Dude Rancher Lodge
Northern Hotel(Billings)
Rimview Inn(Billings)
Rimrock Inn(Billings)
View Hotel
All reviewswood panelingdowntown billingsold westoff street parkingattached restaurantwestern themeart museumjetted tubrestaurants and barsupdated roomsclose to downtownan older hotelfast foodquiet roomrestaurant next doorcomfortable bedsup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed here with my husband and two children on our last night of vacation before we flew out. The location was great. The price was fantastic. The staff was helpful about restaurants and also when I asked to change rooms. The rooms were OK. I changed rooms because it had a jacuzzi tub with jets that were very moldy and I had to give my small children a bath in it. The room was generally clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. We received our wake up call promptly as requested. The bedspread was pretty horrible with a LARGE brown stain in the middle of the bedspread and lots of stains on the other side. I'm sure it had been washed and was just a stain, but was pretty disgusting. I just took them off and put them in the corner of the room. The sheets were very clean though. The room was fine for us and great on the budget. If it weren't for the jacuzzi tub and the bed spread I would give it a higher rating. I was in room 107 with the red sink and moved to room 105 with the green sink which had cleaner jacuzzi jets.

1  Thank jenniaj
mjlyonspogue, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking time to post this review. And a BIG thank you for listing your room numbers so that we could personally inspect your rooms. We have given a copy of this to our housekeeping department (regarding the jets and the stain on the spread). You're right, it was an old stain that did not come out but it DOES look disgusting! It has been replaced! We're glad you liked the location and found our rates reasonable. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We booked this hotel based on western theme, price, and mixed but mostly favourable reviews on Trip Advisor and that the manager had responded to a few comments on Trip Advisor. It was quaint, the western theme was awesome and the lobby looked inviting but that was where it ended. The front desk staff that checked us in wasn't as friendly and welcoming as their brochure claimed. Once in our room there was a large stain on the carpet inside the door. We knew the rooms were small but with the 2 double beds, armour, table/chairs and fridge there was barely room for us and our bags. We knew there was only the option of heat or a/c but even with the fan blowing for 2 days it was very hot in our room ... so hot that we slept on the beds instead of in the beds! The bathroom fan rattled, the jets in the tub looked dirty ... which we did leave a note for the maintenance man. There was crack in the brick walls (yes, I know it is an old building) and cobwebs on the wall.

The girl who did our check out was very friendly and the price was affordable. So the concept of the hotel was awesome, the brands on the carpet were cool and the price was right but I wouldn't stay here again.

2  Thank chickipoo

We're sorry that you did not feel you were welcomed to our hotel! I was able to track your room number via the comment card you completed (thank you for taking time to do this!) and I looked at this room the day you checked out. You are absolutely right! You had some issues that were totally unacceptable. We should have moved you to another room immediately and worked to correct all of the problems. What you experienced is not up to our standards and we have consulted with front desk staff, maintenance and housekeeping to rectify this. As difficult as it is for a property to read a negative review, it is extremely helpful for us in that it enables us to improve where we need to. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were only here for one night after a week in Montana. We picked the Dude Rancher Lodge for it's affordable price and proximity to the airport (we had a 6am flight). We were please with it on both accounts. It is an older lodge, but it's got lots of character.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
mjlyonspogue, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write nice things about us! We're glad you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the Historic ambiance at the Dude Rancher Lodge!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed 3 nights at the Dude Rancher Lodge two weeks ago. I agree with most of the other reviews, the rooms are a little dated but were very clean and had everything you need. (Fridge. microwave and coffee maker) The TV was not a flat screen but was a newer model and worked well. There was a good selection of channels on the TV. Internet also worked well. The bathroom looked like it was remodeled not too long ago. Nice shower and decent water pressure.
The Café was great for breakfast and reasonably priced. The front desk was helpful finding good close restaurants and food/convenience stores. (Try the Montana Brewing Company 3 blocks away, great food and beer.)
I think I met everyone who worked there over a 3 day period and everyone I met was extremely nice and very helpful. I needed an unexpected trip to the emergency room after a bad fall downtown a couple of blocks from the hotel. When I called the office for information on where to go for some stitches. The manager on duty said. Let me call you right back. The phone rang again in about a minute and she said she arranged a ride for me to the hospital; someone would be at my door in about 2 minutes. This is the kind of service you will only receive in a little mom and pop place like this.
Anyway thanks to the staff for all the kindness and help they provided. There is no doubt I will stay here again if I’m ever back in Billings.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review! We may not have a Concierge, but we Do have staff who cares deeply about the quality of our guests' stays! We were glad that you contacted us after your fall so that we could help get you to a facility quickly. Come see us again!

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Some scary looking people on lower level that didn't make us feel too sure about the place. Washcloth on rack with towels that was missed by housekeeping that had been used by someone who cleaned makeup off their face. Funky decor and fairly clean otherwise. Definitely older. Found out around the time we checked out that place was supposedly haunted and surprise - the room we had just stayed in was supposed to be the most haunted - so if you do believe in ghosts and don't want that as a surprise, maybe request that it not be where the woman in the blue gown hangs out and maybe the Dude Rancher doesn't want to give that room to someone with younger kids.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
mjlyonspogue, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Thank you for your review! Would love more information about the "scary looking people" - were they loitering around our property? If you would be so kind as to contact me I would love to know so that we can follow-up! We have someone on property 24 hours per day so that we can monitor and control pedestrian traffic - I have given a copy of this review to our Housekeeping Staff (each employee received a copy) because this is, of course, totally unacceptable (the washcloth) - Now to address the haunted legend! Being a Historic property built in 1949, there is a wealth of history - if only the walls could talk! There is a chapter dedicated to the Dude in the book "More Haunted Montana" and we have been investigated twice by the Montana Paranormal Society. They seem to feel that there is paranormal activity in several locations on our property. That being said, we've never had a guest complain about anything frightening them or "going bump in the night" - so whatever is here, is friendly! We like to think that its previous employees who have passed on that drop by to visit from time to time!