“Inexpensive and clean”

Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Kincardine, Canada
“Inexpensive and clean”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We picked the Rainbow because it was cheap and had good reviews on Trip adviser. The room was clean with a nice bathroom. No microwave, no fridge but great wifi. The continental breakfast was good, coffee, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc. The host was friendly, even though we woke him up at 11 pm to get our room. The location was wonderful, just off the I 90.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jetter66
rainbow058, Manager at Rainbow Motel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank Jetter66 Very Much for writing a review. We Truly appreciate you time and business. Thank you for choosing the Rainbow for your place to stay while you were visiting Bozeman. Hopefully we will see you again if you are ever in this area again. We hope you have a Great Safe Winter. Thank You Again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed at the Rainbow after backpacking in the Selway Wilderness. The rooms were clean, cozy, and had all the amenities we could ask for. Our room was actually more of a one bedroom apartment with a kitchen and separate bedroom.

The motel was a bit of a walk from town and restaurants but it was affordable and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hungrymarmot
Thank You Hungrymarmot for your review. We appreciate you staying with us when you were passing thru Beautiful Bozeman. We appreciate all of our customers business more than they know. Come see us again if you are ever in this area. We hope you have a safe Winter.
THANK YOU AGAIN.
Van Wert, Ohio
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Booked a non-smoking room online a day ahead for one night. Got there in late afternoon, quick check in. Room was clean and neat. Faint smell of bleach when I first entered the room, but it quickly faded. Wanted a clean bed and a shower for the night, that was what I got. If I get back in that area again, I will keep it in mind.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank You Midwest1000 for your Review. We want to Thank you for choosing the Rainbow for your place to stay on your way thru. We appreciate your business very much. Have a great Safe Winter. Maybe we will see you again the next time you are in this area.
THANK YOU!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Rolled into town and booked a room no problem. Cooled off in the pool, and enjoyed the room. They even had a little breakfast in the morning. I love simple vintage motels! Keep the prices low by not offering unnecessary perks and amenities. A perfect place to rest while you're on the road.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie J
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

What a terrible smell in that room... Cold cigarette (for a non smoking room)/wet dog/cave moisture. I will never be back there. And it was pricey for a very basic room, and no breakfast included. There are way better options in the same price range in Bozeman.

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Thomson
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I called ahead to reserve the room. I was told they had just shampooed the carpet, but it should be dry by approximately 4pm. The man at the desk was very pleasant, but very slow. The hotel is old, but the rooms were clean. However, the carpet was still wet and didn't dry all night. I was charged more than the quote given to me by a woman who I made the reservation with. It was in the low 90s that day and we discovered the knobs missing from the air conditioner. We had to get our own plyers from our vehicle to operate it. No amenities to speak of and minimal breakfast offerings. Also, the outlets were so worn out I couldn't plug in my phone charger or computer without the cords falling out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
rainbow058, Manager at Rainbow Motel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Diane: We appreciate your review but would like to clarify a couple points you made. I am the one that took your reservation. When you called you needed a room that you could have your dog in and I told you right upfront I only had one room available but it wouldn't be ready till 4:00 because we had just shampooed the carpet and I thought the carpet would be dry enough by 4:00. We had fans on the carpet to try to dry it quickly and when I went to take them out the carpet was dry to the touch but and I knew you were wanting to get in so possibly it was damp when you walked on it. Second of all you did not get charged more than what you were quoted Diane. You asked me how much the room was I quoted you 90.00 plus 7.00 for the dog fee. You asked me if we had an AARP rate and I told you the rate would be 85.00 plus the 7.00 dog fee plus the tax which we have no control over. You paid 92.00 plus tax. You were not charged more than I quoted! Third of all as far as the A/C goes at the beginning of the summer another customer had removed the knobs from the A/C for what ever reason (we think so housekeepers wouldn't turn his a/c off during the day while he was gone) and we have not been able to find knobs that fit. So the knobs missing I do apologize for. We will have to replace the A/C and since the A/C works well (I know I am in the rooms everyday) we thought we would wait till after the hot summer and the busy season. It is a job to pull the thru the wall A/C's out. Fourth of all I am not sure what amenities you wanted. We advertise SMALL CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, SMALL HEATED POOL, WIFI in which we have all of. Maybe you were looking for the same kind of amenities you get at a Best Western and that we are not. As far as the outlets I can't quite understand that because we have no problems with our TV, Lamps, Alarm Clocks, A/C and on occasion when a customer requests microwaves and refrigerators staying plugged in. We hope you have a great rest of your summer.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Well, I had previously reviewed this hotel and had mentioned that I felt I had been overcharged by the proprietors of this business. The management reached out to me to clarify this issue, even offering to refund 10$ at one point. They clearly care about their reputation in the small Bozeman community. I do feel good about the clarification from the management that the desk price is more than an online booking price and that is why our room was priced as it was. However, as previously stated, I didn't really find the hotel rates for what the rooms are to be a good value. At around 70/night I got a room I would have expected to pay between 40-50 dollars a night for the room we had. If the rate had been cheaper, the outdated musty rooms, night time noise and light would have not been such a bother, but there is a thresh hold of hotel rates in which you expect a certain level of comfort and quality. The bathroom was clean, but it burned my senses with an overwhelming aroma of bleach. We have stayed in heaps of budget hotels, this is not a chain its a small family owned business, and there are some for 40-50/night that surprise with how pleasant they are when your expectations are so low. Perhaps we have just been lucky to have found several great budget hotels elsewhere in the US. Overall the hotel wasn't that great but the management seems interested in resolving issues that you may have, so I should have confronted them while I was there and perhaps could have had a better experience.

In the end I probably wouldn't stay there again, just because the rooms are quite small and musty and I like fresher air and think I could find something better at this price. I do appreciate that the management was so persistent in resolving my concerns about whether I was unfairly charged.

Room Tip: I had a ground level floor and heard noise above all night, perhaps a top floor is quieter.