“Nothing too special”

High Country Grill
Ranked #182 of 242 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I wasn't overly impressed, the food itself was very typical of what you would get at a bar, burgers, fries, lots of deep fried stuff. All of that is fine if that's what your looking for, but the burgers themselves are pretty average there are defineately better options in Bozeman. I have found the best time to go is early the bar has happy hour specials, if you go later they start playing the music really really loud and it is pretty annoying. For the price Montana Ale Works is a better option, better food, way better service and 100 times better atmosphere that and they serve local grassfed beef.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had a terrible experience at lunch, so when we arrived in Bozeman we were ready for pleasant eating experience. We go it. Pleasant and responsive staff, good food and great atmosphere. I had the blackened fish po boy sammie, although not as crispy as I expect blackened fish, it was very tasty with some excellent slaw. Kids both had grilled cheese (crunchy with gooey cheese) and some os the best fries I've ever tasted anywhere. My wife had the caesar salad which she enjoyed. She also had the corn chowder which had bacon in it (she's a vegetarian0 and the quickly replaced it with a side of her choice. Friends had house salad and French Dip (Tuesday special) and both enjoyed it. Pretty good grub, recommend.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had a burger & an order of fried green tomatoes. They did not have the traditional sauce one would see in the south for the tomatoes so sorta made my own. Burger was great. My friend had a burger also with a coup of corn chowder soup and that was the downfall of the meal. "I tasted it also" tasted like burned corn and could not be eaten. The staff did their best to make it right by offering another side. Good customer relations. Again, the burger was great, a bit pricy, but good. I will be back to try the Philly cheese steak.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stopped for dinner and liked it so much, we returned for lunch the next day. Great burgers and hand cut fries; excellent cajun meatloaf. Fresh salads with black beans soup made the healthy eaters in our group very happy. Appetizers -- fried green tomatoes and lamb and shrimp skewers were tasty. Definitely worth the stop in downtown Bozeman.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I believe, if I were on deathrow, for my last meal, I would have the High County Grills hand cut fries. They were sooo good. I was there today with a friend and she was equally impressed. This is a place where I could have a business meeting, bring my kids, or bring a date. We had the Catfish, it was tender and delious! The bun on the hamburger was ahhmazing! It was a great meal and we definately be back!