“to feel at home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boulder
Schorndorf, Germany
“to feel at home”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I just love this Boulder Hot Springs! I am from Germany and got to know the Hot springs some years ago and I come back again and again...
The water is very healing and it has a peaceful energy and surrounding. If you want to relax, soak in the waters, have a calm time inmidst of nature it is your place. And I appreciate a lot the individuell special furnituring in the rooms. There are differences in price and luxury and they are all special. And the interieur is chosen with care to build a familiar and interesting stay. Also the breakfast is very good. You can choose a lot of things what are served and they offer it with care for people with food allergies like me. I like it also very much that it is an alcohol free and cigarette free environement. For me that is very supporting to feel at home and relax.
The building is an old lady like a friend always says and that means you see the time gone by. I like that it is not perfect. And I see a lot of change and renovation over the years.
Boulder Hot Springshas gotten for me more a home like a hotel over the years. And I meet there with people from all over the world at conventions.
When you are in Montana I recommend to get a good soak or an overnight stay at the Hot Springs.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marianne R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I love Boulder Hot Springs and have stayed there many times. The historical buildings bring you back to a by-gone era. Everything about the place helps me de-compress from the hectic lifestyle of the city. From soaking in the hot springs, swimming in the outdoor heated pool, taking in the view on the verandah in an old-fashioned wooden rocking chair to hiking up into the National Forest behind the building. I have seen sandhill cranes and blue herons in the marsh out front in the summer and also deer wandering down from the hills behind. I very much appreciate that they do not serve alcohol or permit smoking or drug use as I do not find drunken/ stoned people very peaceful or quiet. And it's the quiet I especially love there. So thank you very much Boulder Hot Springs staff and I'll be seeing you soon I hope!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Kelowna
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This property didn't match the Inn's web page description. It has lots of potential, but much of the property is in only fair to poor condition. Our room was tastefully decorated and comfortable, but some of the public areas less attractive. The breakfast was very good, and staff friendly and helpful. Overall, we were disappointed in our stay at Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa.

Room Tip: Must get a room in the east block of the building. This building has been renovated and in generally...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert M
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I love this place. It's relaxing, old-world, and their locally grown food is tasty. We feasted there for Easter, hiked in the mountains out the back door in warm sunshine, then soaked our tired bones in the indoor plunge before heading out to float under a bright blue sky.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I loved the atmosphere here. And although this isn't a hotel review but more of an attraction review concerning their hot springs outside and inside. My wife, a travel agent for American Express and I frequent this place often when we are in the area.

I'm not sure about the rooms per say, but the nice cozy rooms they have for the hot springs are like a stranger told me the last time I was there "well you can't beat this".

Last time I was there the outside pool was 102 degrees, inside was 108 and the steam room was super steamy and just perfect. If you go during the early day or afternoon there isn't very many people usually and you can usually soak to your hearts content in peace.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Belt, Montana, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed there for New Years eve with husband and son. Had to get 2 rooms because the rooms are so small and a lot of them you have a communal bathroom. Outdoor pool had ice all over the concrete so it was very trecherous. The water was not warm enough for the outside temp. So we decided to go to the indoor pools. I had to go alone because those are segregated into men's and womens. That's no fun when you are traveling with family. Dinner said they were serving wine. They didn't. The food, which is suppose to be gourmet was pretty bad. Prime rib was tasteless. Veggies were merely warm not cooked at all. They even messed up waldorf salad. The room was suppose to have shampoo, conditioner and hair dryer. It had nothing. It was a 300 dollar one night stay and we were so disappointed. Oh and the front desk clerk was rude. older woman.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Trish W
Calgary
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My Wife and I went to Montana on a "Hoodle" to see what we could find. We found Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa and couldnt have been more pleased! If you are looking for 5 star accommodations, this is not it. If you are looking for friendly, down-home and helpfull people and a pleasant relaxing stay- You have struck gold!!

Road in from pavement is gravel, but not long.The hotel has had many owners and is from the 1800's. It is in a constant state of rebuilding and renewal. These construction noises were never at night or offended us during our stay, but you can see the workmen and paint cans during the day at the other end of this hotel.

Yup, take off yer shoes! Where are your manners anyway? Its all a part of this experience.

The spas are interesting and again we were not offended by local Spa customs- we waited till after 9 (when the locals get sent home) and had it all to ourselves! (my wife still insisted on suits- chagrin!, and the Spa supplied both suits and towels- no, they are not new, but they are clean and cover yer parts!).

The room was amazing for its antiques and its size- small; but how much room do you need in the 1800's? Besides, when I was asleep it didnt matter much. It appealed to the armchair cowboy in me.

Bed- comfy, Bathroom- tub and shower by request, and very clean and sufficient.

Cool GHOST story told by a steely-eyed front desk lady with a straight face.
Great trout pond out front. Actor Bill Pulman lives just down the hwy.

No dinner served at the hotel. Amen.
Listen to me, go to the local bar in town because they really do kick a fantastic beef dinner!!
Fred Flinstone dreams of these ribs and rib eyes!!!!! Locals there feel like your lost relatives and anybody gives a good conversation. Remember yer manners, and they treat you very warmly!

Oh, If anybody waves at you, just wave back. Thats a Montana drive-by custom. (the rest of the world still has stuff to learn...)

We bought the B&B package and breakfast the following morning was great!! Fresh everything and slanted towards the Spa's theme of good health foods based on local Native American style healing. (I personally would never sign up for that- but man o man was it good!) I left the table full- and probably more healthy!

This was a great weekend "Hoodle" for us and we were both very welcomed and surprised. So,Take off yer watch! Sit by the pool or Spa- the Wife and I look forward to meeting you there!!

Room Tip: Some rooms share the hall bathroom. Ask, if that aint yer style! They have in room as well.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1shoelace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulder
Elkhorn Mountain Inn
Elkhorn Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Montana City
Finlen Hotel and Motor Inn
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 1 in Whitehall

Been to Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!