“Lovely waters, really good for my body”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We are on an adventure to visit all the hot springs in Montana, and this was our 6th hot springs to explore. The building is spectacular with it's history and it is well cared for. The room was clean and very comfortable and cute. The mattresses are older, with no pillow tops, so the sleeping was standard, much like the other hot springs resorts we have visited. The lodging was good.

The pools are set up in a strange way. There is an open pool outside that looks like a traditional hotel swimming pool, with chain link fencing, swimming ropes and lots of families. the water was OK. The real soaking pools are inside each of the men's and women's dressing rooms. These pools are warm, clean, and fantastic, however, we were looking for a place to soak together and enjoy the waters. We were relegated to the men's soaking pool only for the hours of "co-ed" sharing on Saturdays. It was not easy to relax in a small soaking pool with so many people, indoors, and it was hot and stuffy.

The waters have a tremendous healing energy to them, their mineral composition is different than those in Hot Springs, Montana. I found them relaxing, medicinal, and healing. I would go there for the water alone, but the soaking experience is really for single gender events, not couples.

In addition to the limiting soaking environment for couples, there was breakfast only and no food on premises for dinners. We went into the town of Boulder as recommended by their wonderful staff and had a steak at the Windsor Bar. The Rib Eye and baked potato was outstanding, we had to share a steak it was so big! It was easy for us to eat in town because we enjoy red meat, but if you have any food restrictions, it would be hard to eat in Boulder.

The acreage surrounding the Inn has trails up into the hills, with beautiful views and a Seven Generation sculpture worth visiting.

We were glad we stayed with them but wish we could have had more time relaxing together like we have at other hot springs resorts.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a bathroom inside! See if they have a room with newer mattresses?
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhitefishandBeyond

Reviewed 22 April 2013

The hot springs are wonderful. So relaxing and comforting. My body appreciates going into the warm water and feels great afterwards.

I have asthma which gets worse when I am around cigarette smoke and I appreciate that the rooms are smoke free. I know that I can enjoy myself and not worry about my health. I also appreciate that it is alcohol free.

I like the surroundings - it is so beautiful and enjoy watching the cranes and looking at the mountains and taking walks in the countryside.

I highly recommend this place. The staff is helpful and informative and I've always felt welcomed and cared for.

Linda

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda24682468
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I just love this Boulder Hot Springs! I am from Germany and got to know the Hot springs some years ago and I come back again and again...
The water is very healing and it has a peaceful energy and surrounding. If you want to relax, soak in the waters, have a calm time inmidst of nature it is your place. And I appreciate a lot the individuell special furnituring in the rooms. There are differences in price and luxury and they are all special. And the interieur is chosen with care to build a familiar and interesting stay. Also the breakfast is very good. You can choose a lot of things what are served and they offer it with care for people with food allergies like me. I like it also very much that it is an alcohol free and cigarette free environement. For me that is very supporting to feel at home and relax.
The building is an old lady like a friend always says and that means you see the time gone by. I like that it is not perfect. And I see a lot of change and renovation over the years.
Boulder Hot Springshas gotten for me more a home like a hotel over the years. And I meet there with people from all over the world at conventions.
When you are in Montana I recommend to get a good soak or an overnight stay at the Hot Springs.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marianne R
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I love Boulder Hot Springs and have stayed there many times. The historical buildings bring you back to a by-gone era. Everything about the place helps me de-compress from the hectic lifestyle of the city. From soaking in the hot springs, swimming in the outdoor heated pool, taking in the view on the verandah in an old-fashioned wooden rocking chair to hiking up into the National Forest behind the building. I have seen sandhill cranes and blue herons in the marsh out front in the summer and also deer wandering down from the hills behind. I very much appreciate that they do not serve alcohol or permit smoking or drug use as I do not find drunken/ stoned people very peaceful or quiet. And it's the quiet I especially love there. So thank you very much Boulder Hot Springs staff and I'll be seeing you soon I hope!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This property didn't match the Inn's web page description. It has lots of potential, but much of the property is in only fair to poor condition. Our room was tastefully decorated and comfortable, but some of the public areas less attractive. The breakfast was very good, and staff friendly and helpful. Overall, we were disappointed in our stay at Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa.

Room Tip: Must get a room in the east block of the building. This building has been renovated and in generally...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I love this place. It's relaxing, old-world, and their locally grown food is tasty. We feasted there for Easter, hiked in the mountains out the back door in warm sunshine, then soaked our tired bones in the indoor plunge before heading out to float under a bright blue sky.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I loved the atmosphere here. And although this isn't a hotel review but more of an attraction review concerning their hot springs outside and inside. My wife, a travel agent for American Express and I frequent this place often when we are in the area.

I'm not sure about the rooms per say, but the nice cozy rooms they have for the hot springs are like a stranger told me the last time I was there "well you can't beat this".

Last time I was there the outside pool was 102 degrees, inside was 108 and the steam room was super steamy and just perfect. If you go during the early day or afternoon there isn't very many people usually and you can usually soak to your hearts content in peace.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulder
Finlen Hotel and Motor Inn
Elkhorn Mountain Inn
Elkhorn Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Montana City
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 1 in Whitehall

Been to Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!