“Thank goodness the sheets were at least clean!”

The Lewis & Clark Motel of Bozeman
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I think the most aggravating factor was the price. $160.00 for this room. No way should it have been this high. Unfortunately with the extra business from the Sturgis biker rally, Bozeman was sold out. So, the sheets were clean but still. The bathroom sink leaked, the tub wouldn 't drain, & the carpets were badly stained. The coffee maker made what looked like weak tea. After driving all day we were grateful for a bed but that price is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully they 're using it to fix the rooms!! I will say friendly service & good location.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in need of TLC but is going to get it & return to the spectacular place it must have been when new. The room was okay - clean & comfortable - lots of channels on the cable - the bathroom was upgraded and very clean. Charming lobby & friendly staff always greet guests with a smile. The banana bread is all it's advertised to be. Scrumptious! The co-op is next door for fresh, delicious, healthy, organic everything. We really enjoyed our two night stay at the L & C.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I had a last minute stop and needed a place to stay; everything was sold out in Bozeman/Belgrade for some big event that was going on. The only place in town that had anything available was this hotel (which should have been a warning). We reluctantly took a room, and after all the taxes, it was around $150. As soon as we walked into the room I was mad. I could not believe how extremely over priced it was. Everything in the room was dated, in poor condition, and had a horrible old hotel smell. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, and the room was too hot. On a good note, the staff was very nice and helpful, and the location was good. Overall, I would NOT recommend the hotel unless there was absolutely no other option.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Adamula
Reviewed 28 July 2013

When I first rolled into Bozeman on a Saturday night, I saw the Lewis & Clark and thought, "What a cool, 60s-looking motel!" It had a large blinking marquee and looked clean. I thought it would be neat to stay there, but then moved on to try and find a room in a new hotel across town.

No luck. Everything booked solid. Got online. Who's got rooms? Yup, Lewis & Clark. I booked a room online. I was desperate, so I paid the $175 that I wouldn't normally pay for a motel. But the sun was going down and we were beat after being on the road all day. The lobby is very dated and kitschy, but the staff were friendly to a fault. They booked me in quickly and told me about the complimentary breakfast the next day and pointed in the direction of the workout room and jacuzzi.

We checked into the room that, save for the LCD TV on the wall, looked right out of the 60s. Even the bathroom wasn't updated. It was fairly clean, but there was an empty water bottle and maybe a sock behind the dresser. The AC in the wall at the back of the room was definitely from the 60s. But hey, it worked great and kept the large room very cool. I actually kinda enjoyed this funky little place. I also liked the fact that all the rooms' walls facing the parking lot are floor-to-ceiling windows with curtains drawn across them. Groovy, daddio!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Retro and different. A great one night stay for us - family with 3 kids. Our room had new mattresses on the beds. The rather old fashioned extra sink in the room was perfect for a stay with 2 teenagers. Friendly staff and the best reception area if you are looking for something a bit different. Great homemade banana bread for the continental breakfast. If you want a sterile chain motel and a plastic breakfast this is probably not the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

$185 a night for a filthy, out-dated smelly room in a shady location. Does not justify $40 a night, much less $207 with taxes. Furniture had questionable stains, room stank and fixtures looked straight out of the 60's. Many undesirable characters lurking around as well. 3 locks on outside patio door that opened to parking lot and kids still were scared to sleep in bed closest to door. Passing through area on cross-country military move and no military rate offered. Under-staffed, but friendly.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Kevin I
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel is serious need of a remodel/refresh. It could be a great boutique hotel, but it's just a dump now. The staff was very friendly though, which is a shame. They should move on to another place. Cigarette butts all over the cracked parking lot was not a good sign. Room was musty and I was sick that I had to walk on the carpet. Comforter had cigarette holes (change out the laundry since 1983?). We booked two nights and left after one. We were going to give this place two stars but after thinking about it one is more than enough. I guess a positive is you can walk to downtown Bozeman (nice area) and/or the campus. But our opinion is don't go here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple