“Not the best”

Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Gonzales, Louisiana
“Not the best”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Few rooms contain fridges/microwaves. I was told by the front desk clerk that I could go buy a mini-fridge and then provide them with a receipt and the hotel would buy it from me. When I was checking out the same clerk told me the manager "changed his mind" and they would not buy the mini-fridge from me. Hotel is not very well maintained - The glass shower door fell on me as I was showering. When I voiced my complaint the clerk made a poor attempt at a joke and did not take my concern seriously.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Hello I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apoligize about the fridge and the shower door. I have only been here for over 3 months so I really dont know what to say about the situation. I know we have put fridges in more of our rooms since I have been here. I am truly sorry that your stay with us was not a good one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Alberta Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had reserved a king room for 2 nights . It sounded like a neat place to just stay and relax. Our room was very dark; one exit was to the courtyard parking lot; the other inside.
After I had a shower the next morning, the water started to pour from the ceiling. I quickly got my husband up and I went down to the office. The girl on duty there informed us that there had been a note telling staff to NOT rent the room as there was a problem with a water leak in the bathroom and also a note on the computer. The girl agreed to move us and told us that she had upgraded us. The new room was better, in that there was no leak and that it had most likely had been refurbished-not really an upgrade, but at least no leaks . The big problem was that we had to pack our suitcases and carry the bags up the stairs (not always easy for seniors). Overall, not a very good experience. Too bad that the communication between staff was so bad. The hotel was not busy either.Not a relaxing visit for us, which was the main purpose of the stop.
I would not stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Carol F, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Please let me apologize for your unpleasant stay. Leaking roofs are never fun; whether at home or on vacation. I appreciate you bringing these things to our attention. Communication between staff is very important and something we intend to improve. I am also sorry that you had to carry your bags up the stairs. I appreciate that you have brought these things to our attention so that we can improve! Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 September 2013

After seeing Trip Advisor had given out An Excellent rating to Dude Rancher Lodge we decided to stay there. With a Motorcoach coming in and 1 person at the Front Desk isn't a good idea. They were dealing with other people because they had overbooked the rooms. At least they were finding them other accommodations. The next morning they had 1 waitress on duty at the adjacent restaurant. All seats full and no one to clean or bus tables. They had 1 group menu on a half sheet of paper for 49 people to order from... Really? Kudos to the young girl that was running around trying to help with luggage handling and trying to be helpful... But it would have been nice to clone her with a group staying there. Sorry wont be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Some of this has to do with internal communication, which we are actively working to correct. I apologize that your experience was unpleasant and invite you to call and discuss your concerns with our general manager. We take all concerns seriously and are constantly looking for ways to improve. Thank you!
Reserve, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed at the Dude Rancher for a couple nights August 2013. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The front desk were very helpful and willing to spend the time to make sure you had an excellent stay. It was an older property, but well kept. The room was up graded and very clean. Restroom was very clean. I would very definitely return when I visit Billings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We here at the Dude are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We try very hard to make our guest happy!
Montana
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Wanted to love this retro place. We are located right downtown which is great. And i wanted to be able to write a great review. But this morning, I found a long hair in the shower that wasn't mine. Plus even though the bathroom is updated there is no wall blow dryer. I called the desk and they said every room has one.... except ours, oops and our mini- frig isn't working and we've been promised a fix today so we'll keep our fingers crossed !

• Stayed September 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate that you brought it to our attention. We are working to make sure all of our rooms are equipped with the conveniences you mentioned and we did fix that refrigerator right away! We also strive to ensure that every room is as clean as it can possibly be! Thank you for bringing these things to our attention so we can take steps to fix them!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Awesome for the true Dude Rancher experience. Trail rides were offered for the whole family that offered fabulous high elevation views of Billings and at great prices! Nearby micro brewery that had a great selection of uniquely brewed beers and ales. When I come back to Billings. MT I know where I'm staying. The Dude Ranch Lodge!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for your awesome review!!! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do try very hard to make our guest happy!
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Although the rooms do need some updating, I think overall the property is beautiful. The staff was extremely nice and the cost was decent. I would recommend my friends stay here too. The weather was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your review! We are in the process of remodeling more rooms. Our staff try hard to keep smiles on our guests faces.