“Terrible guest service”

Baymont Inn & Suites Billings
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The A/C clanked all night and did not cool at all. The next day General Manager Chad gave us a new room. He admitted the A/Cs were not working, and that the hotel was replacing them once they became aware they were broken. (Guests have to let the hotel know about broken items?)He gave us a different room, but we soon realized that this A/C was not working either. We talked with Chad again, but he just told us that it takes time. We felt like he didn't take us seriously. He finally agreed to have Maintenance take a look. Upon entering the room, Maintenance said the room was hot and the A/C wasn’t working at all. He admitted that he should probably go buy another one, but instead, he said he'd change our A/C with the one in the hallway. (The hallway became noticeably warmer.) That evening the smoke alarm in our room started beeping. We requested a new battery. Chad took the alarm down, LICKED the battery, and then put it back on the ceiling. He hadn’t even come prepared with a new battery! He said that it should be fine and then left. Well, at 5:00 the next morning it started beeping again. My husband took the alarm down to the front desk. No one apologized for any of this. After getting nowhere by talking with Chad face-to-face, or trying to contact the owner ourselves, we filed an on-line complaint with Choice Privileges. Over the past six weeks, we followed this up with phone calls to Guest Relations. Each time we were assured that Chad and/or the owner would be contacting us. To date, we have received no communication in any form nor have we received the promised 50% refund. We will never stay in this hotel again nor will we recommend it to anyone. The facilities are run-down and not maintained and their guest service is atrocious. Good luck if you choose this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcbwien
Chad D, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Jcbwien,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor! As I expressed in our previous discussion last month I'm very sorry for the issues you experienced while you were staying here. It did turn out that the thermostats in the A/C unit was bad in both rooms you were placed in. I'm pleased that my engineer was able to swap in out promptly with one in the hallway until the next morning when we could buy another unit. Licking the batteries is one way to tell if there is voltage left in it, and by the spark I got the battery was full of it. I did have a back-up in my pocket but the old one was just fine. These dang machines are suppose to help us out but sometimes they set us back. I'm very sorry that they were not preforming for you. Since you have stayed here we have come up with a foolproof plan into checking the A/C units before we rent a room out in hopes to prevent this problem again. Thank you for staying with us, I look forward to serving you again. Next time you stop in we would love to help you out with a discounted rate.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

loved the friendly helpful
staff and close to a lot of restaurants.they offered many discount coupons for dinner and their breakfast was awesome.pool was awesome too.it was quiet clean and like I said the staff was so friendly and helpful I will definitely be coming to this hotel on my next trip to billings

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Justin F,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your time in letting us know how we did. I'm very glad to know how much you enjoyed the hotel! I will share this information with my staff to further improve our service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Billings!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

After checking into hotel and expecting to be able use the pool and Jacuzzi we could do neither because they where either broken or to hot. The room accommodations where absolutely filthy, from the mold in the bathroom to the dirty carpeting. The A/C unit was extremely loud and mattress very cheaply made. Also, need to mention that we had left clothing there by mistake and asked Chad the manager to ship to us asap. After we confirmed with him what articles of clothing was missing, they arrived two weeks later, minus a pair of newly purchased jeans with a value of $100. We contacted him and he said another quest had claimed the jeans and also the employee that was suppose to ship clothing had been let go 2 days previous to our call. I stay at a lot of Choice Hotels and this has to be the worse.

Room Tip: Don't stay there''''''''''''''
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Mrs.Trivett,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. Again as I expressed on the phone I'm so sorry for the confusion. I apologize that I thought we had found your jeans and it turned out they were another guests. When a guest looses a item(s) we try very hard to ensure that we can get the items back to the guest. Did you by chance loose them at another hotel on your trip home, possibly that is why we never came up with them. As far as your room condition this is the first time in all of our conversations that I have heard of these issues. I assure you if I would have known this sooner I would have looked into it further and seen it was fixed or that you were moved to another room. Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your stay. Have a great day!

Comfort Inn Billings MT

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I am so glad we stayed here last night. The place was so clean and it was so quiet. Most of all the staff were awesome from arrival until departure. I mean all staff from the desk clerk Jennifer to the manager who was covering for his night auditor from 11-7. There is a pool which is open from 7 till midnight. There are new washer and dryers in the laundry. I just can't say enough good things about this place. I almost stayed at the Come On Inn two hotels down but my gut instinct told me to keep going.

Room Tip: I was in room 119 which was close to the pool, the laundry room, and the front desk. Once my door wa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Liz532013,

Thank you so much for your stay with us here in Billings and for taking the time to let us know how we did on TripAdvisor! I enjoyed having you in the hotel, and having a early morning coffee break with you ;) I do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel is kind of beat up. The lack of an elevator is a real hassle if you are on the second floor. The rooms are very tight and don't seem super clean. Also the railroad runs right by the location so it is far from quiet. I would try to avoid for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

MGBlaze,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to fill out a survey here on TripAdvisor! I'm sorry that your stay here with us did not meet your expectations. Next time your in town please give us another try, your best bet would be to reserve ahead of time to get the best price, you also can make special requests such as first floor and away from the side of the building that is close to the Railroad. Also please let anyone of my staff know if your room is not satisfactory and we will move you to a different room or see to it that the current room is brought up to standards. Thank you again for your time, and we wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Other than finding a toy car under the bed and a half eaten pie in the fridge, it was a fairly clean room. The staff were nice and helpful. The pool is very small. Its in a good location, not far from restaurants and shopping was just a short drive.

• Stayed: July 2013
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Reba1975,

Thank you for you comment on TripAdvisor, we use these comments to help improve so we can ensure the best stay for our guests. Im sorry to hear about the toy car, and apple pie. I have went over you comment with all of our House Keepers and made sure they understand detail is key. I hope that when you come back through Billings that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my third stay here, the second under the current owner and the first with the new general manager. Now the price was outrageous, but the location in Billings determined that. The bed was the best I've slept in in a hotel for quite awhile. The room was super clean and the staff was superb. The housekeeping department was so helpful as was the front desk. The internet was adequate and the breakfast was a little better than most Comfort Inns. Compared to other properties in Billings in the same price range, this was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Pklerose,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and letting us know how we did on TripAdvisor. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, although you did tell me when you were here at the hotel I’m glad to see again that it was a good stay. We look forward to accommodating you again when you need a place to stay here in Billings!