“Great customer service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Billings
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is a pretty solid hotel, I have stayed at 3 hotels in Billings thus far(the Comfort Inn, Quality Inn and Fairfield Inn) and out of those three I suppose I liked the Fairfield best of all. The only thing I was really missing in my room was a microwave and fridge, had my room had those it would have been the easy winner of the three.

The hotel has been recently renovated and everything was fresh,modern and in good working order. My room was a double queen and was decent sized, not huge mind you but not claustrophobic either.

The bed was a tad firm but still pretty comfortable, the mattress was a Spring Air Back Supporter Avalon Suite.

Room cleanliness was ok but not spectacular, the tub was the only really bad spot as the housekeeper didn't get all the pubic hair out of the tub...yuck.

As another reviewer mentioned the girl at the front desk, Cassie, was EXCELLENT, very friendly and helpful, the consummate customer service professional for sure.

I didn't use many of the hotel amenities but I did utilize the guest laundry, there is only one set of machines but they worked well and were clean, the price was just $1 per machine which was reasonable I thought.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, for over $100 per night I would have expected to see an in room microwave and fridge, so I thought that price was a bit high for what I got but it's still a pretty nice hotel in a good location.

I'll call this one 3.5 stars overall.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank AlCzervik1
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Billings

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I transferred to the Fairfield Inn from another hotel which had failed to meet certain basic expectations. I was greeted by a Marriott employee who gave me a mini-tour of the amenities that the Fairfield provided. I immediately felt welcome. Throughout my three week stay, the staff continued to be professional, positive, and helpful. Siri Baker (the General Manager) and Cassie (at the front desk - I sadly forgot to ask for a last name) stood out as being especially proficient at their jobs.

The hotel is next to a railroad line. If you are on the southern end of the hotel, you will likely hear the trains rumbling through. It is likely that, no matter where you stay in Billings, you will hear trains regardless, as the city has at least two oft-used rail lines running though. I was informed that the area is a "no horn" zone and, indeed, do not recall having heard any train horns except in the distance. When traveling out of town, I bring a box fan to run while I am sleeping to drown out any other noise that might be heard.

The hotel has been recently remodeled. The lobby is open and comfortable, with a hot breakfast served every morning at 6. The rooms are spacious without being over-large and the rooms are keep in good order by a diligent housekeeping staff. If you like taking a bath, though, you should be aware that the tubs are equipped with a non-slip lining that feels a bit like sandpaper. The hotel features a hot tub on the lobby level, should the baths be too uncomfortable.

Their WiFi internet service is completely reasonable. Computers and printers are available near the lobby. Other facilities include an ice machine, an modest exercise room, a pool, a snack bar and a laundry room. There is only one washer and one dryer currently available, but I only had to wait in any type of line once in the four times I needed to use the machines.

During my stay, renovations were in process to upgrade the 1st floor's Handicap-Accessible rooms. My room was situated directly above the work. Luckily, my schedule didn't conflict with theirs (8AM-5PM) and I heard little noise even when I was in my room during the day.

Throughout then entire stay, Ms. Baker and Cassie remained a positive influence on my experience in Billings. I can honestly say that I will be leaving that "other" hotel's service behind and using Marriott's in the future. If they are all run as nicely as the one in Billings is, I will be a happy customer. In the three weeks I spent working in Billings, the hotel was actually my favorite part of being there.

Room Tip: The rooms on the far side from the train tracks will obviously shelter you from the majority of the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Gary D
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just stayed here last weekend. It's a great hotel, good location, and fairly priced. The staff could be a little more cordial, but it's not big deal. Breakfast was good, and the pool was fun. The exercise room was very good. They have brand new equipment that work very well. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was spacious. Overall, it's a very nice hotel and I would stay here again.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The room was nice enough, but since we were next to the elevator it was smaller than normal. Bed was comfy, room was clean. Shower pressure lacking. Breakfast had betters choices than most and it was convenient to where we needed to be. They did give us extra pillows upon request

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator!
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I can only give this one 2 stars. The bed we (tried) to sleep on for 4 days should have been replaced last year. I understand that Fairfields are the bottom of the Marriott chain, but beds with edges so worn out that you slide off when you sit down are -majorly- over-the-hill & need to be replaced. Everything else about the motel was OK -- but just OK -- nothing outstanding. For the price I expected more.

Room Tip: Noise is an issue -- ask for a room as far away from the railroad tracks as they have.
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed at this property a couple years ago and it is much nicer now. Everything has been remodeled. I was impressed that the workout room was also re-done. I find that the workout/fitness rooms often seem neglected and poorly maintained in many motels. In this case, there is brand new equipment and the room has been recently redecorated. The smell of rubber is very strong due to the new equipment and new rubber mats, but this is a small price to pay to have decent equipment to work out on. I liked the selection at breakfast-definitely an above average free breakfast. This property is right next to the highway and there are many restaurants and stores (Costco, etc) within five minutes and a Denny's is across the parking lot.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here Feb 2012. While it's not like other Marriotts I've stayed in in bigger cities, it was decent and looked recently remodeled. The location is right next to the freeway, and I did hear a train once or twice in the night, but it was preferable to the Super 8 I'd stayed in last time. The free breakfast offerings were nicer, too. There were breakfast sandwiches (sausage, egg, cheese), breakfast burritos, the standard "you-make-'em" waffles, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit, etc. We had a nice stay and would likely choose this location again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor; it was fairly quiet except for the occasional traffic from I-90.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple