I love the decor! Exposed rafters, windows I can open, a blue sink, wood plank walls...and of course the branded carpet. Right up my alley. Two extra pillows were already in my room, as well as plenty of soft towels. I like the central parking area and indoor access to my room - makes me feel more secure (important for a chick traveling solo). Staff is friendly and accomodating. Wireless internet is FAST and easy to connect to. Bed is as comfortable as can be expected from a spring mattress.
If I were to criticize anything, I might say that the drapes could use replacing. I also think a nice touch would be to replace the standard hotel bedspread with something more "western"...maybe a quilt?
One last thing - apparently, the hotel is haunted by a ghost named Annabelle. If you're brave, stay in room 226! I took the Ghost Tour while here (which conveniently leaves from The Dude), and while we were in room 226 I saw an eerie shadow about the size of a person cross in front of the window - on the 2nd floor! The rest of the tour was kind of lame, but gave me a good chance to see downtown Billings.
In summary, whatever bumps The Dude may have had in the past, it's all good now. Worth a stay for the location, charm, and value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dude Rancher Lodge is an historic downtown Billings hotel. We are proud to be listed in the National Register of Historic Places, which is America’s official list of important properties that provide a valuable link to the past and have been deemed worthy of preservation. Built in 1949, our hotel near downtown Billings is a rustic ranch that features weeping brick mortar and full-length porches. Our interior is designed with knotty pine paneling, custom-built western-style furnishings, decorative lampshades and carpeting that is adorned with the brands of local ranchers who originally invested in the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dude Rancher Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dude Rancher Hotel Billings
- Dude Rancher Lodge Billings, Montana