's is across the parking lot.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cody, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here Feb 2012. While it's not like other Marriotts I've stayed in in bigger cities, it was decent and looked recently remodeled. The location is right next to the freeway, and I did hear a train once or twice in the night, but it was preferable to the Super 8 I'd stayed in last time. The free breakfast offerings were nicer, too. There were breakfast sandwiches (sausage, egg, cheese), breakfast burritos, the standard "you-make-'em" waffles, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit, etc. We had a nice stay and would likely choose this location again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor; it was fairly quiet except for the occasional traffic from I-90.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WesternBusinesswoman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel is very clean and the recent remodel is really nice with very appealing colors. The pool is warm.. Which is amazing because the last 5 hotels we've stayed at have been to cold to swim. They gave us a pack n play and it came with a sheet that covers the bottom and all 4 sides which makes me feel better about my baby sleeping in it. The breakfast had a decent amout of options.. good enough for us! Lobby and breakfast areas are beautiful and clean! staff was friendly and helpful.. Had a great stay!

• Stayed February 2012
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year and was very unimpressed by it. It did not have that "Marriott quality" I expect from a Marriott hotel. However, because of price and location (and being a Marriott rewards member) and knowing it had been renovated, I tried it again last week. Wow--it's a whole different place. The lobby and breakfast area look great. The rooms have been freshened with new decor. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly. Breakfast has great options. Did not notice or hear a nearby railroad. Now it's a typical Marriott!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MontanaKim
canadian, ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Second time at this property, this time I've stayed going on three weeks. Love this place, the rooms are very nice, newly renovated. The king suites have microwaves and mini-fridge for when your tired of eating out. Location is close to many great restaurants. yes it is by train track, but not once did I notice or seem bothered by train. I used the work out room and the laundry, everything is in excellent shape and works great. So many times I find the workout equipment or laundry facility very lacking, but not at this facility, very impressed. Staff treats me like a old friend, call me by name and always greets me, I find this pleasing since I rarely see my friends or family.

Room Tip: King Suites are the best.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Only stayed for one night while passing through. Hotel is clean and new. Room was a good size, and beds were nice and comfortable. Slept well.

Breakfast is reasonably good, and left well fed.

Yes it is close to the train track, and yes you will hear the train, but t didn't bother us.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

While normally this hotel may be fine, we were there during some renovations. Our room was not being worked on, but as I walked theough the hall to the exit, I was nearly overcome by the odor of the chemicals being used. Apparently aware this was a problem, our room had been doused in a spicy scent to cover up the chemical odor. The fragrance was worse for my allergies than the chemicals. Despite the overabundance of chemicals, cleansers had not been applied to the bathtub, which contained a number of haira belomging to someone other than the current occupants.

Even when the renovations are finished, don't expect a good night's sleep. The hotel is next to train tracks, and trains are still running at midnight and are quite loud.

When we made our reservations, no mention was made of the remodeling issue or the proximity to the train tracks.

I mut, however, rate thehotel as a goodvalue as we stayed there free based on points. It was worth what we paid for it and no more.

• Stayed October 2011
ffisgmbillings, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
In regards to the review written regarding "Toxic Hotel", I would like to say that yes, during renovations there were fumes in the hotel. These were due to the glues, paint, and sealants that were being used. We do not use cleaners that have any odor due to any guests that may have allergies to odors. I am not sure what "spicy smell" they encountered.

In regard to the train tracks, we do have tracks at the south end of the hotel. We are in a quiet zone so no whistles are blown in this area, yet one can hear the train come through at various times. Some guests find this to be siturbing, others have stated that the noise is soothing. I believe this is a matter of personal opinion.

Siri Baker, GM