“Excellent Place to Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bozeman
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way back from Wyoming. The reception was great and the staff were extremely courteous and friendly. The room was great and exceeded our expectation. We stayed in Hilton Garden Inn which is a few hundred yards away, on our way to Wyoming and Wow! Homewood Suite was cheaper and a much better deal than the former. As the name implies the room was a Suite with a much affordable price and a lot of amenities. The room came with a free evening meal and free breakfast too! I only wish they could make a small change to their menu and come up with a more traditional and healthy choice. (we were not so much crazy about Burrito, Sauer Kraut, Brat and heavy items-A simple Omelet or Scrambled egg will make an excellent substitute) We will always stay in Homewood anywhere we could find one in our future trips.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Great location, terrific rates, huge room with super comfy beds and lots of pillows. Plenty of amenities, lovely common areas with beautiful art work. I only stayed one night and didn't get to use a lot the extras, but sleep quality alone makes this 5 stars. Lots of parking with easy access. Very clean, quiet and secluded. This is an impressive property from the inside and out. Awesome mountain views from both my bedroom and living area. Convenient access to both downtown and the airport. For the money, I'd stay hear again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This is a great hotel. Our suite was spotless. The western decor is very fitting for the Montana location. The staff was friendly, and the location is convenient to I-90 and to downtown Bozeman.

This hotel does not have parking all the way around the hotel like many locations. The rooms near the front have the best access to both parking and an elevator. THere is a second elevator at the back of the hotel, but it is not convenient to parking.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night on part of a 10 day road trip. We were very impressed. From our friendly greeting upon check in to our room and a good night's sleep. This is another newer establishment. Our room was very large, studio apartment-like, with a kitchen, and a walk-in shower. The room was very clean, the king-size bed very comfortable, and very quiet. The 'included' breakfast was also tasty and selection was a little greater, offering an egg dish and potatoes, in addition to most 'continental' breakfasts offered on the road.

Room Tip: This Hotel is larger than it looks. There are long hallways, that end with another hallway. While it...
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The property is very pretty and clean. The staff member Dannette was rude! We booked two nights and were expecting a refrigerator as an amenity. They gave us a room with a non working refrigerator. The first thing we did when we arrived was use the restroom and then wash our hands. After that I went to put our food in the fridge and there was a sign that it was out of order. I went down to the desk to ask about the possibility of switching to a room with a fridge. She said they were all out and plus, "You used the room." I explained that I wouldn't have used it had I known the fridge was not working. She argued and when I asked for a manager she told me there weren't any and that she was a "top notch employee" so it didn't matter. I told her that I thought she would be slipping down a few notches because of her customer service skills. She argued another 5 minutes and agreed that I had been nice. Then, magically said there was a room available. How'd she get another room when she berated me about using the toilet and said they were full? Why didn't she offer me the satisfaction guarantee that they supposedly offer? Why didn't I have a fridge when I reserved the room several weeks out and I'm a silver Hilton Honors member? It was awkward because she also must have worked 12 hour shifts because she was always there.

Also, at 8:50 am they were out of a lot of things like waffle batter, etc. I asked the employee who had been loudly chatting with a woman in the kitchen instead of stocking the breakfast food and he finally replaced some of it nicely.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter. Don't use the bathroom until you check that everything...
2  Thank RenieT3
BZNHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel and your candid feedback on your stay. I'm very sorry to hear that you received a poor level of service from our front desk agent. This is not typical of our staff and I assure you I have addressed the issue. We strive to make every guest feel valued and have the best stay possible. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Dawn Moorman

Reviewed 26 August 2012

There have been some very good (and descriptive) reviews on Tripadvisor on this hotel recently, so I won't bother to repeat what they have said, but add on our own experience. We flew into Bozeman a couple of weeks ago at the start of a trip into Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks and decided to stay overnight in Bozeman and get an early start the next day. We booked a king studio suite using our Hilton Honors points. Upon our arrival we were pleasantly greeted and the remainder of our stay there was excellent. The "light dinner" that evening was stuffed green peppers (very tasty) and breakfast the next morning was standard Homewood Suites fare, which was entirely satisfactory. Our suite was on the 4th floor facing the Bridger Mountains and the freeway; the view was beautiful, but the freeway noise was a bit loud at times with the semi trucks rolling by. It's a toss-up--ask for a room in back if you need it quiet, but in front if you like to see the mountains. On a positive note, being so close to interstate made it easy to hop onto it the next morning on our way to Yellowstone!

1  Thank easw
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Chose this location since 1.5 hrs from north entrance of Yellowstone. Right next to highway. Newer property. 2 queen beds with sofa bed. Kitchenette. Complimentary breakfast and "light" dinner during weekday. Front desk helpful with recommendations for dinner. Asked for extra towels before we left for dinner - and they were in room when we got back. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor room - away from highway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family