“beignets only on Sunday???”
Review of Cafe Zydeco

Cafe Zydeco
Ranked #57 of 236 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
St. George, Utah
“beignets only on Sunday???”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

wife wanted beignets so we waited in line to order only to be told that they only make them on Sunday. She opted for bread pudding. Is was as good as one would find in most cafes in the south and the whiskey sauce was tasty. I had shrimp and grits. I had made them for dinner 2 nights prior and wanted to see how they were prepared here. The grits more resembled fried polenta than the cheese grits I am used to. The sauce was very good and very cajun. Most people think shrimp and grits are cajun but they are the official state dish of South Carolina and found everywhere throughout the south. There are many interpretations of the dish. The shrimp were lightly breaded and fried. This is a little unusual but they were cooked properly. All in all I would give them a favorable rating especially compared to the other food we have found in Bozeman. I would recommend this place and I will eat here again before leaving Bozeman.

• Visited May 2014

Denver
“Good food and portions ”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Went here based in other reviews. Were not disappointed. The food was good and the portions were generous. Only lost a star because they were out of multiple menu items on the day we were there.

Bozeman, Montana
“Delicious every time”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

It's one of those places that you don't have to have the same thing every time because mostly everything on the menu is so good that it's always rewarding when I order something new! Maybe a little pricey, but worth it in the end! Love this place :)

• Visited February 2014
“Average Meal”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I had the BBQ po boy with pork. Overall it wasn't bad but by the time I received my meal the bread on the sandwich was all soggy. The place was busy for lunch though, so maybe other people have had better luck with their food.

1 Thank 406Foodie
Bozeman
“Constant craving! and Sunday breakfast!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

What a delight! The menu is extensive, and I'm slowly working my way through the whole thing. So far, everything I've had here is very delicious. My current favorite is the Shrimp and Grits. I just can't get enough of that! So good.

If you've tried going out for breakfast in Bozeman on Sunday morning, you know it's always a wait anyplace downtown. That's why I was thrilled to find out that Zydeco is open for breakfast on Sundays... and not only that, but I could have crawfish etoufee omelet, beignet and coffee in this really lovely setting. This is my new absolute must go-to Sunday morning spot. I recommend that in addition to your breakfast order, you request a takeout po boy or entree for later.

Lots of reviewers here have commented that they miss the old location. I for one LOVE the new location. The south-facing sunny window tables here are so much more to my liking than the old, dark venue. I just feel happy here!

• Visited December 2013