“Not bad, not spectacular. ”

The Bay Bar and Grille
Ranked #74 of 240 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College
Transit: The Streamline makes a stop just outside of the mall entrance located next to the restaurant.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend brought me here on a date this evening. We walked in and the bartender told us it was open seating and to seat ourselves, so we did. It was close to 10 minutes before a waiter appeared. My boyfriend actually asked if I thought someone was going to come talk to us and I had thoughts of walking out and going elsewhere, when finally, our waiter appeared. My boyfriend ordered the ribeye, medium rare with a salad and French onion soup. I ordered the shrimp risotto. I wish I had gone for the steak. It was tender, flavorful, juicy and delicious. The soup was very good also. With the first bite of my risotto I contemplated sending it back. I can't remember having ever felt that way about a meal before. I took a couple of more bites and once I got a bite of shrimp with the rice it wasn't so bad, but I've definitely had better risotto. For an appetizer we ordered the lobster dip with pita bread. The lobster dip was probably the best part of my meal. Boyfriends dinner was fantastic, mine was so-so. I'm sure we'll be back, but next time skip the seafood.

1  Thank Monica T
There are newer reviews for The Bay Bar and Grille

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I had a quick snack in the bar. We ordered a beer each and the shrimp wontons. The Bay has served the wontons for years and are always a hit with us. They are hot and crispy and served with hot mustard and sweet & sour sauce. I use both dips and they are excellent. The beer could be colder but overall the experience at the Bay is always excellent. They have three sizes of wontons to choose from so they can be ordered by couples and singles. Love them and recommend them highly.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Food was really good, and the service was great. The Bay has a nice atmosphere and is conveniently located for many activities

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stopped in on a date night after a movie in the mall. We had a nice romantic table and Chance, the server, was a real pro. The prices on the menu are reasonable with plenty to choose from. Our food came quickly and I was very glad to find a spot that does fish and chips right.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Had a great dinner. Warning..... All is ala carte. Two meals, pork chops and scallops with an appetizer one drink 63.00. The lady who seated us seemed to have no interest in us but rather getting us to a table a getting back to chatting with her friends. Again, nice food.