“Not impressed”
Review of Dude Rancher Lodge

Dude Rancher Lodge
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed there about a week ago. I was not impressed. We had a small room. I didn't think it was the cleanest especially the bathroom. It had this horrid green wallpaper and it was dirty. The internet was the only thing that impressed me in the room. However, I needed to use the business computer in the lobby and it was crap. It hung up on me several times. The one thing I also noticed was that there was no clock in the room. Also, we had asked for a wake up call which did not happen. Thankfully, we were not catching a flight or else we would have missed it. I will definitely not stay there again.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank LPMCanada
LisaHalpin, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have adressed both housekeeping and the front desk staff about the issues you experienced and are working to resolve them. We will also look into the sporadic internet on the business computer. Thank you for alwerting us to these issues so we can work to fix them.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We went to the Dude Rancher because we saw it on the "Hotel Impossible" show. We were given a refurbished room that was well done but small. That was all OK, we liked the western decor and the colors of the room. The bed was great. The bathroom was nice and we could tell the fixtures were new. The location is perfect.
Then there were a few issues: a clump of long black hair in the bathroom that didn't belong to us, trash that hadn't been removed from the trash can, dust on the wardrobe that served as a closet and a loose bathroom sink faucet. The worst thing was the A/C which came on and turned off with a clunk that kept waking us.
Overall it was a fun experience just to say we had been there. If they can just take care of a few simple-to-fix issues, the experience will be even better.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry J
Carol F, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you so much for your review and for bringing these issues to our attention. We are taking steps to correct all of these problems and take your concerns very seriously. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soo! Thank you again!!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Few rooms contain fridges/microwaves. I was told by the front desk clerk that I could go buy a mini-fridge and then provide them with a receipt and the hotel would buy it from me. When I was checking out the same clerk told me the manager "changed his mind" and they would not buy the mini-fridge from me. Hotel is not very well maintained - The glass shower door fell on me as I was showering. When I voiced my complaint the clerk made a poor attempt at a joke and did not take my concern seriously.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FrequentTraveler224
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hello I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apoligize about the fridge and the shower door. I have only been here for over 3 months so I really dont know what to say about the situation. I know we have put fridges in more of our rooms since I have been here. I am truly sorry that your stay with us was not a good one.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had reserved a king room for 2 nights . It sounded like a neat place to just stay and relax. Our room was very dark; one exit was to the courtyard parking lot; the other inside.
After I had a shower the next morning, the water started to pour from the ceiling. I quickly got my husband up and I went down to the office. The girl on duty there informed us that there had been a note telling staff to NOT rent the room as there was a problem with a water leak in the bathroom and also a note on the computer. The girl agreed to move us and told us that she had upgraded us. The new room was better, in that there was no leak and that it had most likely had been refurbished-not really an upgrade, but at least no leaks . The big problem was that we had to pack our suitcases and carry the bags up the stairs (not always easy for seniors). Overall, not a very good experience. Too bad that the communication between staff was so bad. The hotel was not busy either.Not a relaxing visit for us, which was the main purpose of the stop.
I would not stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Please let me apologize for your unpleasant stay. Leaking roofs are never fun; whether at home or on vacation. I appreciate you bringing these things to our attention. Communication between staff is very important and something we intend to improve. I am also sorry that you had to carry your bags up the stairs. I appreciate that you have brought these things to our attention so that we can improve! Thank you!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

After seeing Trip Advisor had given out An Excellent rating to Dude Rancher Lodge we decided to stay there. With a Motorcoach coming in and 1 person at the Front Desk isn't a good idea. They were dealing with other people because they had overbooked the rooms. At least they were finding them other accommodations. The next morning they had 1 waitress on duty at the adjacent restaurant. All seats full and no one to clean or bus tables. They had 1 group menu on a half sheet of paper for 49 people to order from... Really? Kudos to the young girl that was running around trying to help with luggage handling and trying to be helpful... But it would have been nice to clone her with a group staying there. Sorry wont be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Some of this has to do with internal communication, which we are actively working to correct. I apologize that your experience was unpleasant and invite you to call and discuss your concerns with our general manager. We take all concerns seriously and are constantly looking for ways to improve. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed at the Dude Rancher for a couple nights August 2013. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The front desk were very helpful and willing to spend the time to make sure you had an excellent stay. It was an older property, but well kept. The room was up graded and very clean. Restroom was very clean. I would very definitely return when I visit Billings.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for your kind review! We here at the Dude are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We try very hard to make our guest happy!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Wanted to love this retro place. We are located right downtown which is great. And i wanted to be able to write a great review. But this morning, I found a long hair in the shower that wasn't mine. Plus even though the bathroom is updated there is no wall blow dryer. I called the desk and they said every room has one.... except ours, oops and our mini- frig isn't working and we've been promised a fix today so we'll keep our fingers crossed !

• Stayed: September 2013

We apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate that you brought it to our attention. We are working to make sure all of our rooms are equipped with the conveniences you mentioned and we did fix that refrigerator right away! We also strive to ensure that every room is as clean as it can possibly be! Thank you for bringing these things to our attention so we can take steps to fix them!