“Wretched to the point of being comical.”

The Lewis & Clark Motel of Bozeman
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Our standards aren't terribly high, but we draw the line at moldy carpets and cigarette holes in sheets & blankets. When I complained, we were actually kicked out of the hotel at midnight. True story! First time in my life I can say in all honesty I preferred sleeping in a car over sleeping in a motel room. It's a shame, because this place could have quirky charm. So many of the new chain hotels are situated just off the interstate; they lack character and proximity to the heart of a city's historic down town. In that respect, we often prefer unique accomodations, but "unique" need not include filth and abysmal customer service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank jplrk

Reviewed 27 June 2010

I have stayed at Lewis and Clark multiple times and each time my experience is better. Proprietor Lisa Sebena and her staff are phenomenal. There is nothing they can't do, provide or help with. My room is always spotless, inviting, warm and comfortable. A home away from home. I feel welcomed and wanted. The lobby is just like your own living room and Lisa's morning breakfast spread just what you need to start the day! The most convenient location in Bozeman, to MSU, to downtown, to any service you need. All within walking distance. The staff is knowledgable, courteous, most helpful and gracious. On top of that you get great value and the biggest rooms in Bozeman. Who needs to stay at the chain motels isolated out on the interstate that all look alike, be different, stay at the Lewis and Clark!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Heart of downtown location was important to me, as was the reasonable rate. I was pleasantly surprised by the clean room (non-smoking; smoking rooms are available) and ample amenities like hot tub, WiFi, A/C, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc. Also included in the price were full breakfast, desserts in the evening, well-equipped fitness center and more.

What really prompted me to write my first ever hotel review was the truly exceptional service. For example, the staff had another guest move their car so I may park right in front of my room. When I needed assistance, they were prompt and coureous. I come to Bozeman often, and bar far the Lewis & Clark is the best choice -- and the best value for the money!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Ungar0
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We just spent one night at this establishment - but we had a very pleasant stay. The staff were all very friendly and more than willing to assist us. Our room was very comfortable - had all the amenities of a 3 diamond property. Housekeeping was excellent. Great location to downtown Bozeman and the university.

On our next visit to Bozeman we will definitely return to the Lewis & Clark!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2010

It was old and had a wierd smell. Some shady characters hanging around. Way overpriced. Dont go there.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cgaltrip
Reviewed 31 May 2010

From the moment I walked into the Lewis & Clark, I was overwhelmed by its charm, The lobby is an experience in and of itself, and makes the temptation to stay there hard to resist. It is simultaneously expansive and cozy, and more like a large living room-kitchen than a motel lobby. It's full of chairs, tables, couches, books, magazines, complimentary snacks, a television, a computer, and plenty of literature about all Bozeman and the rest of Montana has to offer. Equally charming and inviting is the staff! I dealt primarily with Lisa, who was at my beck and call from the moment I arrived and not only accessible and accomodating but genuinely concerned about meeting my needs. I'm also convinced she has a doppleganger because in the two weeks I was there, I never saw her leave! It's right in the heart of Downtown Bozeman and surrounded by plenty of stores, restaurants, and nightlife. Obviously there are plenty of other hotels in the area but they're not located in the center of town. I usually stay at the chains being on the road so much...however, I've found many of them have false advertising, hidden charges, and sometimes with the less expensive ones (the ones that the Lewis & Clark are competitive with price-wise) the rooms are not uniform. At the Lewis & Clark, all the rooms are the same price, outfitted with micro-fridge units, coffee makers, WIFI, and plenty of room to spread out. There's really nothing bad to say about this place and there's definitely more good to say but I could go on forever so I think that should cover it! For the record, if this review sounds like "an inside job" I assure you it's not...it's only because I am terminally on the road and have plenty to compare it with. I usually shy away from inns & lodges & B&Bs, etc., b/c you never know what you're getting which is why I am so passionate about what a gem this place really is and how lucky I feel to have come across it. I only planned on staying in Bozeman for one week and at this place for one night thinking it would probably fall short, but I ended up staying for two weeks only because I found this place. For the price, you won't find anything else like it! Enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2010

What a find- we came to Bozeman to see our daughter who had just finished a year as an exchange student at the university . we stopped 4 days before touring Montana, Yellowstone, Tetons etc . The rooms are large and comfy with television, coffee machine, fridge, microwave. great free breakfast, delicious coffee and a hot punch, homemade cupcakes and banana cake available all the time in reception. computer with printer for guests use. The Motel is central with both the town center and the university only a few minutes walk away. Best of all though was Lisa the manageress and the staff who were so friendly and accommodating and could not do enough for you.
We stopped at numerous motels during our holiday, and this was by far the best (and the least expensive) We even arranged to stay a further 2 days at the end of our stay in the USA before flying back to England. If we were ever in that part of the world again, we would call just to say Hi, even if they were booked up.
P.S - beware - Jigsaws are addictive!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple