“average food, nice staff”

Bamboo Garden Asain Grill
Ranked #181 of 245 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was a typical Chinese buffet. Food not necessarily totally fresh, but tasted fine. Staff was very nice.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

It by no means is the best asain food ever. However it is much better than the competition down the street. We had the buffet which was a great value. Their was a wide selection of dishes offered. It is worth visiting a second time. The outside of the resturant does not do the resturant justice.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

During our visit last week to Great Falls and West Yellowstone we stumbled upon this Chinese Restaurant located in Bozeman, Montana. We were hungry for something that wasn't red meat since we'd already loaded up on buffalo burgers and steak on the previous evenings of our vacation. Chinese sounded okay so after cruising Main St. we found the Bamboo Garden.

If you read my other reviews of food and restaurants you'll learn that I'm not "all about" writing negative reviews. In all honesty, I'm not excited about what I'm about to say and must begin by stating that this restaurant is receiving this review not because their restaurant was dirty or their food or service lacked in quality. This review is all about the health and quality-of-life for the patrons that are thinking about eating here.

Here's what happened to my wife, I, and countless others who have patronized this restaurant.

It was late in the evening, a little after 8:00 PM local time when we rolled into Bozeman. By 8:20 PM we were seated and confronted with a major decision. Do we order off the menu and wait? Or, do we choose to eat from the restaurants buffet? We quickly strolled both sides of the steam table to look over the precooked fare and decided to go for it (A somewhat local Kay's Teriyaki Plus in No. Spokane, WA. has a very good lunch buffet so this place, being similar in fare made our choice even easier).

There was the usual mix of Chinese American food, fried rice, soft stir fried noodles, various chicken dishes, broccoli beef, egg rolls, pot stickers, etc... We loaded our plates and headed back to our table. With the exception of the egg rolls, everything tasted COLD.

Immediately, I knew that we and everyone else eating from this buffet stood the chance of obtaining food poisoning from bacteria that grows on cooked exposed food that isn't held at 140 degrees or hotter. Had I been Robert Irvine, the professional chef and star of Restaurants Impossible, on Food Network, I would of blown my lid and everyone who was seated eating from that buffet would of been told to stop eating.

The Montana State Department of Health should inspect this restaurant and if similar violations are discovered they should heavily fine the owners and shut this restaurant down until they can prove that they will comply with proper food storage temps and current Montana State health codes.

Until this happens, nobody should patronize this buffet...

1  Thank Steven_Thompson_56