“Public Bath House”

Bozeman Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: For more than 100 years, visitors have come to relax and rejuvenate in these natural hot springs. A small pool enjoyed only by a few in the late 1800's, has evolved into a destination for area residents and tourists seeking a unique Montana experience with friends and family. It is conveniently located just minutes from Gallatin International Airport, Yellowstone National Park, and Big Sky Resort. Come relax in our natural hot springs. Our facility features 12 different pools with temperatures ranging from 59 to 106 degrees and both dry and wet saunas. Bozeman Hot Springs is the perfect destination for a family get together, a relaxing soak after a hard day of skiing, or just for an energizing swim in the therapeutic water. To ensure a consistently clean facility, our indoor pools are a flow through system so no chemicals are needed and they are drained and cleaned every night. We also offer a full fitness facility for those who like to get the ultimate workout experience. Use our state of the art Life Fitness equipment and then go relax in our hot springs to rejuvenate your muscles. There is now live music every Thursday and Sunday at 7:00 PM! Bozeman Hot Springs is located 8 miles west of Bozeman on US 191 on the way to or from Big Sky and West Yellowstone. We accept cash, Master Card, Personal Check (In State), Travelers Checks and Visa.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Public Bath House”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our stop at the hot spring was kinda a last minute decision. I told my wife while we were driving trough Montana that I could really go for a hot spring soak. We decided to look to see if there were any on our route, and found there was this one a short distance away.

I've been to a few hot springs, and all of them were pretty natural. Think Chena Hot Springs Resort in Alaska U.S. or Liard River Hot Springs Provincial Park in Canada. This was not like those. What we found was a building that resembled a public bath house. There were 9 pools/Tubs with temperatures ranging from 63*F to 106*F.

We stayed at the KOA camp ground next door, and was able to get a discount or two day passes. The first night there were a log of kids running around like a public swimming pool during summer vacation. The next morning though there were only three or for adults in there, so it was a more relaxing.

It was still nice to enjoy the hot water. I did notice these pools didn't have as strong of a sulfur typical to the other hot springs I've been to. They may have filtered most of it out, but that's a minor thing.

I still enjoyed it.

Visited August 2014

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Meh!?!? The hot water was nice”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Planned on being in Bozeman so we included the hot springs on our itinerary. Worked out great because it was raining, except the power went out and that seemed to overwhelm the staff. Staff wouldn't let us swim but didn't stop everyone else from continuing their soak. We offered to pay cash since register was down our to pay on the way out w CC, but that seemed like too much for counter girl to grasp. Power came on a bit later, so all was well. Overall the place is a bit chaotic, lots of echo-y kids yelling, and rough housing play, not very relaxing, bit or kids had fun and it beat standing in the rain. Word to the wise, don't expect much from the staff.

1 Thank Darby W
Cheney, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The Hot Springs”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We really loved the Bozeman Hot Springs. The 9 pools - all with different temperatures of water were amazing. It could have been more relaxing by not allowing kids to have noodles, balls, and floaties in the pool. A separate area for kids would be nice because we found that parents do not respect other peoples right to relax. After being hit in the head with a ball, hat water spit in my face through a noodle, being wacked in the head with a noodle, and having a kid jump too close to my elderly husband, we yelled at some kids. Their parents got confrontational. When i reported it to the front desk they did offer us a free pass for the next day but we were leaving. My disappointment was to note that they had viewing and could have noticed the kids inappropriate activity and put a stop to it. But we did have a great time and for the most part it was quite relaxing.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Chris_201415
Derry, New Hampshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Relaxing Day”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very nice, we'll maintained, large springs. Good price. Excellent hours. Friendly, helpful staff. One of the best steam rooms and dry saunas I have ever used.
BHS has a fitness center, but I did not use it.

Visited July 2014
Layton
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wish I lived closer so I could go often.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

There are several different hot pools of varying sizes and temperatures. Something for everyone, including small children. This is a very well kept place including the dressing rooms and showers. There is an outside pool as well as many inside pools.

Visited June 2014