“Authentic as it gets”

Watanabe
Ranked #109 of 239 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: This is a small Japanese restaurant on west Main street in Bozeman. The food, service, and atmosphere are great, I have eaten here many times and always left happy. I think the sushi is much better than the other touted sushi restaurant in Bozeman.
Montana
“Authentic as it gets”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Great curry, only place that serves Japanese curry in Bozeman. Ramen dishes are all fantastic. Wonderful family owners. Small but comfortable setting.

Bozeman, MT
“Authentic Japanese! Fabulous Tempura!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Bozeman is lucky to have this authentic Japanese restaurant! The owner (cook) is very welcoming and friendly, as is his staff. I am addicted to their Assorted Tempura (Shrimp & Veggies). It is always wonderfully cooked with the perfect amount of crispness. There is always a wide array of vegetables, and the Miso Soup is delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant. I frequent this restaurant about once a week.

• Visited November 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Great value, quality cuisine.”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I love udon soup. I got a hefty bowl here for under 7$ and it was darn tasty. Little bits of tempura sprinkled on the top, plenty of seaweed just how I like it, tasty broth. Our waiter was on his game. We will be back here frequently. Excited to try the rest of the menu!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank tulipz856
Ellicott City, MD
“Wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Like another Trip Advisor reviewer, we happened upon Watanabe while looking for the Chinese restaurant two doors down. Good thing we weren't deterred by the larger setting -- a shabby strip mall with two empty stores -- or the rather plain interior, or we would have missed something really fine.

Watanabe is a small, family-run establishment that serves tasty Japanese fare (tempura, udon, teriyaki, sushi, and more) at modest prices, with friendly, personalized service. Mr. Watanabe, per our server, prepares the dishes himself, using recipes handed down by his grandmother. Everything we ordered -- my daughter's chicken teriyaki plate, my ten-don bowl, and my husband's chicken yakisoba -- was delicious and attractively presented. And the miso soup and FREE green tea that accompanied our meals, rounded things out nicely.

I nearly forgot to mention the fascinating, for-sale art -- the work of a Japanese student who iives in Bozeman -- that adorns the walls at Watanabe. (There are some interesting conversation starters, such as a painting of a warthog on a bike and one of three ravens called "Quoth the raven: 'Never four.'")

We will be in Bozeman two more days before heading to Yellowstone National Park. More than likely, we'll be visiting Watanabe again during that time!

• Visited September 2013
BONANZA
“Great "Mom & Pop" Sushi”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Local ran sushi restaurant and the food was excellent. Simple choices but well worth the stop for dinner.

The food was fresh, tasty and had a wonderful presentation.

Not difficult to find, but the parking is limited.

If you love Japanese, make this one of your stops in Bozeman!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Watanabe? Share your experiences!