“Comfortable stay”

Riversage Billings Inn
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We decided to stay at this hotel because we've enjoyed the sister hotel in Great Falls and knew this hotel would be similar. The hotel is located in a medical service area, so the area is busy during the day and very quiet at night. We found the front staff very accommodating and we're impressed with the speedy service we received when we discovered the air conditioning didn't work properly in our room. They sent a repair man within 1/2 an hour and we had a new unit installed and running within minutes. The room was very clean and comfortable, as was the rest of the hotel. We enjoyed being within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and the ball park - go Mustangs! The breakfast is simple, however we only paid $75/night, and there was a Denny's and Starbucks close by if we didn't get enough donuts and pastries! We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobbiesuegirl

Reviewed 10 August 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Riverstone Inn (FYI- its name has changed to Riversage Inn). We stayed in Billings for two nights and never figured out where the "downtown" area was, but the hotel location was fine for us. The staff were very friendly and welcomed us with hot homemade popcorn that was delicious. Our room was very nice, and just as described by the helpful young man I booked the room through. It was a non-smoking king mini-suite with king bed, a couch, recliner, desk area, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, iron, ironing board and blow dryer. We paid $73 per night with a AAA discount. The people at the front desk were always friendly and willing to answer questions and give recommendations for places to eat. The laundry facility was just one washer and one dryer, but they worked fine and weren't busy when I needed them. One odd thing - my husband and I are in our early fifties and we felt like little kids at the continental breakfast. The rest of the clientele were the 70 and over crowd. We decided from overheard conversations that most of the people who stay there must be receiving medical treatment and the near by facilities. No rowdy parties here, which was just fine with us.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GotaWearShades
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Excellent value and nice place to stay. However they do not provide shampoo in the rooms which is a huge bummer these days with flight restrictions. Besides who packs it anymore? I like the hotel but wish I had known so I could have been prepared

1  Thank Sharibari
Reviewed 27 July 2010

The previous reviewer must have this confused with another hotel. This is a great place to stay, I'm on a road trip without a tight schedule, so I decided to stay another day just to catch up on emails and laundry.
The staff is great. Very friendly and anxious to make your stay everything it can be. The free breakfast isn't much, but there's coffee all day and usually free popcorn in the afternoon. My room was clean and quiet, with really big windows overlooking the Billings Clinic (if you look close through the trees). They advised me to use my ethernet cable for better internet service, which I did. Wi-fi reception in my room at the very far end of the building was just barely there.
This place isn't perfect, but they try hard and do a very good job. I highly recommend it, especially considering an AAA rate in the mid-70's. They also have a deal with Perkins and one other restaurant for 15% off for hotel guests. Get a coupon from the front desk clerk. When I went to Perkins they said to keep the coupon in case I wanted to use it again tomorrow.

After spending two nights at Riversage (formerly Riverstone) I am totally convinced that Roofer had this hotel confused with another. I drove past a lot of crappy looking hotels in the old part of Billings before I get to Riversage (which is in a nice part of town). There are parts of Billings that look pretty scary, but near this hotel I saw people (mostly couples) out for an evening stroll around the nearby ball park area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank BJDealer
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed here because the next morning we were flying out of Billings Airport and when we looked on this site for a place to stay the #1 spot was for Juniper Inn or something like that and when we stopped by there all we saw was a middle aged woman with her hubby sprawled out in the front of their room drinking a cold one and we thought' no this looks like it is a welfare recipients motel' so we decided on this one...boy were we disappointed!! Tiny tiny rooms with 2 beds (1 Q & 1 F). I tried to sit on the edge of the bed and slid off so i knew the support was gone on this one right away. The lady at the front counter was snippy that she had to work and apparently decided she wanted to let everyone know it. Breakfast consisted of baby muffins, bread items, and coffee/juice/tea. Entry is nice but this place needs a thorough cleaning, carpets and all. I guess it isn't bad for a 'cheap' place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Roofers
rbimanager, Manager at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

As the general manager of the Riversage Billings Inn, I am very disappointed that this guest did not have a pleasant stay. We strive hard to fulfill all guests’ needs. We take pride in our cleanliness and customer service. All of our carpets in our rooms are shampooed quarterly and the hallways and lobby carpets are shampooed monthly. At the beginning of June we replaced several of our beds. Some of the facts citied in this complaint do not apply to the Riversage Billings Inn, leading me to wonder if perhaps this guest got us confused with another hotel on their trip. We wish these guests would have spoken with management before they checked out so we could have resolved these issues at that time. We invite the Trip Advisor public to give us a try. I am sure you would be pleased.

Reviewed 19 June 2010

The hotel now seems to be called the Riversage Inn. We had a very large well appointed room: Wing chair, sofa, coffee table, floor lamp, dining table two dining chairs, bureau with TV, king sized bed, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, microwave, fridge turned on already cold upon arrival and useable freezer, hair dryer, luggage rack full length mirror. Black out curtains (but no privacy sheers).

I could easily envision staying in this pleasant room a week or more. Two chronic insomniacs slept very well on exceptionally comfortable bed. Plenty of storage. Super clean, very friendly staff, 24 hour coffee, fresh baked cookies, fruit, good breakfast including hard boiled egg, English muffin, pastries, juice. At about $75 double, it's a good value.

A few more easily accessible electrical outlets would be welcome, but it wasn't hard to pull the nightstand forward to access extra outlets.

We will definitely stay here again when we are in Billings. My photos don't do the room justice.

Located next to Billings Clinic.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank onlinealterego
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I have to say this is the best kept secret in Billings. I have stayed at many hotels in this area, but none compare to this. The hospitality is wonderful!!! The price is right and and beds are comfortable...what more can one ask for? I have a problem with hotels that allow smokers and this is not one of them!! The staff was very accomidating and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends