“Shabby”

Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked this hotel through a popular travel website. When I got there, I was assigned a room with a broken air conditioner and a recliner that looked like it came from a thrift store. When I contacted the front desk, they said that I was already getting a discounted room rate because of the website I booked through. After making it clear that the room was unacceptable and that I'd have to find another hotel, they graciously agreed to "upgrade" us to the only other available room. The suite was better but not what I would call luxurious.The carpet was dirty throughout the building and the meager breakfast was mostly inedible. The staff was sweet and agreeable, but this hotel does not deserve a positive rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanetBT

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Yellowstone. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the main downtown area, so we were able to walk to the bars and restaurants. The rooms were clean and they offered free breakfast of eggs, sausage, coffee, and cereal. What I expected for the price I paid.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank allibee
Reviewed 1 April 2014

On the way to Ski 'Big Sky' and stumbled on this Beauty of a Hotel. Located on East Main and an easy stroll downtown (icy footpaths not withstanding) which the wife did while I skied ! Spent 2 nights at a very reasonable rate of $70/night with a good breakfast as well. The staff were exceptionally friendly (Stani take a bow) at all times. The room was large , clean and ticked every box and have no hesitation to stay again or recommend. Say G'day to Wallace who dominates the lounge area while your there !!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skeney57
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a great hotel on the east side of town, right by two convenience stores and about a half-mile to downtown Bozeman. The rooms are super clean, they are large, they have flat screen TVs, and wireless internet. My only reason for giving it 4 stars is the internet connection. It is spotty at best, so if you use the internet while on business, I would only recommend emailing at the most. When the internet worked well, it worked REALLY well, but most of the time it never worked or had to be reset. That is my only qualm with this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at this basic motor inn for a quick night en route to Yellowstone, and for the money - around $60 during this late March off-season - it was a good deal. Staff very friendly, property and room were extremely clean, handy fridge and microwave in our room. Downsides were very thin walls (could hear noisy guests across the hall at midnight) and crummy beds - cheap, squishy mattresses with one thin blanket and thin bedspread. Had to keep heat on to be warm enough while sleeping, but thermostat had no numbers on the dial, so we had no idea how warm we were attempting to keep the room. Had to get up a time or two to adjust it. The breakfast room has high ceilings, lots of light, a gas fireplace and big stuffed grizzly bear surveying the scene. Options included make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs (the less-than-appealing instant kind, I think), cereal, Quaker oats packets, apples, orange juice and coffee/tea. If only the beds were better quality, I'd return for a good bargain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights in May 2013 before heading to Yellowstone for a summer job. It was clean, the room was spacious, and the service was great! The front desk people were very nice. The breakfasts were good too. It's a perfect location- a nice five minute stroll from downtown. I was able to go out and find some dinner and explore Bozeman a little without having to have a car! I will book a room here again when I come back someday! Also, it was a great price for a twenty something traveling on a budget!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We got into Bozeman on a spur of the moment trip with no place to stay. We stopped at a couple places to check prices. The lady at this place was really nice and gave us a "free" upgrade to a nicer room. It was big and nice. It's in a good location, too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple