“Bizarre trip back in time”

The Lewis & Clark Motel of Bozeman
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Montana
“Bizarre trip back in time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2007

We booked this motel only because of some last-minute mixup (our fault) about the date of the Montana State University graduation ceremony, and this was the only motel with rooms available. Now I see why. I had not seen flocked wallpaper in decades until we stayed here, and it's as ugly as I remember it. The only entrance to the room was a sliding glass door which didn't close properly, and the room itself was rather dingy. The too-loud Muzak seemed to play mostly Sinatra.

On the bright side, our family got some good laughs out of all the anachronisms, and the motel was definitely not like all the Super 8, Motel 6, etc. sterile motels. L&C was in the middle of a remodel, so maybe it's better now. Still, I have no desire to stay here ever again.

• Liked — That it had a room available at a very busy time in Bozeman
  • Disliked — The terrible decor and the lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank MT_Travel_Mom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2006

This property isn't even worth the time it takes to write a review. But hopefully this will save a few consumers & maybe management will buy a cyber-clue and take some of my $100 and invest it back into the property...The only access to my room was through a sliding glass door, with curtains that closed about 95%, and a door lock that had to be turned 3 times before it engaged. After picking my bed, I tried the tv remote which didn't work, so a polite young lady quickly came to program another one--this was the only good thing that happened. After a little tube time I was ready for a shower so I headed to the back of my room to prep my clothes and grooming supplies. I then noticed a hole in the wall, cracks in the wall and ceiling, and a big round stain on the ceiling. Heading into the bathroom, there was one bar of soap and no shampoo. Luckily, I bring my own... While taking my shower, I couldn't help but notice the dark yellow stains all over the ceiling, and the stained retirement-ready shower curtain. Drying off w/the bleach white towels helped, but the place still looked and felt dirty. After settling into the comfortable bed (ok 2 good things), I called the front desk for a 5am wake up call and nodded off to sleep. Upon waking at 7:30 sharp, I strolled down to the office where I was told I should have set my own alarm. Had I been on business, this would have been a major issue. Instead, I laughed off the irresponsible insult and told myself I'd send out my own cyber-clues!

• Liked — leaving...
  • Disliked — it was dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid this place...
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
12 Thank 4hire

Travellers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2005

Decent price and great location but even in our "updated room" the non-light blocking curtains resulted in waking up at sunrise and needing to improvise with bedspreads. The door lock was marginal and the housekeeping staff did not make sure the door was locked when they left. The motel-wide Muzak was clearly audible in the room and we had no control over the speaker right outside the room door. The motel was in the middle of a remodel and we did not appreciate the power saws and hammering between 9 and 12 p.m. If the town hadn't been full up with tourists on a holiday weekend, we would have been out of this place immediately.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank CrawfordII
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2005

This place is old and expensive, the odor of musk and dirt permeates throughout the motel. The little plastic pond in the lobby had mold in it and my kids would have gotten sick if the touched it. I would take my money to another motel to spend on a newer motel.

• Stayed January 2005