“Excellent sandwiches”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Montana
“Excellent sandwiches”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Right across from MSU campus. The half sandwiches are HUGE!
Small place with outside seating or to go. Fast service, and sandwiches are made to order. Another place that must be super busy when school is in session.

Visited May 2014

Seattle
“A Bozeman-MSU Institution!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I've been eating at the Pickle Barrel for over 30 years! It's always good! It's outlasted almost all of the other Bozeman institutions from my heyday! For thirty years I've been trying to find sub sandwiches as good as the ones at the Pickle Barrel, but I've yet to find anything that compares. I even prefer the Pickle Barrel Cheesesteak to ones I've had on the streets of Philly!

Visited April 2014
Bellevue, Washington
“3rd hand review”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Disclaimer - I have never eaten at Pickle Barrel. What I have done is ordered the occasional sandwich for my daughter who is at Montana State. She reports to me that they knock their sandwiches out of the park! Her favorite is the Big Sky sandwich because, of course, who doesn't love bacon on everything?

What I have been impressed with is the ease of ordering, the promptness of their delivery to her dorm and their willingness to fix the (one time) issue she had.

A full sized sandwich will last her all weekend. The first time I ordered one, she thought they had delivered 2 by mistake, because each half is about the size of a regular Subway sandwich.

Before she even got to her freshman orientation, we were told by numerous people not to miss Pickle Barrel. She is very glad we took their advice.

Visited January 2014
Richland, Washington
“Still the same great place it was years ago”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Pickle Barrel has been around for decades, and in a time when most restaurants are cutting down on portions but raising prices, Pickle Barrel has remained consistent in quality and quantity. Their sandwiches are huge, so be sure you're good and hungry before you go there. They put other sandwich shops to shame.

Visited December 2013
“Best sandwiches in Bozeman”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Living next door to it made it obvious choice to grab something there. A half a sandwich was enough for me for a meal. I miss their sandwiches...

Visited November 2012