“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Olathe, Kansas
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The desk didn't seem to know what they were doing. I stayed with one pet and was charged the pet fee twice. I noticed this on checkout, asked the desk clerk to correct it, and what he did was to charge me a third time. I don't think he understood the difference between "debit" and "credit". I pointed out he'd charged me for a third time and he assured me he didn't. When I saw the bank statement about a week later he had indeed charged me a third time. I called the Comfort Inn in Billings to straighten it out. I got a guy who said he was the manager, said his name was "Chad", refused to give a last name (!), said he'd issue a credit for one of the extra charges but since I'd signed the registry the first two would stand. He said he's the highest person in the corporation and there was no one else to talk to. Then the next day - GET THIS! - not only did he NOT issue the credit but I was charged a FOURTH pet fee! I've had to notify my bank of fraudulent use and am pursuing it. If this "Chad" had been a half-decent manager I'm sure we could have resolved this amicably, but he was so incompetent and rude he left me little choice. I would NEVER stay here again, NEVER give them a credit card, and I strongly suggest you don't either!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Chad D, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
David L,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we really appreciate it. As we discussed on the phone the pet charge is $20 per pet per nights. The fee is in addition to your room rate. I'm glad you talked to your bank because there is no 3rd or 4th charge to your card, so this must be a issue with your bank. We are sorry that you did not notice the pet fee charges that you signed, however this is the hotel policy that you agreed to. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at the property or email me at gm.mt032@choicehotels.com

District Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cody
Reviewed 8 February 2014

2 years ago we stayed here and there was enough concern we said we'd never come back, but we decided to give COMFORT INN BILLINGS another chance and WOW! What a difference. The District Manager Chad and local staff have such a kind, compelling attitude which makes you feel so welcome and as if you are their only customer! The room was nice; the bed was one of the comfiest yet! We had a great hot breakfast as well as plenty of snacks offered to us the evening before. And to top it off we enjoyed the hot tub, the main reason we decided to stay here again. Location is a plus, near the main street and several good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank Charles and Pau... W
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Charles W,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we really appreciate it! We enjoyed having you and your wife stay with us! We were unaware that you had stayed with us years prior but are so glad to hear that you noticed the improvements that we are working so hard to implement. We hope to see you again soon, and if you need any help with reservations in the future please feel free to give us a call!

Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the comfort inn in billings. Price was very good and the room was clean and no problems.
Checking in was quick and easy, no problems and the front desk person was very nice and seemed to care about my stay, as he called me to see if I needed anything.
The Comfort inn is in a good location and very easy to find from the interstate.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming through Billings.

Room Tip: If you want a comfy room, its worth spending a few more dollars for the suite. large and comfy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Russell Stewart,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we truly appreciate it. We enjoy seeing you every week, and seeing your smiling face when we give you your Butterfinger. We appreciate you choosing to stay with Comfort Inn and how loyal you are to the brand. We will see you next Monday, have a safe trip and be careful out there!

Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed 30 January 2014

What a great hotel. I traveled for business and had to spend an extra night here due to bad weather. Chad at the desk, Robby at the desk, and Michelle in the dining room were terrific. They went out of their way to help. They were the reason that I chose to stay there 2 nights later on my way back from Spokane, WA. I stay at a lot of Comfort Inns in the course of my job, but this was one of the best. Thank You for 2 pleasant stays.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Nancy J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, we truly appreciate it! I'm glad to hear the because of my staff and I that you decided to stay with us again, and that we could make your stay comfortable. It is great to hear that out of multiple Comfort Inns that you thought we were one of the best! Please let us know if you need any help with future reservations if you come back through town! We hope to see you again soon!

Worden, Montana
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I spent overnight at Comfort Inn recuperating from a surgical procedure before going home. I've always liked Comfort Inn and this is why I chose it over the other hotels close by. Chad who ran the front desk, Robert and Jesse were very kind to me and accommodating. I asked for a small fridge and microwave for my room and Chad and housekeeping were on it right away. Service was fast and I really appreciated this! I also enjoyed the refreshment area of the lobby and I liked how it was laid out. Will definitely utilize Comfort Inn again in the future.

Room Tip: For a recuperation stay, rooms closer to the side exit seem quieter and closer to your car rather th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Linda M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we truly appreciate it. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! We love to ensure our guests feel comfortable and at home so it was no problem for us to help you out! We hope to see you soon again, and please let us know if you need any help with reservations in the future! We wish you safe travels in the future.

Boise, Idaho, USA
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Despite being across town from the airport, this Comfort Inn offers an airport shuttle. While I wouldn't normally place much emphasis on this, it came in extremely handy when my flight arrivred 2 hours late, after the rental car offices had closed for the night. Their shuttle didn't run that late, but the hotel not only called me a cab, but paid for it as well. The property itself was nice and clean, on par with most other Comfort Inns. Thanks again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Zcolby,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we appreciate your comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We do have the shuttle available at all times of the day, but when it is not we are glad to help get you here and pay for a cab. Our rooms were recently redone, including all new bedding. So we are glad that you though great things about our rooms. We would love to have you stay with us again if you are back in town, if you need help with any future reservations please let us know. We wish you safe travels in the future!

Billings, Montana
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We booked 3 rooms there and the rooms themselves are not bad - typical motel that has old carpet and the bed was not TOO hard, but it was really noisy at night and hotel manager did not respond to our complaint. About 11PM the "neighbor's kids" were still going in and out of the room for GOD-KNOWS-WHY and slamming on the door. Customer Services was terrible!! We lost our valuable (>$2000) there and called back to ask them to look for it, but they kept telling us they didn't have time to look every time we called for at least 6 times!!! We finally got tired and we told them we had filed a police report and we would like them to look for it and hopefully it was simply staying in lost & found or something like that, but as soon as we said POLICE, they got offensive and said they didn't find anything. They did not provide additional help or anything and they did NOT even say that they are sorry!!!

Room Tip: There is nothing you can do to get a good room when the customer service is terrible. This supposedl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Miranda M
Chad D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Miranda M,

I'm slightly confused; your original story was that you forgot the item in your room. Once we were unable to find your I-PAD your story changed that it was stolen out of your room. And now here on trip advisor you’re stating that it was once again forgotten in the room. We cannot take responsibility for items being lost in the hotel, as we do not know if it was actually forgotten in the room. We take lost items very seriously, and we want our guests to feel welcome bringing expensive items into the hotel. We have not had incidents like this happen recently, and we have a very strict policy on lost and found items as well as theft. No police report was ever filed, nor did the police come to question me or my staff. I have contacted the police myself and filed a report, and they have no record or a file being reported. All my staff were questioned and it appears that it was never found in the room. We did apologize multiple times about the situation, however we also spoke to 3 different people about this so maybe we did not mention this to you. But I want you to know we are sorry that you lost your item in the hotel and that it cannot be found. Did you also lose something else in the room, I'm just confused on how a lost I-PAD values out at more than $2,000.00? In this day and age I think your racist comments on your Room Tips are a little absurd, especially when the owners of this hotel are Untied States citizens. If you can get the story straight between all the parties in your group please feel free to contact us so we can help you further with this serious situation.

Chad DeBuff

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels