Dude Rancher Lodge
US$138
Big Horn Resort(Billings)
US$124
AscendHotels
My Place Hotel-Billings, MT(Billings)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$127
US$118
US$109
US$144
US$140
Days Inn Billings(Billings)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
US$170
All reviewswood panelingdowntown billingsold westoff street parkingattached restaurantwestern themeart museumjetted tubrestaurants and barsupdated roomsclose to downtownan older hotelfast foodquiet roomrestaurant next doorcomfortable bedsup to date
Reviewed 18 November 2013

During our 30 day road trip, we stopped at the Dude Rancher twice-- once for one night on our way out west, and then again for three nights on the way back. We found the Dude Rancher Lodge to be cozy and clean and within walking distance of much of downtown. Courtyard parking felt safe. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and felt that it was a great value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank architectsarah
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found us to be comfortable and cozy. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Read reviews about this place a couple of years ago in a magazine when I was travelling thru Montana in 2011. Had a chance to experience this for myself when I wanted to visit family as I was passing thru - only a few blocks from where they lived. Spent 3 nights. My cousin walked over to have breakfast with me - added the $5.00 vouchers to my hotel bill - made it easy to have a choice of 3 breakfasts - good until 2:00pm (when the restaurant closed). Nice to be served - no do it yourself!

Room was next to office, close to icemaker, liked having my car by my door so I didn't have so far to lug my computer, printer and stuff. Room had a small stand alone closet with flat screen tv on top. (very nice). Room also had large refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker with ample supplies of coffee, tea & condiments. Nice touch - really cute Dude Rancher coffee mugs and real glasses.

Bed & Bedding - bed was a pillowtop - super comfortable. Pillows were great. Sheets were nice - not cheap. Bottom sheet was not fitted - so it may come out. Duvet covered by a sheet - ultra light - but plenty warm. Extra blanket in closet if needed - nice touch. Used the blanket to wrap myself up while sitting and working on computer late at night.

Bathroom was comfortable - 3 sets of thick towels for a king room. Bathroom had been updated with new flooring, toilet and fiberglass shower. Sink was a red octagonal "original" - it was worn - but quaint. Shower worked great - appreciated the incorporated hand rails.

Staff was friendly and accommodated my requests and answered my questions.

Quirky Stuff - the sink in the bathroom was not clean - could see toothpaste stains from previous occupant. Also - carpet under bedside tables was not vacuumed - could see potato chips? Complained to housekeeping and they took care of it the next morning. Also - could not turn on the tv when I went to turn it on about 11:30 PM. The tv, microwave, refrigerator, etc were plugged into a wall outlet adapter - had to jiggle it to make it work. If you turn off the light switch at the door - you end up turning off the wall outlets - so you may turn off charging your phone. Internet worked great - but one night at 2:00 am was not working.

Special Note - if you enter room from the parking lot the light switch to the room is by the OTHER door to the hallway.

Room Tip: Check for rates online - then call the hotel directly (406) 259-5561. You will get a better rate. I wanted a room where I could park by my door - (female traveling alone). Rooms that are on the first floor facing the inner parking lot are even numbers beginning with 1 - example 102, 124, etc. The odd numbered rooms do not have quick access to outside parking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank claybiz
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon! Also, thank you for bringing your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping staff so they could help you right away! We really appreciate the opportunity to fix anthing we can immediately!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My review title sums up the pluses of The Dude Rancher, a property featured on TV's Hotel Makeover. I stay at this hotel frequently the night before a 6AM flight since I live 100 miles from the Billings airport; it's an independent small hotel striving to hold their own in a competitive business. I like that they offer free parking for the duration of a trip. My only heads up comment is that the hotel's location is in a part of town that I find a little spooky late at night--and many of my trips have return flights arriving at midnight. Their transportation is taxi service, not a hotel van, and I feel a little uncomfortable with the midnight cab drivers--this is just a personal preference that's NOT based on any actual incidents. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful and the rooms are very clean, with comfortable beds & nice linens.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mtinnkeeper
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! We are so glad you enjoy staying here and look forward to seeing you more in the future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for one night on a roadtrip from Minnesota back to Seattle. Like others have mentioned, it's centrally located to some of the fun bars and restaurants in town. The room was cozy and cute and clean, and the lobby is warm and inviting - it's done up in its Montana finest. Everyone was really nice.

They get extra points for the crazy designs on the carpet, which appear to be cattle brands.

Tip: If you forget your toothpaste, ask them at the front desk. They have travel size tubes for free.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hildeborg
LisaHalpin, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I've never actually paid to stay here because my company has picked up the tab. But for $80/night this is solid, clean, cozy, and warm place to stay if you're ever in Billings.

If I was White instead of Yellow, I would've felt like I was staying at my grandparent's or Uncle's house. The extraordinarily friendly staff is even friendlier than in Hawaiin hotels. These aren't corporate trained fake-friendly staff, these people are old school, providing genuine Midwestern hospitality in which you feel like you're staying in their home. I even checked out well past the 11AM checkout time and they didn't charge me extra.

I also ate at the restaurant...AWESOME hashbrowns! Loaded with butter and grease, but still crunchy! Everything is under $10 at breakfast.

I just wish the toilet paper was softer...but luckily this time I brought my own roll of 3-ply Charmin. ;-)

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John P
LisaHalpin, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again! Mahalo!