“Excellent Value for the Money”

MountainView Lodge & Suites
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Room was very large, very clean and everything worked well. We asked for room not facing interstate and so it was pretty quiet at night and we had nice view of the mountains.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Even included fresh fruit salad. Coffee a little weak but fine with me.
All in all the cleanest hotel we found during our vacation and an excellent value for the price paid. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the interstate. It will be more quiet at night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne A

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We found this place on a whim when trying to get somewhere close to the airport for an early morning flight. The rooms are clean, large and the staff were super nice. We showed up in bathing suits after a day on the river the gal was super nice and they were even nice for our 3am wake up call, and mad dash past the front desk. I will 100% for sure stay here again if/when I am again in Bozeman. We had the jacuzzi room, very fair price even though we never got to use the tub.

Room Tip: no elevator, get a north facing 2nd level room for a mountain view if that is what you are after.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valerie B
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My family stayed at MountainView in early August, and we had such a nice two-night stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They treated us like well-known, return customers, even though it was our first-time there. After a long day on the road, that kind of customer service is really appreciated. Rooms were spacious and clean, and beds were comfortable. Our room had a fridge and microwave -- not sure if that's standard or not. I LOVED how they had hot coffee (with syrups and different-flavored brews) available by the front door 24/7. I took advantage of a cup of coffee for the road on more than one occasion.

The location is off of the main drag in Bozeman, but it's not a long drive to anywhere you want to go. Given the fact that we were visiting places all around town (and not just downtown), we felt that MountainView was centrally located for us.

The only "Hmmm" moment I had (and this is minor) is related to the fact that staff doesn't have a common uniform. So, when a friendly teenage girl knocked on our door in the morning wearing regular street clothes, I thought she was another patron coming to the wrong room. She clarified that she was part of the housekeeping staff and was bringing us our requested additional towels. No big deal, but (if anyone's listening), it's my suggestion that it would be a nice touch (and be nice for clarification), if the staff all had polo shirts that said "MountainView" just so you knew who was who.

Bottom line: We will definitely stay here on our return trips to Bozeman! Thanks to the staff for everything!

Room Tip: First floor room with window to the parking lot was quiet and spacious!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank P-Fow
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nice location, all views aren't of mountain as the name implies. Not the place to stay for a romantic night. The whirlpool didn't work well and no bath supplies were offered for it. We paid extra for a place like that so were disappointed. They had a good breakfast in the morning and recommended a great place to eat dinner although weren't very sure of directions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann A
Reviewed 24 August 2013

There's no elevator, so unless you get a first floor room, be prepared to haul your luggage up the stairs. The atmosphere is pretty decent, spacious and airy. I had a room with two queen beds. It was adequate, but not overly large. The breakfast was pretty standard hotel fare. I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again, but I'll probably check out other places in Bozeman first.

Room Tip: first floor rooms are better due to no elevator
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DrivingMissCrazy
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stay in this hotel everytime we come to Bozeman! My husband and I always book a king room with a fireplace and jet-tub in the room when we are on our own, and we usually book the two room suite with sitting area (pull-out couch) when we have the kids with us. We would not be able to afford those amenities anywhere else! The prices here are very reasonable! (I think we paid around $100 for a single room, the suite was more like $200...still WELL below other area hotels) If you are expecting a 4 star hotel, don't. It's a basic hotel, with a few added amenities you would not usually find at this price, such as the jet-tubs and fireplaces! Every room I have been in has had a mini-fridge and microwave also!

The breakfast is very simple. My husband and I make coffee in our room, but coffee is provided 24 hours. My kids are perfectly happy with cold cereal, yogurt, donuts, muffins, and juice. Don't expect too much more. There is a bar right next door that sells beverages and pub-style food in the evenings. There is also a gas station/convenience store next door for snack foods and the like. (You can purchase beer and wine in gas stations in Montana.) Pizza places will deliver, Johnny Carinos (Italian fare) is a two minute car ride away, and the rest of Bozeman has pretty much any kind of restaurant you are looking for! EVERYTHING in Bozeman is less than 20 minutes away!

The hotel has a small pool, which was fun for the kids. The pool area has a decent-sized hot-tub, and a sauna (which I haven't used, so I can't really review that part) When hubby and I stay here alone we don't use the pool.

The rooms are always clean! One time the TV remote wouldn't work--someone had stolen the batteries! The Desk staff was quick to fix the problem, and were equally accomodating when we asked for extra pillows and blankets for our picky kids! (Who will sleep in the same bed ONLY if they have their OWN blanket!)

If you are looking for luxury...keep looking. But if you are just looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this is it!

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi suite if you are travelling as a couple! They are only marginally more the the reg...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

The service and cleanliness was excellent. Their breakfast was superior to many of other hotels we have visited. Even though we booked at the last minute they gave us an excellent rate. And they still have smoking rooms, WITH A JACUZZI! The new and young attendant on the 9th & 10th was polite and even offered to port our luggage, and he was sure to check that we happy with the room each time we saw him. As such we will be visiting again soon, to this specific hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013