MacKenzie River Pizza Co -- Downtown Bozeman
Ranked #14 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Transporting you to the very heart of the Northern Rockies, the casual, rustic atmosphere with unique Montana Lodgepole furniture, stunning panoramic canvas and historic photographs sets the tone for distinctive, creatively prepared food served by vibrant employees renowned for passing their upbeat attitudes on to our customers. The MacKenzie River menu features an incredible array of delectable dishes, always flavorful and fresh, and served up in heaping portions. The acclaimed gourmet pizzas are offered on a variety of crusts – sourdough, natural grain, thick and thin – with toppings from classic pepperoni to pesto, ricotta, and sun-dried tomato. With nearly two dozen pizzas on the menu, you are bound to find at least one you’ll love. MacKenzie River also offer hearty sandwiches served warm on fresh-baked bread, full and half-sized salads, pastas that will wow your taste buds. You will find everything from Pulled Pork Nachos and Buffalo Chicken Mack n’ Cheese to a fresh Cobb Salad, housemade soups and Wings. Be sure to save room for the Mack Lovin dessert, gooey chocolate chip cookies topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce; it’s great for sharing. To complement the menu choices, select from a variety of microbrews and fine wines.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Frequent this place at least once a month. Great pizza and better beer selection. Good place for kids. Always good service.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The pizza is really poor. There are better pizza places in Bozeman. The sandwiches are decent and same for the salads.

The waitstaff are very nice and the restaurant has a decent atmosphere.

1  Thank Donny H
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Our group of seven voted and we give it a five. Pizza was great. Enjoyed the Philly Cheese. Waiter was lots of fun and attentive.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have eaten many times at many MacKenzie restaurants around Montana. I have never been dissatisfied with the quality of the meal or the friendliness of the wait staff. It's one of my favorites, hands down. During my last trip, I was a bit delayed getting to the restaurant, so I didn't arrive until 15 minutes before closing time. Rather than turn me away, they welcomed me in for dinner and gave me the full, unrushed service that they give all of their patrons. I felt warm and welcome, even though I was keeping them late. I could hear the comradely of the workers who seemed to truly enjoy each other's company as they were "cheerfully" closing for the night. I thought, "these folks really seem to enjoy where they work," which is undoubtedly one of the reasons that this is such a good place to eat a meal.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Excellent pizza, beer, and service. Ate here after flying in from Texas based on previous recommendations. Our party needed vegetarian and gluten-free options which were abundant on the menu. Our server was fantastic! Substitutions were easy (and free), and beer sampling was encouraged.