“Close to Attractions” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Close to Attractions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I usually don’t worry about all of the fancy stuff hotels offer, nor do I typically take the time to write a review. However, after my stay at the TLC Inn I feel obligated to help out the staff. Everyone I encountered was nice and very helpful. I was looking for a hotel that wouldn’t break the bank, but was close to the activities I was interested in and this one fit the bill perfectly. It is very close to Big Sky Skiing and Bridger Bowl (neither of which were open during my visit, but I am planning a trip back when they are and am staying at this hotel). During this trip to Montana, my boyfriend and I wanted a place where we could spend most of our time on the water. TLC is also near 3 of the major fly fishing rivers and amazing hiking trials, which is exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLC-INN-Management, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for choosing TLC Inn while in the Bozeman area. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful surroundings. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers. We look forward to seeing you again while in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bozeman, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our stay at the TLC in was wonderful. It is close to Wal-Mart witch is great when you have 3 kids. Its just around the corner from great fishing and food. The staff was great with our kids. The interstate exit is close by and there is a laundrymat near by.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLC-INN-Management, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us, as we enjoyed having you and your family as our guests. Thank you again for choosing the TLC Inn as your home away from home.
Corona, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

The staff was very helpful and since I need to leave for the airport in the morning, the location was good too. The staff let me pick my own room!It offered free wifi and the room was comfortable. It was also close to a lot of restaurants and department stores and located right to the free way. But it was very noisy. I didn't get a good sleep because I could hear the voice of everybody on the hallway and next to my room. I also thought the hotel was haunted since it was right behind a grave yard and there were foot steps in my room for the whole night.

Room Tip: don't pick the room on the first floor since they are kind of underground
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing TLC Inn while you were in Bozeman. We pride ourselves in providing a positive experience and appreciate you taking the time to leave us an online review. We are under new management and are upgrading the hotel in a variety of ways. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
livin42day
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Everyone in this area is overpriced except this hotel. Just off the highway offramp, Near Walmart & restraunts. The price was very reasonable compared to others and the staff area knowledgable and friendly. The hot tub was a welcome addition. Hot breakfast served as a time saver when trying to get back on the road. The room was clean and having a fridge & microwave was an additional converience. No charge for WIFI (like Motel 6) nice large lobby with comfortable seating for eating or couches to rest on and watch TV in case you didnt want to be cooped up in the room.
I have stayed here 2 times and will do so when in the area again. Matter if fact it's saved in my GPS. I travel alot and sometimes staying in an off brand hotel where I don't have to wait until 3pm to check in makes the difference in where I chose to stay. Gone are the days when checkin was 11am and checkout was 11am and you got your moneys worth.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank livin42day
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

There were few choices for rooms in Bozeman on last Sunday night. Motel 6, Rodeway, C'mon Inn, all full. Only other room was $150 at a Holiday Inn Express. This was the last day of a 2 week trip for family business so we just needed a place to flop for under $100. Room was clean and passed my litmus test which is: Are you comfortable going bare footed in the room, and are you comfortable laying on the bedspread sans clothing. TMI? Maybe. Anyway, room was clean and big enough. I paid an extra $10 for 2 queens. Bathroom was tiny. Exterior needs paint. Doors to rooms and woodwork was all scratched. No coffee maker in room. Toilet paper was slick 1 ply like the bathroom at the corner gas station. No shampoo or toiletries. Door to maids/utility room propped open. I closed it. My room was $99 plus tax. The Roadway next door was much nicer and I think $25 more.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sparky2222

Travellers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

This one night motel was more than we wanted to pay ($80), but Bozeman hotels in July (near Yellowstone) seem to run high. So this seemed like a decent value compared to others. It did have a hot tub, which tripped our choice in its favor. We spent a comfortable night and enjoyed ourselves. Breakfast was adequate. Service was good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

As always, I followed the reviews here at TA and they led me to this offbeat little place. It's a bit on the weird side, but that's part of the charm. I don't feel like I made any sacrifices in staying here vs the big brands and I saved some money too.
The hotel was a slight trick to find, tucked in and surrounded by several chain hotels. Entering the lobby there was nothing unusual, just clean and orderly. At the desk however, I was struck by the fact that they seem to have no computerized management system. The girl had to pull my info from a stack of paper reservations! And the end of the process, she handed me a key! Not a key card mind you, but an actual metal key! Retro, huh?
There were no surprises entering the room, everything was clean and as it should be. Slightly odd: the A/C is an in-wall unit that looks kind of like the one you might have in your window at home. No problem, just another "different" thing about the hotel. I ran it all night and it cooled just fine and wasn't too noisy.
The room comes with a new, clean microwave and fridge, and that's a nice upgrade from most of the hotels I've stayed at in the past two months. The TV is a CRT, not a flat-screen, but is fairly new I think. The (free) WiFi signal is strong and is wide open - no annoying passcodes to type in or advertising pages to wade through just to get online (I'm talking to you Select Inn). The bed was comfortable enough (though the pillows kind of flat), the room was quiet and I slept well. The morning breakfast was mostly cold - cereal, muffins, bagels. The hotel is a short drive from downtown Bozeman if you want a really good breakfast. The ONE thing that I found unpleasant was that 1) the shower faucet had one of those old-style pull-out-to-turn-on handles, and that was on backwards from usual - turn clockwise = hot, counter-clockwise=cold, 2) water pressure was on the low side, and 3) during the course of a shower the water temps would vary wildly, going from comfortable to *very* hot from out of nowhere, then from comfortable to cold the next minute. This happened 3-4 times during my one shower. The backwards handle plus the surprise medium to hot temperature fluctuation could lead to some minor scalding while the confusion was sorted out.
All things considered I'd stay at this hotel again unless the competitors were offering the same amenities for less $ which was definitely not the case in late July.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo