“Tons of amenities for such a low price”

The Lewis & Clark Motel of Bozeman
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This motel was incredible! My partner and I were moving from NC to WA and stayed in 6 or 7 other motels across the country. The Lewis and Clark was by far the best. The rooms were big, clean, and cozy. There is a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The hotel its self has free wifi, a guest computer and printer, free coffee, tea, and cookies. It also has toiletries, snacks, and beer for sale in the lobby. And it's in downtown bozeman!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Rumbling thunder, rushing waterfalls and pounding hooves – meaning: heavy, old sliding glass doors are the way in to every room and they rumble like thunder every time that they are opened and closed. Along with very old plumbing that creaks and crashes with a rush of water every time a neighbor uses it. Add to that the creaking and thumping in the floors/ceilings every time someone takes a step. The night we stayed was clearly musical room party night, because from 2-4am there was coming and going and flushing and showering and the stampede of a herd of hooves in the rooms overheard. The lack of integrity or accountability of the staff just added insult to injury – gotta love that “there is nothing I can do” line. We’re willing to put up with a lot, we're not squeamish about dirt, but there is nothing worse than paying any amount of money for a place where you get zero sleep. The Lewis & Clark Motel is not funky or retro or hip, it is just dirty and old with a lot of differed maintenance. Saying that it is a rip off would be kind – take your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Spend a little more time looking for a better hotel and take your money elsewhere.
5  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I don't do motels, I mean I really don't do motels. I usually pamper myself with four star accommodations when I travel, but this really isn't available in Bozeman. Upon my sisters request I conceded for a cheaper lodging accommodation and booked a room at this motel. I think the last time I stayed in a motel I was still a college student. All doubts are erased the minute you walk into their family owned, historic lobby. You can see the love and care of each generation that this family owned business has put into it. The customer service rivals that of some of the best resorts I've stayed at. The amenities are jaw dropping for a "motel". And everything is clean, really clean. For anyone that has ever traveled through Montana, it doesn't take long to realize that cleanliness isn't on everyone's top priority list. If I haven't been able to convince you by now, it's your loss, not theirs. Thank you Lewis and Clark for such a memorable stay. Tippy

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 21 July 2012

From the nostalgic 50's music to the proximity to downtown Bozeman, The Lewis and Clark Motel was the perfect location for the first night of our recent vacation to Montana. We wanted to be within walking distance to downtown. We felt right at home the moment we entered the lobby. Lisa, manager, was very friendly and helpful. We immediately felt like we had known her for a long time. We took advantage of the many resources available in the lobby. Lisa even went out of her way to get us directions to a store we had asked about. She also recommended a great restaurant for dinner. The nostalgic 50's music was perfect for the setting. We had a lovely room on the first floor. It was large and clean. I loved the bed. We had a comfortable nights sleep. We enjoyed the continental breakfast, especially the banana bread. Check out the coffee, Cravens. Had never had it before. It was great. As we couldn't purchase it locally, Lisa even sent us on our way with some. This was a great place to start our vacation. We would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I liked this place - it was great to have a change from the chain motels and stay somewhere locally run. They were very friendly, the rooms were reasonably priced, large and clean, with comfortable beds. Especially liked the piped 50s music in the car park! Sure, it's a bit older, but I thought it had a lot of charm and the location is great - you can walk to all the restaurants and shops. The home made banana bread in the morning was lovely too.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

The price was right, the lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful, the beds were just OK, and the refrigerator and microwave were nice. But, this place needed remodeling 20 years ago. The fuzzy wallpaper is peeling of and the carpet and upholstery are absolutely disgusting. The walls are paper thin. Find someplace else.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank bobr412
Reviewed 24 March 2012

my husband and I stayed here on our way to Fargo ND. we had already drove for 14 hours and were more than ready for some rest. this motel was the only one with any rooms as a basketball tournament was going on that wknd. the price of our room was $80 by time we checked out. the door to the room was a slider right off the parking lot... we were not pleased but it worked for a single night stay. the room was large and the walls where thin.

• Stayed: March 2012