“Awesome Stay at the Dude Rancher Lodge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dude Rancher Lodge

Dude Rancher Lodge
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Billings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Minnetonka, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Even if everything else was perfectly adequate the front desk person was so rude it overshadowed it all. She clearly either hates her job or doesn't like working nights. I was afraid to ask her any questions because she treated us with such disdain. She barely looked at us when we entered, we had trouble finding our reservation and she was clearly annoyed, I asked her if we were parked in the right spot and she looked at me like I was an idiot and when we couldn't figure out the wifi in the room we literally did rock, paper, scissors to see who would be the unlucky soul to get reemed for asking her. And yes, she did reem my boyfriend for not seeing the password on our room key envelope. Oh and only one room key worked but we didn't dare go back and ask her for the correct one. What a disappointment.

Room Tip: First floor in the back is right next to some very loud work trucks. Do not recommend.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TonkaMom13
LisaHalpin, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you so much for your honest review and for bringing this matter to our attention. We take customer service very seriously and we will definitely address this matter with the appropriate people. If you would like to discuss this matter further, we welcome you to call and speak with a manager. Thanks again for allowing us to deal with this issue.
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed in room 102. All rooms are suppose to be non smoking rooms. The room felt very warm and stuffy, we were not able to cool the room so we cracked the window. The night desk clerk was on the phone and smoking just outside of our room. The linens already smelled like smoke, and that just seemed to make it worse. When I mentioned this in the morning, the desk clerk went to the room to check and confimed that it did smell like smoke, but NO compensation was offered. The room had lotion or toothpaste running down the bathroom counter, candy and some other stuff on the carpet and trash under the bed:
:( I will not go back.......ever!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nadine M
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring these things to our attention. We are so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. I assure you that these concerns WILL be dealt with immediately with the appropriate employees. We take the concerns of our guests very seriously and are diligently working to handle problems like these that arise. We do hope you reconsider and give us another chance. Thanks again for alerting us to these issues!

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

During our 30 day road trip, we stopped at the Dude Rancher twice-- once for one night on our way out west, and then again for three nights on the way back. We found the Dude Rancher Lodge to be cozy and clean and within walking distance of much of downtown. Courtyard parking felt safe. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and felt that it was a great value for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank architectsarah
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found us to be comfortable and cozy. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Read reviews about this place a couple of years ago in a magazine when I was travelling thru Montana in 2011. Had a chance to experience this for myself when I wanted to visit family as I was passing thru - only a few blocks from where they lived. Spent 3 nights. My cousin walked over to have breakfast with me - added the $5.00 vouchers to my hotel bill - made it easy to have a choice of 3 breakfasts - good until 2:00pm (when the restaurant closed). Nice to be served - no do it yourself!

Room was next to office, close to icemaker, liked having my car by my door so I didn't have so far to lug my computer, printer and stuff. Room had a small stand alone closet with flat screen tv on top. (very nice). Room also had large refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker with ample supplies of coffee, tea & condiments. Nice touch - really cute Dude Rancher coffee mugs and real glasses.

Bed & Bedding - bed was a pillowtop - super comfortable. Pillows were great. Sheets were nice - not cheap. Bottom sheet was not fitted - so it may come out. Duvet covered by a sheet - ultra light - but plenty warm. Extra blanket in closet if needed - nice touch. Used the blanket to wrap myself up while sitting and working on computer late at night.

Bathroom was comfortable - 3 sets of thick towels for a king room. Bathroom had been updated with new flooring, toilet and fiberglass shower. Sink was a red octagonal "original" - it was worn - but quaint. Shower worked great - appreciated the incorporated hand rails.

Staff was friendly and accommodated my requests and answered my questions.

Quirky Stuff - the sink in the bathroom was not clean - could see toothpaste stains from previous occupant. Also - carpet under bedside tables was not vacuumed - could see potato chips? Complained to housekeeping and they took care of it the next morning. Also - could not turn on the tv when I went to turn it on about 11:30 PM. The tv, microwave, refrigerator, etc were plugged into a wall outlet adapter - had to jiggle it to make it work. If you turn off the light switch at the door - you end up turning off the wall outlets - so you may turn off charging your phone. Internet worked great - but one night at 2:00 am was not working.

Special Note - if you enter room from the parking lot the light switch to the room is by the OTHER door to the hallway.

Room Tip: Check for rates online - then call the hotel directly (406) 259-5561. You will get a better rate. I...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank claybiz
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon! Also, thank you for bringing your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping staff so they could help you right away! We really appreciate the opportunity to fix anthing we can immediately!
Big Timber, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My review title sums up the pluses of The Dude Rancher, a property featured on TV's Hotel Makeover. I stay at this hotel frequently the night before a 6AM flight since I live 100 miles from the Billings airport; it's an independent small hotel striving to hold their own in a competitive business. I like that they offer free parking for the duration of a trip. My only heads up comment is that the hotel's location is in a part of town that I find a little spooky late at night--and many of my trips have return flights arriving at midnight. Their transportation is taxi service, not a hotel van, and I feel a little uncomfortable with the midnight cab drivers--this is just a personal preference that's NOT based on any actual incidents. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful and the rooms are very clean, with comfortable beds & nice linens.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mtinnkeeper
duderancher, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! We are so glad you enjoy staying here and look forward to seeing you more in the future!
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for one night on a roadtrip from Minnesota back to Seattle. Like others have mentioned, it's centrally located to some of the fun bars and restaurants in town. The room was cozy and cute and clean, and the lobby is warm and inviting - it's done up in its Montana finest. Everyone was really nice.

They get extra points for the crazy designs on the carpet, which appear to be cattle brands.

Tip: If you forget your toothpaste, ask them at the front desk. They have travel size tubes for free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hildeborg
LisaHalpin, Director of Sales at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.