“Helpful people and good value”

Baymont Inn & Suites Billings
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Despite being across town from the airport, this Comfort Inn offers an airport shuttle. While I wouldn't normally place much emphasis on this, it came in extremely handy when my flight arrivred 2 hours late, after the rental car offices had closed for the night. Their shuttle didn't run that late, but the hotel not only called me a cab, but paid for it as well. The property itself was nice and clean, on par with most other Comfort Inns. Thanks again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Zcolby,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we appreciate your comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We do have the shuttle available at all times of the day, but when it is not we are glad to help get you here and pay for a cab. Our rooms were recently redone, including all new bedding. So we are glad that you though great things about our rooms. We would love to have you stay with us again if you are back in town, if you need help with any future reservations please let us know. We wish you safe travels in the future!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We booked 3 rooms there and the rooms themselves are not bad - typical motel that has old carpet and the bed was not TOO hard, but it was really noisy at night and hotel manager did not respond to our complaint. About 11PM the "neighbor's kids" were still going in and out of the room for GOD-KNOWS-WHY and slamming on the door. Customer Services was terrible!! We lost our valuable (>$2000) there and called back to ask them to look for it, but they kept telling us they didn't have time to look every time we called for at least 6 times!!! We finally got tired and we told them we had filed a police report and we would like them to look for it and hopefully it was simply staying in lost & found or something like that, but as soon as we said POLICE, they got offensive and said they didn't find anything. They did not provide additional help or anything and they did NOT even say that they are sorry!!!

Room Tip: There is nothing you can do to get a good room when the customer service is terrible. This supposedl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Miranda M
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Miranda M,

I'm slightly confused; your original story was that you forgot the item in your room. Once we were unable to find your I-PAD your story changed that it was stolen out of your room. And now here on trip advisor you’re stating that it was once again forgotten in the room. We cannot take responsibility for items being lost in the hotel, as we do not know if it was actually forgotten in the room. We take lost items very seriously, and we want our guests to feel welcome bringing expensive items into the hotel. We have not had incidents like this happen recently, and we have a very strict policy on lost and found items as well as theft. No police report was ever filed, nor did the police come to question me or my staff. I have contacted the police myself and filed a report, and they have no record or a file being reported. All my staff were questioned and it appears that it was never found in the room. We did apologize multiple times about the situation, however we also spoke to 3 different people about this so maybe we did not mention this to you. But I want you to know we are sorry that you lost your item in the hotel and that it cannot be found. Did you also lose something else in the room, I'm just confused on how a lost I-PAD values out at more than $2,000.00? In this day and age I think your racist comments on your Room Tips are a little absurd, especially when the owners of this hotel are Untied States citizens. If you can get the story straight between all the parties in your group please feel free to contact us so we can help you further with this serious situation.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

When I made a reservation by phone I told the clerk, Jeremiah, that we were two senior citizens and a dog. He said the price would be $119.00 . I asked if this included the pet charge of $20.00 and he said yes. I received my visa bill with two charges. One for $119 for the room and another for $20.00 for the dog. When I called to complain the manager
said I had signed a paper saying I would pay $20 for
the dog and refused to adjust the charges. I was lied to and can not give this motel a good rating.

Stayed: October 2013
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Betty V,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor, we really appreciate all of our guests feedback. While i cannot accurately quote what the front desk agent may have told you, your paper work states the rates that you had accepted. Your registration states that the rate is 119.00, plus an additional $20.00 for the extra cleaning we must do for all pet rooms. That rates are clearly printed and to complete check in we even have guest initial beside the rate so their is no confusion. I'm sorry that you were under the impression that we had lied to you and i we were at fault i would have been more than happy to make this right for you. Please email me at gm.mt032@choicehotels.com if you need help with anything else, and maybe i can so something for you when you stay with us again. Please let us know if you need any help with future reservations. We wish you safe travels in the future!!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Reservations were made through United Airlines as we were re-routed due to weather in Denver and had to travel to Bilings versus our destination of Bozeman. I was told reservations were all set and the hotel would accept the airline voucher as payment. When calling for the shuttle the gentleman working at the time had no idea about the reservation or how payment would be handled with the airline voucher despite it being a credit card transaction. Had to give name and address three times. Shuttle driver was excellent -- friendly, accomodating and seling all the features of the hotel from the good breakfast and beds. Breakfast was just OK. If you are minute late you are too late. While waiting for the waffle machine the other items were either locked up or taken away. Room was clean and fresh. Beds very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Tom V,

