“This is not a lodge or an inn. It is a dreary sub-standard motel.”

MountainView Lodge & Suites
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The large foyer here is dreary, dark, and uninviting. The good news is that it prepares you for the rooms, popcorn ceilings barely concealing the concrete beneath it. A dated decor in maroon and oak, a mountain view almost completely hidden by I 90 and a train very near. No wireless in our end room at all. No one at the desk at our arrival and a teenager soon there whose directions to our first floor room included directions to the first floor. There is a systemic lack of caring here and if you are fooled by the designation "lodge" we'll you've been warned. Dreadful.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here once on the way to Seattle as well as on the way back. First time we had a lower floor and second time with had another person so got a suite with a fireplace and pull out couch. Pull out couch is really small and two people can not fit on it comfortably. It's clean and staff is fine. Really like an overnight guy named Brent, I think! Great guy! Parking is easy! Did notice the last time we left the halls totally smelled like dog. It didn't on the day before so who knows. They do accept pets. On another note, we slept with the window open and holy smokes, I actually thought a train was headed into our room. I never noticed this on our first stay so perhaps try to get rooms closer to the front desk and not at the end of the hotel.

Room Tip: Great car wash right next door and a coupon code is on the map thing at front desk.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed the night after a day in Yellowstone, flew out the next morning. Rooms were large, nice indoor pool, 6 minutes from airport. Breakfast included. Staff was very accommodating. Restaurant/bar next door with decent food for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Picked this at random off the internet - what a stroke of luck on our part!! Nice, clean, well-maintained facility. Pet friendly for dogs at a very reasonable additional charge. Nice pool, spacious grounds. Our room was at the railroad end of the property, but not a big deal for us as we are old-school railroad people. Comforting to us to hear the BNSF passing in the night (4 trains). "Other" end of the property is probably quieter if trains bother you. Reasonable prices, clean accommodations. Only "downtick" was a delay in checking out due to single agent at front desk who was also trying to maintain the breakfast area. I can't fuss about her dedication - she was working hard to make both jobs go smoothly. It was probably one of those things that normally works well, but circumstance on this particular day had both jobs hit the crisis stage at the same time. If you are travelling through Bozeman, we recommend this Lodge as a good value and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: North end rooms are probably quieter than south end which is 1/4 mile from RR tracks. No elevator...
2  Thank Claude S
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I ended up staying there for about a week unexpectly, due to a family member on our road trip who got sick and ended up in the hospital in Bozeman. Our stay was GREAT, the staff was friendly, they had nive clean rooms and a nice pool. Like others had mentioned thier TVs needs to be updated other then that it was a perfect stay. If I ever need a room in Bozeman again with out a doubt I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MMCK379
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I just got back from staying at this hotel for a few days. Nice and quiet location (then again, just about everywhere in montana is quiet) Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. Free simple breakfast and a Bar/Restaurant just next door.

My only complaint is that the televisions could use some upgrading.

Highly recommended if staying in the area.

2  Thank marcmsj
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is a very nicely laid out hotel, well maintained. It is not in "town" but a couple of miles from the edge of developed Bozeman. What I like about its location was that it was about a mile from the Cherry River Fishing Access, which is a nice short trail system in the marsh and grass surrounding the edge of the Cherry River. Very nice for birdwatching when I was there.

The rooms are comfortably large, with all the expected amenities, except the TV is not flat screen, if that matters to you. Wifi worked fine. Carpets, if not new, in very good condition. Minor paint chips on the walls. Most of the room access is through the main lobby doors, feeding into a room corridor on the lower level and an interior stairway and corridors for the upper level. The hotel did not appear to be very occupied when I was there.

Breakfast was adequate. The usual hotel fare, with make-your-own waffles, hard boiled eggs, sausage, cold cereal, toast, rolls, biscuits, etc.

I have two complaints though. First, they allow pets. There was a small dog next door. The dog was barking every few minutes after 10 pm. I contacted the desk. They went to the room, but the owner was absent, left his dog alone. So they gave me a discount on my room. That was fair, but I'm in the camp of no pets in hotels. Second, there is some railroad noise. The tracks are close. I heard trains as late as 11:45 pm and as early as 6 am. If you are a very light sleeper, that might matter. Other than the dog and the trains, I did not hear any noise in the room.

Would I stay here again? Yes. Overall experience was good and so was the value.

Room Tip: Say in your comments that you don't want to be next to any rooms with pets.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple