“Ted's Montana grill was a thrill!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #6 of 234 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
CHARLOTTE
“Ted's Montana grill was a thrill!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

For some reason the vast supply of trout is not served in many restaurants in Bozeman, a meat city. I was bored with eating meat and dined on mountain trout at this restaurant, a big treat after so many meat meals. The trout was cooked to my liking and served with two sides. The beer and wine selection was good yet I can't remember the name of my chardonnay. Service was prompt and polite without being overbearing. I recommend this restaurant for non-meat dining when you find yourself craving fish.

• Visited May 2014

Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Bison was terrific”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I've never had a bison burger before, so I had to try it. I was afraid it would be gamely or tough as I've heard it can be. It was easily the best burger I've ever had. Melt in your mouth, tasty and great flavor. The #11 was very good. The house salad was disappointing - way over dressed. If you don't like your salad soppy, make sure to ask for dressing on the side.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cindi S
Bozeman, Montana
“The service made up for the kitchen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

With the positive reviews everywhere, we went in with some high expectations in Feb. The server was outstanding. The kitchen must have been having a communication problem. First we ordered the prime rib only to find out that they were out, then ordered steaks with sweet potatoes, then found they were out of sweet potatoes. Switched to baked, and they came up one short on the potatoes. One steak was ordered medium well, and came to the table very rare.

The problem though was handled very well, both by the server and the manager. I would say that during the problem I thought I may never return. But by the time we left, due to the service, we were happy. I will give it another try.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pat W
Bozeman, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Pleasant decor, good service and consistently good simple food. Their specialty is bison in various forms. Absolutely outstanding burgers and a wide variety of burger offerings. Really good bar. You can't go wrong!

• Visited February 2014
Pittsburgh
“Great atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Really enjoyed dinner here. The restaurant is located in a beautiful building also housing a delicious chocolate shop. The atmosphere is western and attractive. I had bison short ribs with mashed potatoes. The bison was delicious as was the gravy and potatoes. It was tender and flavorful. My dinner mates enjoyed their food as well. Several at our table got the apple caramel cobbler with ice cream. It was served in an enormous bowl and it was delicious. We could not finish it all. I would recommend sharing this dessert.

• Visited March 2014