“Great for our one night stay”

Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Peoples Republic of West Yorkshire
“Great for our one night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stopped at this motel for one night on our way to Yellowstone NP as our flight arrived in Bozeman quite late at night and we just wanted somewhere to sleep.
Check in was quick and front desk staff were very helpful when we arrived. The room was big, compared to English hotels and very clean, although maybe showing its age a bit. As we had been travelling all day we both slept very well and didn't notice the road to the front. I usually only have bagels and coffee for breakfast and these were both provided so was very pleased and filled up for the day ahead. Also the giant stuffed bear in the reception / breakfast area is great, much better than the boring chain motels which all look the same. Overall I would deffinately recommend this motel if all your after is a stop-over on your way to Yellowstone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Jose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

I've stayed here twice. July 11, 2009 through July 17, 2009. The other time was August 26 through August 29. I was on the 3rd floor with 2 queen beds the first time and the 2nd floor with 2 queen beds the second time. The beds were soft and losing support. The pillows were flat. The soap and shampoo were low quality. The towels were small and over-dried because they were scratchy and "brittle". The toilet paper and kleenex were low quality; not soft. The location is really great on the east end of main street. The staff is really helpful and pleasant; the hotel was always quiet. I did not try the continental breakfast because I choose to eat at one the two best breakfast places on main street - NOVA and Over easy Main street. It has free WIFI. I have only stayed at this hotel in Bozeman. I don't really care to stay near highway 90; my preference was to stay near downtown. Both times I was in town with my son who is attending MSU.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

This motel has no elevator. You may end up on the 3rd floor with no warning and no option for a refund. I have mobility problems and that's what happened to me. Very poor breakfast beneath the gaze of a stuffed Alaska bear. Don't stay here!!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

I recently stayed at the Western Heritage Inn and I was very pleased with most everything. I got a great deal from Orbitz. The location near downtown is wonderful, so you can walk to the nearby Montana Ale Works, which has a large selection of microbrews from around Montana and a great atmosphere. The lobby is neat and unique with a rustic lodge feel and a big stuffed bear. Our room was clean and sufficient. The desk attendants were friendly and helpful. There's no pool, but there is a jacuzzi and a sauna, and the jacuzzi room has a Glacier Park mural.

I wasn't expecting much at breakfast, but there were two cereal options, juice, coffee, bread, bagels, jelly, fruit, and maybe more (muffins?). It was just missing peanut butter. What more do you need from a motel?

Oh, and the Greyhound station across the street - I never saw a bus and I never saw any characters or any activity or anyone over there for that matter.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

Saw their billboard from I-90, it said comfortable rooms and great rates... not quite the case. The room was $110 (like a Days Inn) but the quality wasn't even Motel 6. I told the clerk the rate seemed high and he had the nuts on him to compare the rates to a Wingate.

This is not a Wingate, not even close. The beds are old and uncomfortable, the furniture is very old, the room fridge was broken, AC took all night at full blast to cool the room, and the "great breakfast" we were told about was a joke.

It was muffins, bagels and cereal. Nothing hot but a toaster and there was no fruit left by 8:00.

If you want a cheap motel, get a cheap motel. If you want to spend over $100, go somewhere decent. Try a Super-8 or something with a better reputation.

• Liked — Only good thing is taxidermied animals in the lobby.
  • Disliked — Value is terrible. I feel ripped off, lied to by a billboard.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank PurpleTea
Freeport, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2007

We stayed at motel at beginning and end of our Montana/Wyoming vacation. It's very convenient to airport and I90. Nothing special; the motel is old and the rooms are pretty shabby. Hard bed, two skimpy pillows. Front desk staff very nice. Continental breakfast and coffee in the am. Convenience store next door. Downtown Bozeman close by. We had breakfast at the Over Easy Cafe on Lower Main Street and it was yummy. Had takeout dinner from the Home Page Cafe on Lower Main-overpriced and lame.

Be aware that Greyhound bus station is across the street from motel and rich with characters.

This place is fine for a night but I'd not recommend if you're staying longer or if you'll be spending much time in your room.

• Liked — location and nice staff
  • Disliked — bed and skimpy pillows
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaineIzzy
oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2007

Although this hotel has a nice lobby and staff, the beds are uncomfortable and the roll-aways need to be tossed in the dump! There were 3 of us in our room and none of us ever really got a good nights sleep. The towels need to be replaced - they are thin and small. The microwave, fridge, and a lamp were all on the same electrical outlet and turned off and on when they wanted to (must have been overheating). I definitely did not feel our stay was worth the price.

• Liked — location and nice and clean lobby
  • Disliked — we did not sleep, the beds were horrible and the rooms need updating
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)