Thank you so much for your response on your stay with TripAdvisor, we really appreciate it. I'm sorry for the confusion with your united airlines voucher. When they cut those vouchers they do not make the reservation, we hold rooms for them daily but no reservation is made until the guest arrives at the hotel and then the guest must set up the reservation with the voucher. Since your arrival to the hotel a couple weeks back i have gone over the steps, and made sure all front desk agents know how to handle these vouchers. I also apologize that you missed breakfast, there are many days where we keep it open past the advertised time. However if the lobby is empty at 9 we do close it down right at 9, if you would have brought this to our attention we would of been more than happy to bring whatever you would of liked back out. We are glad to hear that you did enjoy our newly purchased beds and bedding. We look forward to seeing you again and improving the way you feel about our hotel. Please let us know if you need any help with reservations in the future. We wish you safe travels in the future!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

When I called the 800 national number for Comfort Inns I was told there were no available rooms for this particular hotel. I decided to call directly and I am thankful I did. Zach answered the phone and was congenial and helpful, assisting me with finding the proper size room and a hide-a-bed. When we arrived, Zach was working the front desk and checked us in quickly. Zach also assured us that we could get a few breakfast items early (0500am) for our younger sons, as their brother had to be to the hospital for surgery at 0530 (the breakfast area didn't open until 0600). The extra bed was not in the room when we got there but as soon as we called, Zach ran it right up to us. The front lobby was clean, there were cookies and hot beverages available. We used the pool and there were clean towels placed conveniently on all of the poolside chairs, with plenty of extra pool towels available. The pool and spa were immaculate. The beds were pillow top and very comfortable and each bed had 4 pillows (2 soft/2 medium). We have to return to Billings again, for my son and we will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

rnmomof7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate it. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We consider Zach to be a great asset to our company, I'm excited that he helped you out and got you exactly what you needed. We strive every day to improve the exsperiance for our guests and are glad that you took advantage of our fresh cookies and drinks. All of our bedding is also newly purchased only 2 months ago, because we know your sleep is the most important part of your stay. If you need any help with future reservations please dont hesitate give us a call. Your a important guest to us here at The Billings Comfort Inn, and we love having you stay with us! We hope all is well with your son that is having to visit the hospital, and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

On arrival the lobby was very welcoming, i don't know what i smelt but it was like fresh apple pie...maybe a air freshener. Staff greeted me the second i opened the door, and offered me cookies and hot chocolate while i waited. Room was clean, as well as the bathroom. The beds even have soft and firm pillows to choose from. The next morning breakfast was great!!!! Scrambled eggs were cooked just right, it seems like most Comfort Inns microwave them, but these were actual cooked eggs. I went out to start my car, because it had snowed the night before, and was soo surprised to see a young man was scrapping off all the car windows. I will return here, and so should you!

Room Tip: Stay here you will love it
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Greg P,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate it. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have been working very hard to ensure our guests are satisfied with their stay. Our snacks at check in, revamping of breakfast, and even the new pillow selection is all part of ensuring guests are comfortable. We are so happy to hear that those newly implemented items are doing exactly what we implemented them for, to make you happy. We know that little things like scrapping windows off when it snows means a lot to our guests, and we are happy to help you with doing it. Please let us know if you need help with future reservations! We hope to see you soon again, and wish you safe travels in the future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A great find in Billings. The room was large and clean, and the beds were comfortable. Chad checked us in quickly and Rusty provided lots of suggestions on sites to see and directions. They also gave each of us a candy bar. Applause to you both! The entire property was immaculate and well maintained including the pool area. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The hotel has two floors and no elevator. We stayed on the second floor and had no difficulty.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Two2FortheRoad,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate it! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially in seeing your credentials and that you are a well-seasoned traveler. I'm also just as glad that my speed while checking you in was sufficient and that Rusty got you the directions you needed. We hope you choose to stay with us again, and that we will see you in the near future. Have a great day and safe travels in the future!