“Over priced” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainbow Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rainbow Motel
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
“Over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I found this hotel online on a trip through Bozeman. It had good reviews but seemed pricey (I think we paid $90/ night). There were three of us traveling and the only thing available was two connected rooms with full beds. We desperately needed a room so we booked it on the phone. The good thing was the rooms were clean, but they were very small and we had very little space for luggage. In the room I stayed in there was a lamp next to the bed, but when I turned it on it didn't work. I realized it was not plugged in. I looked around for an outlet and there was not an outlet to be found. I thought this was quite strange- why provide a lamp without an outlet to plug plug it into....? I found this annoying since I always read before going to bed. My other disappointment was that there was not a blow dryer in the room. I would not give this hotel a poor rating if the price had been lower. With tax we paid $102. Also, the wireless did not work. They did provide a simple continental breakfast which wasn't bad.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Susan L
rainbow058, Owner at Rainbow Motel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Mrs. Susan Leapley:
I want to thank you for your review. The problems that you had would have been very easily fixed if you would have just dialed 0 we are always available 24/7 to fix most every problem. The outlet for the lamp in the front bedroom was right behind the nightstand the and outlet for the back bedroom was behind the bed. We could have walked out and plugged that in for you. We have hairdryers here in the office for our customers that we would have been glad to get you no questions asked. As far as the wifi goes when you called I told you the only room we had left with 2 beds was this room but the wifi access for this room is in the lobby. We tell all customers this when these particular rooms are booked so there is no confusion.
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jawbone Flats, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Utterly exhausted from a 700 mile drive, I showed up early at the Rainbow to see if maybe they'd take pity on me and let me check in early. Boy was I surprised when they actually switched me into a different room that would be done sooner so I could get some desperately needed shut-eye. My room was very clean (the carpet, bedspread, furniture all looked brand new) and very quiet. My stay in Bozeman was fantastic thanks to the Rainbow. I would stay here again any time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank forensicanthro10
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Really clean and good heater. Wonderfully hot shower. Basic but very good value for money. Breakfast is also provided which is simple (coffee, doughnuts, cereal, muesli bars, fruit) but sometimes that is all you need.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Andrew D
Killdeer, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Spent 5 days in Bozeman for surgery and really enjoyed my stay. The motel is close to restaurants, shopping, and site seeing. Rooms are clean and comfortable and management and staff are extremely polite, pleasant and accommodating. The motel is also quiet all the time. Traffic noise is minimal.Staff and guests are on first name relationship which is nice. I have to come back in August and plan on staying here. I compliment Frank (Staff) and Rochelle (owner) for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Hutch H
gypsyrose94
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here for one night very recently and had a great stay. It's close to EVERYTHING! The beds are comfy, everything worked, the staff was very friendly. I felt safe and comfortable. There are no amminities in the rooms except for bar soap, so make sure you bring shampoo, conditioner, etc. with you. If I go back to Bozeman and need basic a cheap place to stay I will be back here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank gypsyrose94
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Was just stopping in town for one night and ended up choosing this place because of price... We were not let down! The room was perfect and exactly what we were looking for. Surprisingly large bathroom for the size of the room. Cable and wi-fi available. Loved the fact that it is family owned and operated! When checking out in the morning, the owner was extremely friendly and talked with us for a while about our plans of travel and suggested places to check out. Like I said before, we were not let down!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank NWeis20
Oakdale, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

It has been a while since I have stayed here(May '12), my boyfriend and I drove from Saint Paul MN to Yellowstone and stayed all around outside of the park during our adventure. We stayed here on the second day of our trip, and after quite a bit of driving around the first two days it was so nice to relax. We had actually planned on camping this trip but because of the cold and rain we decided not too. We go places without set plans all the time because we never know where we are going to end up, this little Motel worked out quite nicely for us. We knew that we would like to stay in Montana at least once and after some searching we found this place. It looked pretty good, decent reviews, and the price couldn't be beat. Its not a five star hotel, if your hard to please this is probably isn't the place for you, but it surly does the trick if your not. This hotel was clean, it wasn't loud during our stay and the front desk was very nice/helpful. I would suggest this place to my friends for a cheap but nice stay.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple