“Lovely Accomodations”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I love coming to Boulder Hot Springs! The staff are friendly, courteous and inviting - as well as funny - I had a few laughs with them! The breakfasts are great, and the rooms are decorated with style. They are all "themed" around different subjects ranging from cowboys to roses. Their bed & breakfast option is wonderful and the "feel" of the place is very charming and rustic. There were obvious efforts made to keep the building as authentic as possible. I left feeling refreshed, calm and happy. Would recommend Boulder Hot Springs to anyone as a great place to rest, refill, and take-in the healing effects of the springs.

Room Tip: Bed & breakfast rooms are the largest.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen S

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a great place to stay if you want a quiet weekend. Typical of Montana hot springs, it's a bit funky but that's what makes it so great. Clean, cozy and great soaking pools. The rooms are charming. Keep an eye out for the ghosts who supposedly haunt the hotel.

Originally built in the 1890's, it was remodeled in the 40's and maintains that charm.

Breakfast is fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MontanaJulie
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Driving up to the hotel I thought, oh boy what is this place, it looks like a haunted house.
But once inside all those doubts vanished. This place is a gem and what history!! There are indoor and outdoor pools a steam room and cold plunge pool. The pools are open to the public until 8pm and there was a lot of rucus, kids running around and yelling..having tons of fun! However I waited until they all left till taking to the waters and had the whole place to myself. The room was charming, though a pocket door was not told about when booking and i could hear everything from the room next door, fortunately I spoke up and the guest turned his phone on silent. Breakfast was delicious and lovingly prepared. I booked a regular room and paid extra for the breakfast. If you are a couple then I would go for the b&b option as those rooms are much larger. Also ask for a room on the back side facing away from the pool, much quieter.
There are plenty of walks around the hotel but no decent restaurants, so bring snacks or food.
I loved this place and would return when up in the Northwest area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the courtyard/pool will be quieter. Ask about pocket doors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Claudia M
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had a hard time deciding on this, based on reviews and website. No beds larger than doubles, and we had to book a "B & B" room (more money, b'fast included) to get a room with two dbls and a private bath. It was a Sunday, and could find no info online anywhere about places nearby to eat, so opted to have a big lunch in Helena before heading there. (Turns out, there were a pizza place & a bar with food in Boulder that appeared to be open on Sunday, but nothing special.) The lobby was *stifling* hot, but our Calif Mission Room was very pleasant and cool. They give you big robes to wear around, which is nice. The outdoor pool was fairly shallow pool with an unattractive chain link surround (and the only pool they put chemicals in, b'c it's not drained daily). But once we got in the 95 degree water, then were cooled by the mountain breeze, we were hooked. Sunday night was "coed" soak, so men's hot indoor soak was open to all, but it was too hot and a little airless. The women's side has nice cross ventilation, is a bit less hot, and has a cold water plunge, too (the men's has only a cold shower). The place really grew on us. We were the only overnight guests (though many locals use pools), so after 9 pm, we had the run of the place. And a morning soak before b'fast on Monday was divine, as was the b'fast itself, made by Connie: fresh fruit/yogurt, veggie omelet, fresh OJ, potatoes, bacon and toast! A lovely person and a great cook! ( And we got to say what time we wanted to eat, which was nice, and ate in our robes!) The entire place isn't renovated, and I'm still confused as to what parts are what, but we hated to leave, it was so relaxing and peaceful. NB: you need to ask at front desk if you want shampoo or soap in your room. None is automatically put there, as a 'green' measure. They do have wifi (though no TVs in rooms). My laptop didn't work on it, but my husband's did. But you will be so relaxed, you will be glad technology didn't intrude on your stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LuckyWest
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I really enjoyed the pools. Great to be able to soak in the warm water without having to put on a suit. Healing water gives me energy for the day. They clean the indoor pools every night, so they don't have to put chemicals into the water, which makes it much healthier.There are different rooms. Some have a bathroom, some don't. Some are wonderful cool in summer, some are on the upper floor and quite warm. But every room is decorated nice and special. I found everybody very friendly. Breakfast was lovely and abundant. (I had different experiences during my trip through the States). The old building is not completely renovated, and it has a good atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms at the first floor are not so hot in summer.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank beatrix a
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was quiet; rooms are charming and full of character. Be sure to indicate if you want a room with a full bathroom as I heard some did not have that option (we did and the towels were luxurious). The pools were clean and it was nice to have co-ed and gender-specific pools. They also provided robes to wear around the hotel which made it easy to move from room to pools back to the room. There was no restaurant on-site for dinner so had to go into Boulder for dinner. The Sunday breakfast was included in our rate and they had an organic and healthy selection of items. I am a big breakfast person so would have preferred other alternate hot items but everything tasted good. The breakfast ladies were very kind and generous and had great tips on things to do in the area (Lewis & Clark Caverns!). Absolutely stay here if you get a chance: the charming boutique hotel before boutique hotels were all the rage.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Vanessa G
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Unique, clean, quiet , pools delightful. It is located in a quiet country setting.The building is beautiful and the east half restored. We didn't eat at their restaurant but it probably would be excellent. This was a great find. There is no air conditioning or tv- if you want that stay in Butte.(they do provide fans)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TripMember10042016

Been to Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!