“Nice Clean and Comfortable”

Riversage Billings Inn
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Billings
“Nice Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This motel is right across the street from Billings Clinic and has rooms for a medical rate as well as AARP and a few others. The rooms are very clean and the staff is polite and courteous! The bed was comfortable as well!! Outer doors were secured and never had any problems with where I parked my vehicle.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Bruce S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after seeing it's good reviews on multiple sites. We arrived around 4 and I went to check in thinking it wouldn't take long and we'd be in our room within a few minutes. Unfortunately I had to wait to even begin the check in process and once I was given a form to sign the girl started interracting with another guest who was checking in, before finishing with me (which would take very little time). She seemed new and unconfident and that was clear through the way she dealt with me. Very poor customer service and I did not feel welcome at all. I stood there for quite some time before being told that my room was not ready and I'd need to wait "a few minutes". We sat in their lobby until quarter to 5 listening to the construction workers belch and joke around with the staff. It was an incredibly unprofessional environment and we were completely ignored the entire time until the older lady told us it wouldn't be long. Finally the room was ready and we went up (I couldn't contain my anger and unfortunately lashed out at the lady, I am sorry). Of course when we got to the room the key didn't work and I had to go back down and embrace the awkwardness of an employee scorned. I made a point of asking questions which should have already been told to me like what time breakfast was and what the wifi password is.

I am not normally a fussy person but this was supposed to be a special trip and I have really regretted booking this hotel. The manager must have heard about my experience and she just called saying they'd give me 5 dollars off but I can't say that I think 5 dollars is the equivalent to the time I wasted in their lobby today.

Maybe if they worked on their customer service and tried to engage EVERYONE, not only the senior citizens staying there for the medical clinic across the street, this review might have been different.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick B, Director of Digital Marketing at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Riversage Billings Inn understands the value of a dollar. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and thank you for your review.  We are very sorry for the delay while you were waiting to check-in. Our General Manager recognized your displeasure at the time, apologized, and offered you a discount for your trouble. Then she reached out to you again a little later. Riversage Inn provides a quality guest room and sincerely tries to make every guest feel welcome. We are sorry Riversage Billings Inn did not meet up with your expectations, but we thank you for staying with us.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is very convenient to I-90 (exit 450, straight up 27th Street to 9th Avenue & left two blocks). And, once there, it is, I feel extremely convenient to all parts of town.

We had a fourth floor room, very far from the elevator and found it to be very quiet. There is only one ice machine, on the second floor. And, yes, there is only one elevator, but we never had to wait very long for it to arrive.

Our room had two beds, both soft, but that was fine with me. It had a refrigerator and microwave. I believe you are asked to set the refrig at "3." Nope! Go much higher. Three won't even cool your drinks.

With regard to the bathroom:
1. the shower pressure was terrible
2. curiously, there is no lid to the toilet. Of course, there is a toilet seat, but no lid. I have
never paid much attention to this, but since I usually put my bath towel on the closed lid when I shower, I noticed it. I'm sure there is a reason for this.

You can get a bag or two of freshly popped popcorn at the desk in the afternoons. Nice! The breakfast was ample with drinks, of course, apples, cereal AND milk, breads, bagels, donuts, & muffins. They sell hot breakfast sandwiches for $1.

We did not know it, but just two blocks away is the relatively new baseball stadium for the Billings Mustangs, a Pioneer League Rookie affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. Had we known it was there, we would have bought tickets (only $5-10) and eaten at the ball field. Think about it if you're going to Billings during baseball season = pretty cheap entertainment.

This was the second time we've stayed there, and we'll stay there again on our next trip across Montana. The rates are reasonable, and you get a lot of value for your money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick B, Director of Digital Marketing at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
The Riversage Billings Inn understands the value of a dollar. Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you got a lot of value for your money. The Inn is centrally located in downtown Billings, conveniently close to a lot of what Billings has for all travelers. We always have a list of current local events at the front desk and we are happy to help you with directions and info. Thank you for staying with us a second time and saying you would again. See you next time.
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I went to Billings to play in the ladies state golf tourney. I was looking for a great rate on a motel and I found this one. It was a good value but I wasn't used to the limited amenities. I guess I'm spoiled. Examples would be one ironing board and iron for the entire motel, storing your suitcase in a small food closet while you are waiting for your room to open up, a breakfast that consists of rolls and coffee and you can buy a breakfast sandwich for more, etc. Very thin blankets and sheets. Also, lumpy old pillows. That being said, the desk was very helpful and friendly and I got what I paid for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Rick B, Director of Digital Marketing at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
The Riversage Billings Inn understands the value of a dollar. We thank this traveler for considering the Inn a good value. We provide many, quality amenities including, a free continental breakfast, now with hot & cold cereals, high-speed WiFi, a fitness room, we’re pet friendly, a guest coin-op laundry, you can enjoy our premium Cravens coffee 24/7 in the lobby, an in-room hair dryer and an iron & board in most rooms, with more than one for loan out at the desk. We urge all our guests to express any concerns you may have with our helpful & friendly desk. We carry a variety of pillows and will try to find one that is comfortable for you. We hope you’ll give us another try next time you come to Billings.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was looking for a place to overnight in Billings on route to Yellowstone National Park. I checked the CAA/AAA tour book and saw Hilltop Inn and decided to give it a try. I am not sure what happened next but I ended up booking the Riversage Inn by error. Another family was traveling with us and I introduced them to Riversage inn and they also booked a room. On arrival we were quickly checked but when I got to my room I noticed that there was no refrigerator nor microwave as I had requested in my booking. I brought it to the attention of the desk attendant and she immediately moved me to another room. This hotel met our expectations of clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed, decent breakfast and friendly staff. We got good value for our money. This hotel is the perfect choice for budget travelers like myself who are looking for comfort but does not want to pay for the extra frills like swimming pool etc. I would like to commend the management and staff for the excellent job they are doing and to encourage them to keep it up. This hotel is always sold out so they must be doing something right. At the breakfast table we mentioned that we were heading to Yellowstone and soon we had folks giving us tips about the best route to take. We will certainly recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed in a room that sounded like it had a jet engine above it -- asked the Front Desk about moving but the young lady (who was filling in from another property) looked afraid when I even mentioned it. They were sold out and we checked in late.

We paid a bit extra for this room due the solid reviews, but man were we underwhelmed. If a lack a sleep were not enough, their washer put serious damage on our babies car-seat cover (a tear and white markings down the side). I mentioned both the sleep issue and damage to my car-seat at check-out, but an apology doesn't make up for a terrible visit.

I would never stay here again -- and I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CalBear415
Rick B, Director of Digital Marketing at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We are very sorry that this guest had an unsatisfactory stay. After this guest reported the problem, we immediately checked our coin operated laundry equipment and found that it is operating normally and fortunately we have not received any other complaints about this.

Regarding the jet sound, the hotel is located in an urban environment, only minutes from the airport and across the street from a hospital which occasionally operates a Life Flight, emergency helicopter. Most guests, however, find our location (slightly off the beaten path) and built of concrete & steel construction with superior sound insulation to be quiet and secure.
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel lived up to expectations and more. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. Be sure to ask about discounts that you can get for some restaurants around town. Parking is a little tight so you may consider that if pulling a trailer.

Stayed July 2014