“Not a place to stay in summer”
Review of Dude Rancher Lodge

Dude Rancher Lodge
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Not a place to stay in summer”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Nice location but I would NOT recommend a stay in the summer - the cooling system is outdated and the rooms a roasting 85 degrees with aircon on full blast. Miserable stay. Dated and need of new carpeting, bedding - pretty grubby.

3 Thank DavidU4444
, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
We're sorry that your stay was miserable! Record high temperatures did tax our cooling unit, but we did stock up on fans for anyone who was uncomfortable. Not sure what you mean by "grubby". Yes, we are an older property, but we have a top-of-the-line Executive Housekeeper and Staff. It would be most helpful to know which room you were in so that we could more closely address your concerns with staff. Please feel free to email me at sales@duderancherlodge.com!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just an overnight stay, but they were cheerful and welcoming at 1am after a long flight from the UK and the room was good

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeremy138
Thank you so much for posting a review! We're glad you had a pleasant stay and were greeting warmly after such a long day!
Renton, Washington, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed at the hotel to rest between travel days as my family and I drove from Seattle to Minneapolis. I see that Hotel Impossible is coming there which is a great idea. Mgmt mentioned the renovations occurring in July.

Loved:
- Western Theme
- Listed as a Historical Building - I love history and this made it "cool"
- Close to services - Gas stations and fast food nearby were exactly what I was looking for.
- Beds and linens were very nice. Comfortable sleep once I was cool enough.

Cons:
- Rooms are small. We had one with two queen beds. Chairs near the table sunk it and I felt like I was going to fall through.
- Air conditioning not working well - Building uses a central AC system not individual room ones. Could not keep up with the high summer temps. No insulation on ceiling let heat straight in to upper floors.
- Bathroom - Shower door kept falling off and took some strength to move
- Internet - Would time out or disconnect after a while forcing me to log back in with pass code.
- Power outlets for chargers not easily accessible.

Room Tip: AC does not keep up with the hot days. Upper floor rooms were very warm and made sleeping difficult...
6 Thank Shawn D
Thank you so much for posting such a detailed review! We are currently in Phase 1 of our Guest Room remodel and are excited about the many improvements that will result! We hope to see you again as many of the concerns you have mentioned will no longer exist!

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We thought this historic hotel would be something better than a 70's decorated room with no phone or working internet service. We were not greeted warmly by the front desk staff. I will not return.

1 Thank WinterwandererUsa
, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Thank you for taking time to mention your concerns! A 70's decorated room? Well, maybe those bright bathrooms were an 80's thing! Trust me, we're working on this! Every room has a phone - I cannot tell by your review if there was no phone or if your phone was not working. We also have a secured wireless internet network and the password is included with your key at check-in. We apologize if that was not explained to you upon arrival. It would be most helpful to know your date and time of arrival so that I might discuss this matter of unfriendliness with the Front Desk Associate who checked you in. Please feel free to call me at your convenience if you would like to share this with us.
Chester, Montana
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The hotel is quite nice. No problems with things working or the housekeeping. The big problem is that they did not stick to the price of the room that was promised in the reservation. I was told it would be $69 plus tax. They charged me $76 when I checked in. I mentioned this to them but they didn't seem to care. I checked on-line and you can get a queen for $68 and a king for $71. I tried to get another room somewhere else but could not find one as there is a convention or two in town. This may even be fraud on their behalf.

4 Thank Rodney K
Thank you for your review. We're glad that your stay was pleasant and you received the level of service that you deserve!

In response to the issue of your rate, it is quite disturbing to us that you imply fraud on our behalf. I spoke with you at length after your arrival and as I mentioned at that time, the rate you were quoting me was not in our system. When you showed me the rates you found on-line, I pointed out that the rates you were looking at were for entirely different dates and days of the week. Also, our allotment for on-line rooms at the time of your stay was sold out. But we did give you a great discount and your rate was $71.00 plus tax. You seemed happy and okay after we talked. At any rate, there seems to be a communication problem and we're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Maplewood, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We were on a road trip from Minnesota to California. They were the lowest price in the area as we reached Montana. The place was older but I don't mind a vintage atmosphere. It was close by restaurants and right downtown. We got in late so we didn't have time to check around. Nice and quiet. No hassle.

1 Thank Maity T
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to post a review regarding your pleasant stay! It means so much to us that people share! So sorry you were unable to spend more time in Billings as it's a great time of year to explore the area!
MJ
Glacier National Park, Montana
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here on a whim and were quite disappointed. I paid way too much to stay at this place. The location is great, you can walk to all the downtown places. It smells horrible throughout the hotel, it is very old and needs to be updated. The bed was atrocious, incredibly uncomfortable. The one positive thing that I can say is that the bathroom was immaculate...super clean and I am picky. I would not pick to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MT-JAH
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
We were so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay. We strive to ensure that every guest has only the very best experience possible. We are currently in the process of updating our guest rooms and we hope that you will return at some point and allow us to provide the type of service that you expect. Thank you for your kind words regarding your bathroom. Our housekeeping department works diligently to ensure that our guestrooms are spotless! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.