“A make-over” 3 of 5 bubbles

Starky's Authentic Americana
Ranked #11 of 234 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At Starky's, you'll find the handmade foods you crave that nourish and satisfy body and soul, the community connection that energizes, and the appreciation of our staff for your visit. Visit us in Historic Downtown Bozeman for lunch, happy hour, and dinner or come enjoy an ice cold beer or glass of wine on our large outdoor patio! Vegan and Vegetarian menu items are available daily.Thanks for being here... eat, drink, gather, at Starky's.
Bozeman
“A make-over”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

For several years, Starky's was the place in Bozeman for good authentic delicatessen. Then, because of an unfortunate accident, it was forced to close for a long time. The restaurant has re-opened in a new location and with a new contemporary decor. They used to serve breakfast and lunch. Now, it's lunch and dinner. We heard they had a new chef, so we thought we'd try it. The greeter and servers were very casual Bozeman, while the food was more upscale, almost Japanese kiseki-like. The service was reasonably prompt; our waitress, friendly, and the quality, excellent. The portions were small, though well-presented. I had the scallops; my wife, the duck. The bread consisted of a standard-size onion baguette, to be dipped in olive oil. Our wine, a Riesling, came in a glass, but not a wine-glass, was a bit more than half the amount I would hope for, and of average quality. Our desserts were a cinnamon peach cobbler and a chocolate mousse, both very good.
My opinion: I think they're on the right track, only be a bit more generous and serve a small, warm home made bread instead of that roll.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank BozemanDick

Montana
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Starky's presents excellent food and service, just off of Main St. in downtown Bozeman. The calamari appetizers are great. Last night, I ate most of the large serving of Jambalaya, and it was very good. In warmer weather, they serve outside.

Kalispell
“Satisfying food, good service, busy and noisy place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Seated promptly at 12:30 a.m. on a Sunday, filled up after we arrived. Service was fast, efficient and friendly. The pastrami Reuben was delicious as was the hamburger with grilled onions. Both a substantial amount of food for the price. Food arrived very quickly. We were on our way out of town, so ate and left, very satisfied. Would definitely go back again.

• Visited September 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“"best dinner in valley"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

As a long time lunch patron my wife and I decided to try Dinner. New chef, new menu, and after
eating out at just about all restaurants in town we were up for something different. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife and I enjoyed the finest dinner we have ever experienced in the valley. I admit I had some tepid thoughts; after all who wants to go to dinner at your favorite lunch spot.
I had the tenderloin with medara maple sauce. It was the best piece of meat I have ever had in
Montana, my wife had the polenta dish. Service was the usual, excellent, and the food came out in a timely manner.
This will be the restaurant we bring guests for dinner when they visit. Honestly, the tenderloin
was so damn good I wanted to go back the next night but my wife put a stop to that because she
wants me to control my red meat intake. Another crazy thing, I am the type of guy that usually doesn't want my meat messed with (no peppercorn sauce, no seasoning, etc) but that maple sauce over the tenderloin was incredible.

Steve

1 Thank steve s
Cody, Wyoming
“Great food and service - best Ruben”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Traveling through Bozeman we stopped in for lunch. There was a good menu and lots of local micro-brews on tap. The waitress said they had the best Ruben's anywhere. Being a Ruben fan I had the pastrami Ruben and my husband had the corned beef. They were so good we couldn't pick a favorite. Will stop at Starky's anytime we are near Bozeman.